Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

It is obvious to me that Star Wars is boring now, no one really cares for it as much as Marvel. 

Disney should let Marvel take over Star Wars as they know what the people want far better than who ever is in charge right now. 

As for Avatar is is quite obvious that Iinfinity War will finally beat Avatar I think we will see 3 billion soon 

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

It is obvious to me that Star Wars is boring now, no one really cares for it as much as Marvel. 

Disney should let Marvel take over Star Wars as they know what the people want far better than who ever is in charge right now. 

As for Avatar is is quite obvious that Iinfinity War will finally beat Avatar I think we will see 3 billion soon 

The state of Nu-Wars has made me think this is well deserved.

We need to "let the past die".

1525079455808.jpg

It's obvious at this point that SW is falling while the MCU is rising as the cultural artefact of the times. I'm not happy about it, but it's the truth.

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

@JamesCameronScholar

To me they're both film studio business plan film-making, it's a shame because Star Wars had heart under Locust.

It's totally painting by the numbers movie making without a doubt. I hope that we'll see more of the visual imagination that Lucas put into the movies return in some form or another in the future. I doubt that it will come in the form of Star Wars though, sadly.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

:ph34r: That's some hot takes right there. Careful not to burn yourself.

2 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

It's totally painting by the numbers movie making without a doubt. I hope that we'll see more of the visual imagination that Lucas put into the movies return in some form or another in the future. I doubt that it will come in the form of Star Wars though, sadly.

They need someone creative with a vision and some talent at the helm if they want to excel, JJ isn't that man.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

They need someone creative with a vision and some talent at the helm

See I can't imagine anyone with any serious artistic integrity wanting one of these jobs now.

Didin't Fincher turn down directing EP 7 for reasons similar to though outlined above?

• Like 1

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

See I can't imagine anyone with any serious artistic integrity wanting one of these jobs now.

Didin't Fincher turn down directing EP 7 for reasons similar to though outlined above?

They almost got Fincher? He would have directed a great movie but the script will have still been what it was.

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Can't wait to see the foreign actuals for the weekend to start making a map of countries IW has passed Avatar, so far I think it's ahead in Thailand and The Philippines. Not sure what else.

you do realise Avatar is a film known for it's legs right? Come back when it's made it's totals in those countries then we got something. Good luck trying to touch Europe they have good taste (not the UK tho)

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Can't wait to see the foreign actuals for the weekend to start making a map of countries IW has passed Avatar, so far I think it's ahead in Thailand and The Philippines. Not sure what else.

Some places will be tough for Avengers to outgross Avatar like the UK for example as that did £94m and that's mostly due to Solo and Deadpool 2 which will take most of the PLFs.

35 minutes ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

Would also be interesting to see Infinity War v. The Force Awakens.

33 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Some places will be tough for Avengers to outgross Avatar like the UK for example as that did £94m and that's mostly due to Solo and Deadpool 2 which will take most of the PLFs.

france and germany are impossible for it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KP1025 said:

IW will fall short of Avatar/TFA in basically all the developed markets in Europe. Won't come close in Japan either, but that's expected when the average CBM makes only $10 million.

superhero movies are kind of pathetic compared to anime I have to say