Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yeah, most of us thought Ozymandias at first.Still not up to date with everything Batman Rebirth but I will catch up soon.

5 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Yea all this control WB is giving Reeves is weird to say the least

If anything it should be Wan. His resume includes a $1.5b movie and launching/overseeing a billion dollar cinematic universe all by himself

They have.  They greenlighted a $150-200 mil. movie based on...Aquaman.  I would say that's giving Wan a pretty significant musty diamond (no pun intended) to play with and take a chance on...

And I would imagine that, even though Batman is WB's most consistent DC cash cow, that Reeves' Batman film will cost less than the last few of these.  (and I wouldn't be surprised if War's low performance has already curbed their enthusiasm a bit...things change every day in Hollywood.)

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Emerald kikyou said:
  Hide contents

Yeah, most of us thought Ozymandias at first.Still not up to date with everything Batman Rebirth but I will catch up soon.

Batman Rebirth is the fucking balls. Tom King and Scott Snyder are easily the two best monthly writers in comics today next to Dan Slott, the golden underrated gem that Marvel Comics is kicking out of Amazing Spider-Man, the ONE good comic they have and their best selling monthly title. Check out also Mister Miracle AND Vision by mister Tom King, seriously, just buy the trade for Vision and thank me later. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Macleod said:

They have.  They greenlighted a $150-200 mil. movie based on...Aquaman.  I would say that's giving Wan a pretty significant musty diamond (no pun intended) to play with and take a chance on...

And I would imagine that, even though Batman is WB's most consistent DC cash cow, that Reeves' Batman film will cost less than the last few of these.  (and I wouldn't be surprised if War's low performance has already curbed their enthusiasm a bit...things change every day in Hollywood.)

EXACTLY. The way I see it, who is trolling both Affleck, Snyder, Whedon, Justice League and the DCEU altogether at this point is in fact Matt Reeves and The Hangover guy and their agents. The DCEU is an easy target and they know it, they know how reckless the fanboys can be in social media and leaking this stuff previously to Justice League's release helps them in the sense that exacerbates a tension between DCEU fans and the media even after Wonder Woman. 

Honestly, WB couldn't possibly predict that Apes 3 would tank OR that Wonder Woman would blow up. The way I see it - and what I'm hoping - is that Justice League gets fixed to the point of being a fucking amazing balls to the wall superhero film. I think Whedon has it on him and action was never a problem for Snyder - except BvS's climax. All these leaks every week isn't something that THR/Variety are doing because they are ~evil~, but it's clear that whoever is leaking this stuff couldn't care less about Justice League's fate and reception. 

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

Batman Rebirth is the fucking balls. Tom King and Scott Snyder are easily the two best monthly writers in comics today next to Dan Slott, the golden underrated gem that Marvel Comics is kicking out of Amazing Spider-Man, the ONE good comic they have and their best selling monthly title. Check out also Mister Miracle AND Vision by mister Tom King, seriously, just buy the trade for Vision and thank me later. 

Will do thanks :)

On 8/23/2017 at 3:30 PM, AndyK said:

There is no director vision in Marvel movies, they are all created back at central office every scene is storyboaded down to the minutest detail, directors are interchangable, doesn't matter who it is.

This is not a wholly true statement.

What is true is that Marvel has a concise planned structure for how the movies interconnect in places with their plot points.

You can see director influence from the Russos', to Branagh with Thor 1 vs Thor 2, Joe Johnston on CA:TFA, Peyton Reed w/Ant-Man and of course Whedon on Avengers. The difference is that Feige and "central office" retains veto powers on suggestions that don't synch up with the master plan for which an individual director may not have the full picture of.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

Just what I've been thinking.

A lower budget might not be the worst thing in the world though.   It helps a movie make money and might just be more about putting writing onscreen than special effects.

Ironically for me...I usually get tired-head from the "dark is better" claims.   But I also wouldn't want the success of the more upbeat WW and meh performance of the dark Apes 3 to draw Batman in a more WW direction.    Batman should be dark and grim.   The mistake was always about making Superman dark too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

You can see director influence from the Russos',

People that have watched You me and the dupree and Welcome to Collinwood, when they watch Winter Soldier or Civil War would say to themselve that the same director isn't it, I see their auteurship if their names would not have been on the credits ?

Not a rethorical question since I have never seen Welcome to Collinwood and do not remember much of you me and the dupree, what would be the influence that you see from them in those marvel movies ?

51 minutes ago, Barnack said:

People that have watched You me and the dupree and Welcome to Collinwood, when they watch Winter Soldier or Civil War would say to themselve that the same director isn't it, I see their auteurship if their names would not have been on the credits ?

Not a rethorical question since I have never seen Welcome to Collinwood and do not remember much of you me and the dupree, what would be the influence that you see from them in those marvel movies ?

From those films I couldn't tell you 'cause I never saw them. With that said, you can see some of their style on Community. They explain a little about this on this interview:

You have to take in consideration that these guys are reportedly also HARDCORE Marvel and DC fans. So we have to thanks Kevin Feige for taking notice on them. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

I was looking for this interview to link it to @Barnack and then I kinda stumbled on this one:

It's an one hour interview with the Russo Brothers done by Frosty for Collider. I love watching this stuff and I didn't know about this one, so if anyone hasn't seen it yet too, here it goes. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

With that said, you can see some of their style on Community

The episodes they directed were quite above average on that show and they had an obvious talent (Sony installed them on their lot, paid them a fortune with employees just to think about movies), but TV director on an established show just have a small imprint on their episode that could have never guess it was them doing those marvel movie if I was not told.

I can see the genre staring different already establish character of Community/Southpark/etc... that is talking about, would still not have been able to point their influence if no one would point it out to me (and I watched all communities episode at least 2 times)

21 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I was looking for this interview to link it to @Barnack and then I kinda stumbled on this one:

It's an one hour interview with the Russo Brothers done by Frosty for Collider. I love watching this stuff and I didn't know about this one, so if anyone hasn't seen it yet too, here it goes. 

Pretty interesting about Chadwick Boseman being a method actor, inventing his own accent, and staying in character at all times.   No wonder he was so awesome in the role.

I still need to finish watching this interview, but I've been sucked into playing Batman The Telltale Series and I'm just not able to stop. I'm on the beginning of the third chapter right now, with my car still needing to go to repair tomorrow I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the office so I think that I'll just finish this thing off because I have way too much games that I never finished stacked here. It has all the flaws of a Tellltale game, but goddamn it does have a very interesting story. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

4 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I still need to finish watching this interview, but I've been sucked into playing Batman The Telltale Series and I'm just not able to stop. I'm on the beginning of the third chapter right now, with my car still needing to go to repair tomorrow I'm not sure if I'll be able to go to the office so I think that I'll just finish this thing off because I have way too much games that I never finished stacked here. It has all the flaws of a Tellltale game, but goddamn it does have a very interesting story

Really? I kept away from it cause I've played every Arkham Batman game and I thought Telltale wouldn't be able to give me much not even story-wise. I played their "Walking Dead " series for three seasons and I was angry that there is still no ending to the story of Clementine. Played the Game Of Thrones one too but I don't think I will play another season since I didn't like what they did with the story in the last two episodes.

Do you know If the Batman one is going to be a complete story in one season or will it go for years like The Walking Dead one?

Edited by Emerald kikyou

7 hours ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Really? I kept away from it cause I've played every Arkham Batman game and I thought Telltale wouldn't be able to give me much not even story-wise. I played their "Walking Dead " series for three seasons and I was angry that there is still no ending to the story of Clementine. Played the Game Of Thrones one too but I don't think I will play another season since I didn't like what they did with the story in the last two episodes.

Do you know If the Batman one is going to be a complete story in one season or will it go for years like The Walking Dead one?

Probably a complete story. Season One had a self contained story.

• Thanks 1

The Inhumans looks like it's indeed shit. More reason for Disney just to cut Jeph Loeb's and Ike Perlmutter's wings when it comes anything Marvel. I love what they are doing with the Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD is dumb fun, but at this point not even I recognize it as part of the MCU anymore.

On 04/09/2017 at 6:39 AM, Emerald kikyou said:

Finished the game yesterday and I'd honestly be pumped AS HELL to see a storyline like that adapted to comics. I really really love the twist and I see more potential on that then the actual Flashpoint stories in the comics revolving around Thomas and Martha Wayne. You have to understand that it'll never live up to something like the Arkham games, but as far as a great Batman story goes, it's great. It's a Telltale game, through and through, but as far as I'm concerned way better than TWD games. 

51 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

The Inhumans looks like it's indeed shit. More reason for Disney just to cut Jeph Loeb's and Ike Perlmutter's wings when it comes anything Marvel. I love what they are doing with the Netflix shows and Agents of SHIELD is dumb fun, but at this point not even I recognize it as part of the MCU anymore.

Yeah, that's more proof there is a huge difference between the Marvel that Kevin Feige runs and the other stuff with Perlmutter involved.