Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

And ? Not sure how would that matter, can you explain the precision you are making.

Take January of this year, Live by Night/The Funder/Gold were know to be weak relatively close to their respective release and not 6 month in advance, Monster Truck was know to be weak months in advance. Does the amount of time it took to be known they were under-performer change anything on the impact they had on the late December release/January release ?

If you are saying that studios didn't know when they scheduled them they will end up bad movies nor people when they predicted box office, well sure but that is not what EmpireCity is talking about.

Correct and not sure what the hell he is talking about.  It doesn't matter if at one point in time people thought late May and June would be strong, all that matters is what happened.  

Same thing could happen in November and early December for Justice League, but given the releases are either strong domestic or original Disney properties, movies loaded with Oscar potential and sheer number of studio pressure, the chance is a lot less that all of November and December goes to crap and allows Justice League to keep the number of screens it needs to run to the levels we are talking about.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

Just noticed, a Wonder woman comic sold for just under a million dollars.

http://screenrant.com/wonder-woman-comic-sales-all-time/

There are some crazy people around.

And yet 3 million kids die from starving every year. How more ashamed of our world can I be??

Edited by FantasticBeasts

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

It was weak after the fact. Leading into the summer, WW was stuck in the middle of a ton of films. Most of which people thought would probably not be that great, but would do decent numbers. More than enough to dent Wonder Woman and keep it from $300+ mil.

Low and behold, after summer started, and WW was released and into it's run it was clear that wasn't the case. Please don't put stupid shit into my mouth.

01-e-thug.jpg

28 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

And yet 3 million kids die from starving every year. How more ashamed of our world can I be??

Not necessarily relevant in this case (the person that received the 1 million dollar can do as well for those kids than the person that had it before hands) this is a pure exchange of money, nothing was spent yet.

"Judge" when it is actually spent on humans worked hours/resource are spent by the incentive the money created, like when humans make a big movie and thousand of peoples are working on this for months instead of helping those kids or a rich make people fabricate a nice boat and extract fuel to make it work and so on.

2 rich exchanging money/painting in a afternoon no one worked a long time for them, no resources was spent on it, nothing at all was actually spent, no "harm" can possibly have been done, there is no opportunity cost.

7 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

WB definitely screwed up with MoS and BvS, those movies could have made so much more money.

Would/Could/Should of..come on ... we don't know that ...it's over, bury it. :WHATanabe:

@Cochofles:

12 hours ago, Cochofles said:

LOL

I can understand them not wanting to make WW the one who saves the day in BvS, but they truly should have written that scene differently if they didn't want to hear this complaint.

The way the scene plays out, you would think that the smart thing to do is make Diana use the fucking spear instead of Supes. :D 

Truly surprised and pleased to read you saying that, I couldn't agree more. Now that would be a very interesting twist on the Death of Superman storyline. If they wanted to make a point about Superman's sacrifice, they could've made Diana throwing the spear, Batman somehow separating Doomsday from the spear and having Superman going toe to toe with Doomsday to death, it'd be at same time a different riff on that storyline and at same time honoring it. That scene could have been handled so many ways that it would make it epic that it makes me sad that what you got was so... cringeworthy. 

Edited by iJackSparrow
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Hasbro Files Lawsuit Against DC Comics Over ‘Bumblebee’ Trademark

http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/bumblebee-trademark-transformers-dc-comics-warner-bros-1202541577/

Time to say goodbye to Bumblebee in DC Super Hero Girls.

They'll introduce a new black girl now to replace her. lmao

Time for SHG to fully utilize Vixen.

22 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Correct and not sure what the hell he is talking about.  It doesn't matter if at one point in time people thought late May and June would be strong, all that matters is what happened.  

Same thing could happen in November and early December for Justice League, but given the releases are either strong domestic or original Disney properties, movies loaded with Oscar potential and sheer number of studio pressure, the chance is a lot less that all of November and December goes to crap and allows Justice League to keep the number of screens it needs to run to the levels we are talking about.  

That's literally what I'm talking about. My first reply to you even mentioned hindsight. I'm talking strictly predictions. Y'all are acting like I'm saying it had competition. No, it clearly didn't. But leading up to the film, very few people thought it was in a good spot as far as competition.

Y'all need to read.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

No reviews for Inhumans? 

Hfm8slF.gif

Actually, there are some impressions out there. Oddly some positive impressions on twitter. Then there's this: 

If not Mark Hughes liked your superhero adaptation, trust me, it sucks. Might not be a complete trainwreck, but that doesn't mean it's good either. 

1 hour ago, iJackSparrow said:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/comics/marvel_comics/spoilers-secret-empire-10-explains-captain-americas-return-but-has-huge-ramifications-for-the-future-a153550

OH MY FUCKING GOD MARVEL COMICS,  JUST FUCKING STOP SUCKING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN THIS 

I am not even sure of WTF is going on with Marvel [Comics].

Last thing I remember there was some sort of alternate-reality company-wide crossover that reset all comics (?)...or am I misremembering???

I think the same thing is going on with DC (or maybe I have not been paying attention).