Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

28 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I totally get that, but...I am just being selfish. I want a New Teen Titans movie. I want it to have a budget that makes it capable of doing justice to the powersets of the characters and the scope of the stories. Maybe the TV show will be amazing, but damn...I really wanted to see Raven, Starfire, Beast Boy, Robin, and Wondergirl on the big screen in a big-budget vehicle.

I wanted to see Terra even...I wanted to dream that maybe a sequel could actually tackle The Judas Contract.

:( 

There are plenty of DC properties that could fit a streaming-TV show budgetary constraints better.

Not selfish. The Titans deserve better. Just like the X-Men deserve better. I can bet you an ice cream that Titans will be better than what we will get from the Singer-Men next year tho. We need people like Johns in charge of WB stuff. It's a shame that he couldn't make it to the big screen. Anyone that has followed the guy long enough knows how much of a Titans hardcore geek he is. BTW, his run was the last time I've SERIOUSLY bought Titans. I've bought some of Abnett's initial issues but stopped because my pull list was getting way too big. Johns loves the Titans. I'm sure he'll make them shine. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

Why is The New Teen Titans (Marv Wolfman and George Perez) NOT a theatrical film?

It's only one of the most beloved comic book runs of all time...

It has two characters that could benefit from their [potential] connections to previous/recent successful film franchises (Robin and Wonder Girl) and it has tons of fans that encompass all ages (fans of the original comic and fans of the CN cartoon)...

91CmxbwkhwL.jpg

Because WB rather make 30 Joker/Harley spinoffs

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

46 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not selfish. The Titans deserve better. Just like the X-Men deserve better. I can bet you an ice cream that Titans will be better than what we will get from the Singer-Men next year tho. We need people like Johns in charge of WB stuff. It's a shame that he couldn't make it to the big screen. Anyone that has followed the guy long enough knows how much of a Titans hardcore geek he is. BTW, his run was the last time I've SERIOUSLY bought Titans. I've bought some of Abnett's initial issues but stopped because my pull list was getting way too big. Johns loves the Titans. I'm sure he'll make them shine. 

I really cannot believe that Teen Titans was not one of the FIRST comic book properties that WB gave a movie to and designed a healthy film presence for.

It just makes so much sense...I mean, it's fricking Justice League of Teens...JL Jr...it's money in the bank.

If it had been up to me, the plan would've been Man of Steel,  Wonder Woman, The Batman, Justice League, Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman 2, Man of Steel 2, The Batman, 2 Justice League 2, , Aquaman 2, The Flash 2, Justice League 3, The Teen Titans 

46 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

People don't seem to truly understand what is going with this "new imprint" and how everything that is announced is literally linked to Batman somehow. Leave your fanboy bias glasses off for a second and think:

This is their plan B. And by "their" I mean "part" of WB. These leaks that are happening WAY TOO FAR often for us to just call it a coincidence. What I mean by that? Roll back to the beginning of the year. Let's imagine that the reports are true on JL being a mess back then, let's remember that WB couldn't possibly know how good Wonder Woman would shape up, let alone how much it'd blow up.

For a good while, Affleck is directing Batman, and seemingly genuineously excited with the prospect. Then he was not sure, then he was saying that no money in the world would be worth him turning out a mediocre Batman film, then he leaves, then Reeves is rumored, then the negotiations happen and suddenly broke off, with trades saying that a deal could yet be reached when cooler heads prevail. The context that I get from Reeves interview for Kim Masters podcast is that what he wanted besides a paycheck was creative control. Not simply creative control, but the kind of creative control that Nolan had, in other words, to start off from scratch. WB resisted, negotiations broke off then finally gave in and struck a deal, and all of this was happening back in February. 

Do you know who I think is sabotaging the DCEU? Do you think it's the "fake news" media? Do you think it's Marvel? No. I actually think that whoever is making this PR disaster to WB regarding the DC films - and it is a confusing and messy disaster, maybe not as much to the GA, but for the specialized media - is someone from within WB itself. Look, WB is a movie studio. They aren't here to please us. So back in February what they had was a divisive Superman film and two roasted Batman/Superman and Suicide Squad films. Yeah, yeah they made money. Great. But what I see is that WB is surrounded by execs that seem to sabotage each other's projects so they get greenlighted. I don't think WB was prepared for Wonder Woman to be as good as it was and profit as much as it did. Whatever we are seeing now - Reeves Batman, this Russel Joker origin film, etc. were being planned for a long time. Why to leak now? Why before Justice League? Well, my guess is that some studio execs really want to secure their projects, and taking down the DCEU - at least as it its - is part of that. 

And why this kinda gives me confidence in Justice League? Because some people involved with these projects seem obstinate on trying to create buzz for them and how they are not connected to the DCEU. They are not saying it, but they are implying that the DCEU is a sinking ship, and they know it. Hence why the reports  just keep dropping. Some trade reporters like Sneider seem to be aware that something seems fishy. This whole THR report seems fishy. Not because that it's not legit, but that it seems to try benefit a party (those involved with these projects) at cost of others (creating a PR nightmare just before Justice League is out). Whatever is in motion now with this "new DC imprint" started rolling around months go, maybe even last year. So my hopes are that Justice League kicks so much ass that whatever this "new imprint" is dies with it or get reworked into the DCEU, maybe after a soft reboot with Flashpoint. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

23 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I really cannot believe that Teen Titans was not one of the FIRST comic book properties that WB gave a movie to and designed a healthy film presence for.

It just makes so much sense...I mean, it's fricking Justice League of Teens...JL Jr...it's money in the bank.

If it had been up to me, the plan would've been Man of Steel,  Wonder Woman, The Batman, Justice League, Aquaman, The Flash, Wonder Woman 2, Man of Steel 2, The Batman, 2 Justice League 2, , Aquaman 2, The Flash 2, Justice League 3, The Teen Titans 

WB is a studio run by morons. Think for a second. Not only Justice League of Teens... THEY HAVE THE FREAKING TEEN GROUP THAT IS ACTUALLY POPULAR AMONG KIDS AND WAS ONCE ALMOST AS POPULAR AS THE FREAKING X-MEN. Do you really think Marvel Studios would let something like the freaking X-Men go to a tv show instead of getting to shine in a big blockbuster? Of course not, because Marvel Studios is obviously not run by freaking Disney execs but Marvel Studios nerds. That's what pisses me off. And just read what I've posted above. Anyone not noticing that someone is leaking this stuff about the "non-DCEU projects" and how the ones doing it seem to not mind with the future of the DCEU, it's just not paying attention. The leaks are coming from within the parties involved, so let's hope that what they are scared off after Wonder Woman is that Justice League actually turns out amazing and people embrace it as much as they did with Wonder Woman. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Trust me I get exactly whats going on. This "back up plan" you speak of is a Batman cinematic universe

Which is why I hope to god Justice League succeeds cuz lord knows I got a severe case of Bat fatigue

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Trust me I get exactly whats going on. This "back up plan" you speak of is a Batman cinematic universe

Which is why I hope to god Justice League succeeds cuz lord knows I got a severe case of Bat fatigue

More like back to the Nolan days but on steroids. Concurring projects not related to each other used to give an impulse to the career of some (The Hangover guy) just like it happened in the past with Halle Berry and Catwoman. Does anyone even remember how great a Catwoman "solo" story was without Batman? And with all due respect to Reeves, but regardless how great he is, even if he is the next Nolan, he needs to understand the importance of a shared universe for both the studio and these characters. I've seen two great takes of "auteur" directors on Batman in my lifetime. I'm having a blast with what Marvel Studios is doing with their characters and the DCEU is finally going on the right track with Wonder Woman and hopefully Justice League. I don't care how great his take is if he can't give up A LITTLE BIT of creative control to have his Batman set in the DC's shared universe. 

1 hour ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Just like you have mentioned before: Wonder Woman just became one of the most beloved, leggiest superhero films of all time, and WB's response was: "More Batman-related films!!! Yay!" :D 

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Just like you have mentioned before: Wonder Woman just became one of the most beloved, leggiest superhero films of all time, and WB's response was: "More Batman-related films!!! Yay!" :D 

:sadben:

Or at least part of WB. Save us, Joss Whedon, Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

If they really want to make a film about a superhero who mimics the powers/abilities of any animal, I want this one first:

5466940-jla.vixen-.01.cover--600x910.jpe

I love Vixen, but I'd really like my Buddy Baker fix too. Let's have them both. If I see another Batman related project without Batman I'm going to freaking puke. And I love Batman. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

2 hours ago, Cochofles said:

Batman-related films makes money. It is the most rational response from a studio. You go where the money goes. 

tsujihara-covernu.jpg?w=670

13 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Batman-related films makes money. It is the most rational response from a studio. You go where the money goes. 

tsujihara-covernu.jpg?w=670

What's your beef with Kevin Tsujihara?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

More like back to the Nolan days but on steroids. Concurring projects not related to each other used to give an impulse to the career of some (The Hangover guy) just like it happened in the past with Halle Berry and Catwoman. Does anyone even remember how great a Catwoman "solo" story was without Batman? And with all due respect to Reeves, but regardless how great he is, even if he is the next Nolan, he needs to understand the importance of a shared universe for both the studio and these characters. I've seen two great takes of "auteur" directors on Batman in my lifetime. I'm having a blast with what Marvel Studios is doing with their characters and the DCEU is finally going on the right track with Wonder Woman and hopefully Justice League. I don't care how great his take is if he can't give up A LITTLE BIT of creative control to have his Batman set in the DC's shared universe. 

Yea all this control WB is giving Reeves is weird to say the least

If anything it should be Wan. His resume includes a $1.5b movie and launching/overseeing a billion dollar cinematic universe all by himself

Edited by DlAMONDZ

2 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

Spoilers for Action Comics #989 are out and I'm not sure how I feel it. Either way, I trust Dan Jurgens and he hasn't done nothing but home runs since he came back to write Superman. Let's see where it goes. 

Spoiler

You're worried about OZ = Jor-El  that has been teased for a couple of issues now?

1 minute ago, Emerald kikyou said:

Hide contents

You're worried about OZ = Jor-El  that has been teased for a couple of issues now?

Spoiler

Pretty much confirmed by the variant cover. Not worried, just sort of taken aback. I was going for the obvious hints that he was Ozymandias, but I love what both Jurgens and Johns are doing with DC right now. And let's not even start with Snyder and King, they are freaking legends.