Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

What is watchable and what is unwatchable is up to each individual and his/her taste. I think the Force Awakens is unwatchable but many disagree with me. BvS is one of my favorite movies and I've watched it 8 times in the cinema and another three times on DVD.

I think Suicide Squad is trash but it's still watchable because of some great casting. Many people think Smallville ( TV serious ) is unwatchable but I think it gave us the best version of Lex and the best version of Lois.

I can go on forever. But I think you get my point.

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

I disagree completely with both of those assessments, but that's just me. Opinions are opinions, after all.

Can't we all just forget about Snyder, Whedon and who ruins what, and celebrate how spoiled we are as comic book movie fans? Just...... just for one moment, everybody unite.

I can understand anyone disagreeing with first assessment but not second one. Which is the better superman movie than man of steel? Have you seen old superman movies recently? 'cos they have not aged well at all. Movies like thor the dark world, BvS, AoU are better than those.

That's why I like tim burton batman. It has not aged well too but it's still entertaining.

Nobody is dismissing personal opinions but BvS had a 1.99 multiplier while TFA had a near 3.8 with a record opening weekend. More people enjoyed TFA than enjoyed BvS. That is a stone cold fact.

You should be comparing BvS to Wonder Woman, not TFA.

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I can understand anyone disagreeing with first assessment but not second one. Which is the better superman movie than man of steel? Have you seen old superman movies recently? 'cos they have not aged well at all. Movies like thor the dark world, BvS, AoU are better than those.

That's why I like tim burton batman. It has not aged well too but it's still entertaining.

I have seen the 1st Superman recently, and it's still damn good as a movie. Sorry, but I like it more than MOS, which was never really a movie that was on my good terms to begin with. And Superman II is still solid too (especially the Donner cut).

I'm not surprised anyone would like any of those three better than the original Reeve Superman films (not III or IV), but me? Nah, not even remotely close. Especially Thor 2, which is the epitome of dull mediocrity.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I completely disagree with both of those assessments, but that's just me. Opinions are opinions, after all.

Can't we all just forget about Snyder, Whedon and who ruins what, and celebrate how spoiled we are as comic book movie fans? Just...... just for one moment, everybody unite.

I hate the Snyder VS Whedon thing. I am literary tired of it. The problem is that JL is my most anticipated comic book movie of all time. I grew up with these characters but unfortunately I can't go any where to just follow this and have fun. Each site has a huge amount of morons that will derail the whole thing. This site was one of the best actually ,but the thread still got locked. And when I go to the media it's all negative after negative articles. I don't even want to go near what happens every time I go to twitter , in this case I'm not talking fans or haters , I'm talking supposedly professional people who "complain" about fanboys/haters while acting like one  themselves. 

I guess I give up. There no where to go :sadben:

17 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Nobody is dismissing personal opinions but BvS had a 1.99 multiplier while TFA had a near 3.8 with a record opening weekend. More people enjoyed TFA than enjoyed BvS. That is a stone cold fact.

BvS earned 330M domestic and 870 something million WW , those numbers are also huge. What does that have to do with anything?

My point is what is watchable or unwatchable is a personal taste. No amount of high grosses or high reviews would make a person whose taste is elsewhere like that movie. No amount of bad reviews or low grosses will convince someone that the movie he/she loves is unwatchable.

That's all there is to it.

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Damn, I can not even think how you sit through those. Well different strokes. There are many who like Fant4stic. Actually those superman movies are as bad as fant4stic.

The fact that you categorized the 1st two Superman movies with Fant4stic is absolutely sacrilegious, my friend. That's not a different stroke - that's just plain wrong :ph34r: Christopher Reeve's performances alone were better than everything in that piece of shit combined.

5 minutes ago, Emerald kikyou said:

I hate the Snyder VS Whedon thing. I am literary tired of it. The problem is that JL is my most anticipated comic book movie of all time. I grew up with these characters but unfortunately I can't go any where to just follow this and have fun. Each site has a huge amount of morons that will derail the whole thing. This site was one of the best actually ,but the thread still got locked. And when I go to the media it's all negative after negative articles. I don't even want to go near what happens every time I go to twitter , in this case I'm not talking fans or haters , I'm talking supposedly professional people who "complain" about fanboys/haters while acting like one  themselves. 

I guess I give up. There no where to go :sadben:

I think the best advice is to simply try to ignore the morons. There's really no other way around it, because if you care about them, you'll be miserable just running around and bumping with them. And most importantly, never forget: if JLA is your most anticipated CB movie of all time, always take that to heart, no matter what other people say.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

You should be comparing BvS to Wonder Woman, not TFA.

That poster brought up the Force Awakens, not Wonder Woman. I do agree that Wonder Woman's box office and reception shows just how embarrassing BvS's box office and reception were. And it pretty much tells me that a good Batman and Superman movie would have hit 500 million domestically. Maybe even an okay an entertaining one could have done that as well.

I mean nobody is pretending like Jurassic World is the greatest movie of all time and it did 600 +mil. It was entertaining though, it had that going for it. Audiences are easy to please when it comes to this sort of stuff as Beauty and the Beast showed us this year. I don't even like Beauty and the Beast and I'd still watch it over Batman v Superman for the sheer fact that it's not dull as dishwater. 

I'm of the mindset that all Justice League has to do to get a semi pass is to be relatively coherent and entertaining. It doesn't have to be an ingenious masterpiece. And I hope that Joss-cheating-Whedon can help give me that at least.

• Like 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

The fact that you categorized the 1st two Superman movies with Fant4stic is absolutely sacrilegious, my friend. That's not a different stroke - that's just plain wrong :ph34r: Christopher Reeve's performances alone were better than everything in that piece of shit combined.

I think the best advice is to simply try to ignore the morons. There's really no other way around it, because if you care about them, you'll be miserable just running around and bumping with them. And most importantly, never forget: if JLA is your most anticipated CB movie of all time, always take that to heart, no matter what other people say.

Eh, I am not diminishing it's importance but can't see superman as a good movie in any condition. I think people put rose colored glass on their nose with a strong force. Also sheep effect with it being a classic. Nothing wrong with that ofcourse.

18 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Damn, I can not even think how you sit through those. Well different strokes. There are many who like Fant4stic. Actually those superman movies are as bad as fant4stic.

Most people in the industry would disagree with you, if that means anything (at least about Superman I and II).  Even Patty Jenkins most recently has gone out of her way to talk about the continuing influence of Donner's 1978 Superman while not even mentioning WB's current iteration of the character...and considering both of those films are currently part of the same "cinematic universe," that's a pretty blatant diss...

And WB is surely going to be listening more to Jenkins in the near future...perhaps more than the Snyders.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

Most people in the industry would disagree with you, if that means anything (at least about Superman I and II).  Even Patty Jenkins most recently has gone out of her way to talk about the continuing influence of Donner's 1978 Superman while not even mentioning WB's current iteration of the character...and considering both of those films are currently part of the same "cinematic universe," that's a pretty blatant diss...

And WB is surely going to be listening more to Jenkins in the near future...and perhaps more than the Snyders.

No body who is doing a cbm movie is gonna diss superman 'cos it is a very important movie. If somebody does it, fanboys would be in arms. It is as important as godfather and star wars. Jenkins is not going to mention superman in a meeting with wb so I don't know where that came from. Martin scorsese loves salo, so does it automatically makes it a good movie?

It doesn't tells anything about quality. 

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

When will the next Conan installment be attempted? Whose ready for a change of Franchise discussion in this thread for a page or two?

The legend of conan was announced in 2012 but it is dead now. Someone will throw a rock at it soon IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

No body who is doing a cbm movie is gonna diss superman 'cos it is a very important movie. If somebody does it, fanboys would be in arms. It is as important as godfather and star wars. Jenkins is not going to mention superman in a meeting with wb so I don't know where that came from. Martin scorsese loves salo, so does it automatically makes it a good movie?

It doesn't tells anything about quality. 

You seem very confused.  You just spent the whole last page arguing that the older Superman films were boring and worthless. 

Jenkins' quotes are easily searchable, she mentioned in numerous times in press for WW.  And why wouldn't she mention her inspirations in meetings with WB?  This is what filmmakers do.  If those inspirations don't jive with the studio, the filmmaker isn't hired (which is what happened to Jenkins on the Thor sequel).  Clearly, in this case, WB seemingly agreed with Jenkins' perspective. 

And if you don't trust Scorsese's opinions on film...then I don't know who you would trust. 

7 minutes ago, Macleod said:

You seem very confused.  You just spent the whole last page arguing that the older Superman films were boring and worthless. 

Jenkins' quotes are easily searchable, she mentioned in numerous times in press for WW.  And why wouldn't she mention her inspirations in meetings with WB?  This is what filmmakers do.  If those inspirations don't jive with the studio, the filmmaker isn't hired (which is what happened to Jenkins on the Thor sequel).  Clearly, in this case, WB seemingly agreed with Jenkins' perspective. 

And if you don't trust Scorsese's opinions on film...then I don't know who you would trust. 

Have you seen salo? Very few people think it as a good movie, even in industry. That's why I choosed that specific example. And I didn't find much similarities b/w WW and superman. For one WW actually had action and was entertaining. People say many things in interviews. Kinda like how kevin fiege said that kid from IM2 was spiderman. lol.

Didn't understand that confused statement so not gonna reply to that. Also tell me what you like about superman instead of other people's opinion. If people did that from ancient times, we would not have reach this stage.

Yeah I have to agree, however one feels about the old Superman films, Jenkins, Raimi and Nolan referencing them, particularly the first one shows that there is something special about it. That 78 film is a template that seems to work even in 2017 as WW great box office/word of mouth proves.

• Like 2