Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

List made by lame James Cameron loonies. Not that it changes anything but C'mon, you cant even play fair when you're already in first place, Are you the Patriots?

You use the re release numbers for Titanic yet don't include them for films like Jurassic Park or Star Wars? 

I made it some time ago and forgot I did that, makes me laugh honestly.

Did you know that T2 was the highest grossing film of all time for just overseas?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Did you know that T2 was the highest grossing film of all time for just overseas?

Why are you lying!???

Jurassic Park did 265m more 2 years later. Which adjusted tops it. The Original star wars adjusts to more, ET, plenty of movies actually.

Edited by Jay Hollywood

12 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

List made by lame James Cameron loonies. Not that it changes anything but C'mon, you cant even play fair when you're already in first place, Are you the Patriots?

You use the re release numbers for Titanic yet don't include them for films like Jurassic Park or Star Wars? 

If he only used original release, Titanic ($1.84B) would be under The Force Awakens, and he can't have that :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Why are you lying!???

Jurassic Park did 265m more 2 years later. Which adjusted tops it. The Original star wars adjusts to more, ET, plenty of movies actually.

I'm not lying. Why are you adjusting things?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not lying. Why are you adjusting things?

Sorry, my bad. I thought you meant like most attended movie OS until Titanic.  

But yeah wasn't T2 Like the 4th Highest grossing movie of all time WW back in the day not including re releases? Im not hating on Cameron or T2. How could you. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

But yeah wasn't T2 Like the 4th Highest grossing movie of all time WW back in the day not including re releases? Im not hating on Cameron or T2. How could you. 

Yeah I think so, behind e.t, empire and a new hope

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 8:27 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your writing ability it seems. 

On 1/22/2018 at 10:31 PM, rukaio101 said:

Call it amateur psychology, but I don't think a secure person feels the need to bring up James Cameron or his movies at every fucking opportunity.

We're on a box office theory forum. That's like complaining about someone bringing up Jesus Christ on the Christian Theology Forum. 

What makes me laugh is how defensive, and seemingly emotional, you and your ilk become when you're reminded that Jim created, the highest grossing film of all time... twice... in a row... 

If you had any serious interest in the actual theory behind what makes a box office success you'd be studying the life and times of James Cameron with a fine tooth comb. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your writing ability it seems. 

jesus james, leave the lad alone

15 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

We're on a box office theory forum. That's like complaining about someone bringing up Jesus Christ on the Christian Theology Forum. 

What makes me laugh is how defensive, and seemingly emotional, you and your ilk become when you're reminded that Jim created, the highest grossing film of all time... twice... in a row... 

If you had any serious interest in the actual theory behind what makes a box office success you'd be studying the life and times of James Cameron with a fine tooth comb. 

now that's more like it, couldn't agree more.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Okay, 1) That post is two weeks old. Way to be late to that party.

2) Screaming at random intervals that 'Avatar and Titanic made a lot of money and ergo they must be better than these other franchises' is not really analysing 'box office theory'.

3) I like Avatar and Titanic just fine. I don't really mind that they're the highest grossing films of all time. Doesn't stop it from being annoying when certain fanboys insert themselves into every discussion on this thread so they can whinge about other non-James Cameron related franchises getting attention.

4) Literally nobody else brings this shit up. Seriously, like 99% of Avatar/Titanic/James Cameron discussion on this thread came because you or IronJimbo brought it up out of nowhere. If the two of you were making genuinely insightful points on the movies, then that'd be one thing, but your comments never add anything to the discussion and is never really anything more than 'Hey, did you know Avatar/Titanic made a lot of money?' or whinging about the aforementioned other franchises getting attention. Hence you both come off as amazingly insecure.

5) Nobody else brings this shit up because there's not really a good reason to bring this shit up most of the time. Stuff like Marvel/DC/Star Wars get a lot of discussion because they release new films almost every year, thus there's a lot to talk about. James Cameron hasn't released a new film in nearly 10 years and probably isn't going to do so for at least a couple more. Hence he doesn't get brought up much because there's not really much new to talk about. Same reason we don't talk about Jaws's box office much on this forums or why Harry Potter discussion has died down over the last few years. 

6) Responding to 'James Cameron fanboys are weirdly insecure' with 'I'm not insecure! You're just defensive and emotional and by the way did you know James Cameron made the highest grossing movie twice so you should be treating him like a God!' doesn't exactly help your case here.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

Inane ramblings. 

1. Superfluous to the discussion. Next. 

2. I see no 'screaming' and it most certainly isn't at 'random intervals'. Next. 

3. You admit that you become annoyed when people remind you of certain facts? I'm glad you agree with my initial conjecture. 

4-5. This same self-defeating argument, again and again, do schools really not teach anyone basic critical thinking any more? Your entire argument here lay in the old adage 'no one goes to that club anymore because it's always full'. You're going to have to learn to make sense before I can engage whatever it is you're trying to say in these points. 

6. I made the point that if one wishes to understand the box office, and the associated success therein, one must also understand the work and method of James Cameron. No where did I say he should be worshiped, there you are again running off with the appeal to emotion. The only reason I could see for a person to: a)be posting about box office theory and b)disregard JC was if they wanted to understand how one made a box office failure (or didn't aim to be #1 and why anyone would set out on an endeavor to not be the best is an entirely different topic of discussion). 

Pleased to know that you do agree with me on point 3 though, would love to have an insight as to why there is so much emotion associated with the brute fact of Jim Cameron's near total dominance of the box office for the past two decades, it's something I still can't wrap my head around. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

2. I see no 'screaming' and it most certainly isn't at 'random intervals'. Next. 

3. You admit that you become annoyed when people remind you of certain facts? I'm glad you agree with my initial conjecture. 

4-5. This same self-defeating argument, again and again, do schools really not teach anyone basic critical thinking any more? Your entire argument here lay in the old adage 'no one goes to that club anymore because it's always full'. You're going to have to learn to make sense before I can engage whatever it is you're trying to say in these points. 

6. I made the point that if one wishes to understand the box office, and the associated success therein, one must also understand the work and method of James Cameron. No where did I say he should be worshiped, there you are again running off with the appeal to emotion. The only reason I could see for a person to: a)be posting about box office theory and b)disregard JC was if they wanted to understand how one made a box office failure (or didn't aim to be #1 and why anyone would set out on an endeavor to not be the best is an entirely different topic of discussion). 

Pleased to know that you do agree with me on point 3 though, would love to have an insight as to why there is so much emotion associated with the brute fact of Jim Cameron's near total dominance of the box office for the past two decades, it's something I still can't wrap my head around. 

The emotion comes from annoying asses like you constantly shoving down our throats that fact. We get it, okay, Cameron is a great director and he has the two biggest films of all time. Do we really need to be reminded of that ALL THE GODDAMN TIME? Even Marvel/DC/Star Wars fans don't brag their franchises the way you Cameron fanboys do. And even if they did, at least they have the excuse that they have a movie coming out every year; whereas Cameron fanboys should surge back to the conversation when Avatar 2 isn't delayed for once.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Hah. That's just cute. But do you have any actual arguments here or...?

58 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Also, still not exactly helping your case here in regards to the whole 'James Cameron fanboys on this forum are super insecure' thing. 

Edited by rukaio101

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The emotion comes from annoying asses like you constantly shoving down our throats that fact. We get it, okay, Cameron is a great director and he has the two biggest films of all time. Do we really need to be reminded of that ALL THE GODDAMN TIME? Even Marvel/DC/Star Wars fans don't brag their franchises the way you Cameron fanboys do.

And what exactly would you even have to brag about? 

"We're number 3 woo!" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Highest grossing film of all time." does it? 

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

And what exactly would you even have to brag about? 

"We're number 3 woo!" doesn't quite have the same ring to it as "Highest grossing film of all time." does it? 

And yet still, I hear people talk about #3, and nobody cares about #1. That's the key difference, right there.

• Thanks 1