Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

17 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

The first Avatar was the highest grossing film in most 1st world nations, only TFA beat it. (member chewbacca??)

Avatar 2 will be the first film to break $1b from one nation.

By the time Blucahontas 2 reaches theaters a decade will have passed after the first. Will audiences be eager to revisit the franchise's rehashed tropes or will the forces of popular culture have swept them off to a galaxy far, far away? 

9 minutes ago, Eevin said:
Spoiler

giphy.gif

bnwIVzw.gif

In a box office world full of rehashed nostalgia and oversaturated super hero flicks you would doubt the man who brought Avatar and Titanic.

Avatar and Titanic stick out like sore thumbs in next to The Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Marvel's Avengers and Furious 7.

It's honestly shameful how the box office theory forums have so little faith in the king who brough us the highest grossing film, not once, but twice though?

Just you wait and see how much money Jim's first blockbuster sequel makes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

bnwIVzw.gif

In a box office world full of rehashed nostalgia and oversaturated super hero flicks you would doubt the man who brought Avatar and Titanic.

Avatar and Titanic stick out like sore thumbs in next to The Force Awakens, Jurassic World, Marvel's Avengers and Furious 7.

It's honestly shameful how the box office theory forums have so little faith in the king who brough us the highest grossing film, not once, but twice though?

Terminator 2, aka a good Jim Cameron movie

• Like 6

Just now, robertman2 said:

Terminator 2 had a budget of like, $100 M. Also, Aliens

You're misunderstanding, the first sequel to a Cameron blockbuster, not the first Cameron sequel that is a blockbuster.

Also all Cameron films are good.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

bnwIVzw.gif

I thought Cameron's first blockbuster sequel was Terminator 2. 

And if "doubting" James Cameron means believing that Avatar 2 won't do $1b in China, then oh, yes, I doubt him and every single other director/franchise on the planet.

No one is claiming that Avatar 2 won't make tons of money when it opens at the box office. I'm sure it will be among the top franchises for years to come. And if doubting Cameron means refusing to believe your insane predictions, then I fully doubt him. 

And while we're on the topic of oversaturation, your "king" is making four sequels to Avatar.

But hey, it's your opinion. I and many other people here will give you credit if your predictions turn out to be accurate. Who knows?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Talkie said:

By the time Blucahontas 2 reaches theaters a decade will have passed after the first. Will audiences be eager to revisit the franchise's rehashed tropes or will the forces of popular culture have swept them off to a galaxy far, far away? 

Or will James Cameron trounce all those kiddie fares for (wo)manchildren still living in their childhood memorabilias seething once again thrice in a row with a groundbreaking and mind-blowing cinematic experience like 1998 when Cameron humiliated Star Wars: the Phantom Menace everywhere on Earth and 2009 when he laughed at all CBM in one mighty tour de force?

Yeah, "Blucahontas" will once again break the Internet until it is blue in its face wallowing in its whining and bitching well.

It's not like revisiting rehashed tropes and nostalgia hurt TFA, isn't it? But Cameron doesn't need cartoons and toys to keep reminding people of his movies. Also send your rant to Disney company that is about to launch an Avatar land at Disneyland, I'm sure they'd appreciate your insight about how wrong they are to cash on this property.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, dashrendar44 said:

Or will James Cameron will trounce all those kiddie fares for (wo)manchildren seething once again thrice in a row with a groundbreaking and mind-blowing cinematic experience like 1998 when Cameron humiliated Star Wars: the Phantom Menace everywhere on Earth and 2009 when he laughed at all CBM in one mighty tour de force?

Yeah, "Blucahontas" will once again break the Internet until it is blue in its face wallowing in its whining and bitching well.

It's not like revisiting rehashed tropes and nostalgia hurt TFA, isn't it? But Cameron doesn't need cartoons and toys to keep reminding people of his movies. Also send your rant to Disney company that is about to launch an Avatar land at Disneyland, I'm sure they'd appreciate your insight about how wrong they are to cash on this property.

Lol. Just because Avatar toys (yes they make them) don't sell as well as Star Wars toys.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Nobody really wants an Avatar sequel though. I feel no hype for it.

People want more Star Wars films. So much hype.

Lol, c'mon. It is the highest grossing movie ever WW. Nothing even comes remotely close. And it's Cameron. I'm not a crazy Avatar fan, but a #4 WW rank and around 1.7b is the absolute floor for it. That is something no SW movie in the near future will touch. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, James said:

Lol, c'mon. It is the highest grossing movie ever WW. Nothing even comes remotely close. And it's Cameron. I'm not a crazy Avatar fan, but a #4 WW rank and around 1.7b is the absolute floor for it. That is something no SW movie in the near future will touch. 

So? Doesn't mean people are excited for an unnecessary sequel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eevin said:

I thought Cameron's first blockbuster sequel was Terminator 2. 

And if "doubting" James Cameron means believing that Avatar 2 won't do $1b in China, then oh, yes, I doubt him and every single other director/franchise on the planet.

No one is claiming that Avatar 2 won't make tons of money when it opens at the box office. I'm sure it will be among the top franchises for years to come. And if doubting Cameron means refusing to believe your insane predictions, then I fully doubt him. 

And while we're on the topic of oversaturation, your "king" is making four sequels to Avatar.

But hey, it's your opinion. I and many other people here will give you credit if your predictions turn out to be accurate. Who knows?

Misunderstanding, I meant first sequel to a Cameron blockbuster, Aliens are T2 don't count.

As for the China prediction, it's not insane! Furious 7 in 2015 made $390m. Transformers made $320 in 2014. If you venture into the chinese box office section of this forum, they will tell you China loves Avatar. Here is the secret part that you might not have accounted for, the one month limit. In china foreign films are only allowed 1 month in cinema, however Jim is trying to extend that. He may be able to do it as it will have an environmental message as the original did. If it were released to day I think it would make $700m, but the 1 bil accounts for the growth of the Chinese box office.

Last point, if you think the Avatar sequels are over saturation, you're against sequels all together. The onslaught of superhero movies can't be compared.

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Lol. Just because Avatar toys (yes they make them) don't sell as well as Star Wars toys.

And? It's not like Cameron need the toys to make those movies or that toys are what keep the audience interested in these movies. Whereas George Lucas literally got rich because of the toys not the movies, the toys are the reason why he could back up the movies, the reason why a whole generation is obsessed with SW. And Avatar's success proved that Cameron didn't need that pavlovian merchandising galore to reach audience if the cinematic experience brings something to the table.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

So? Doesn't mean people are excited for an unnecessary sequel.

There's no such thing as unnecessary sequel. By definition, why would a sequel be necessary. Why was TFA made? The story was done without it. Why was Avengers 2 made? You can't have a movie make 500m, let alone over 1.5b without hype behind it. 

• Like 2