Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 hours ago, DMan7 said:

Jones probably is directing a DC movie next given his spotty recent track record.

why anyone would want to be part of the failed Snyderverse at this point is beyond me

Wonder Women doesn't really count because its a standalone and more Marvel-esque

• ...wtf 1

On 7/10/2018 at 1:20 PM, dudalb said:

And Disney moves up Mary Poppins Returns to Dec 19th.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at the Warners/DC Studios meeting on this, which is no doubt taking place this morning....

Does anybody care about Mary Poppins? I'm sure the majority of young people don't.

On 7/9/2018 at 3:15 PM, LaughingEvans said:

Also, if DC wants to succeed they need to stop focusing on the big 3 that much. 

They have Booster Gold & Blue Beetle. They have goddamn Plastic Man. The Question. Swamp Thing. A dozen great characters they have forgotten about. 

For me, DC's huge mistake will always be killing the legion of superheroes. 

I'd love a Blue Beetle & Booster Gold movie where it's Michael and Ted training Jaime to control his newfound powers. That dynamic was gold in the Injustice 2 comics. Plus Hollywood could use some Latino superheroes...

Actually if im being honest, I think DC has a much more interesting B/C list of character's than A list ones.

Edited by El Gato

2 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

why anyone would want to be part of the failed Snyderverse at this point is beyond me

Wonder Women doesn't really count because its a standalone and more Marvel-esque

LOL

Another moron calling WW a "Marvel-esque" film.

As if the MCU invented straightforward storytelling, solid directing, and fun cinematic narratives.

Oh, Marvel, what would modern moviegoers do without you?

Everything about good cinema came from the womb of Kevin Feige.

:hahaha:

• Thanks 1

Wonder Woman captivated audiences because of the romance, the sincere and innocent character that Diana was, and because it was not afraid to embrace the emotions. None of this is part of the MCU formula. It's very reductive to compare it to Marvel just because it was lighter than the Snyder movies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Wonder Woman captivated audiences because of the romance, the sincere and innocent character that Diana was, and because it was not afraid to embrace the emotions. None of this is part of the MCU formula. It's very reductive to compare it to Marvel just because it was lighter than the Snyder movies.

Not to mention that, except for a couple of supporting players in BP, the MCU still has not done justice to any of their awesome female characters. The jury's still out on Capt. Marvel (I hope it is a huge hit). 

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Wonder Woman Captain America captivated audiences because of the romance, the sincere and innocent character that Diana Steve was, and because it was not afraid to embrace the emotions. None of this is part of the MCU formula. It's very reductive to compare it to Marvel just because it was lighter than the Snyder movies.

Captain America The First Avenger and Wonder Woman share so many parallels that you'd have to be intellectually disingenuous to deny that. 

I wholly enjoyed both movies despite one being Marvel and one being DC. I'm not hung up on "picking a side" like so many here about CBM. The fact is the MCU has a better track record that doesn't mean saying that makes one anti-DCU. 

Very curious to see what Wonder Woman 2('84) will look like. The early spy photos are encouraging. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, El Gato said:

Does anybody care about Mary Poppins? I'm sure the majority of young people don't.

Yeah, all young people care about is CBM's....

Edited by dudalb

11 hours ago, StevenG said:

LOL

Another moron calling WW a "Marvel-esque" film.

As if the MCU invented straightforward storytelling, solid directing, and fun cinematic narratives.

Oh, Marvel, what would modern moviegoers do without you?

Everything about good cinema came from the womb of Kevin Feige.

:hahaha:

MCU didn't invent them, but they deliver them for most of their films.

Unlike the DCU.......

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

What Superhero movie should I make the benchmark for my Alita thread.

$600m+ worldwide

Well, there is a pretty infamous recent CBM in the mid 600s...     

might not be the best comparison to draw though. Probably Ant-Man and the Wasp will settle in the right range.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Well, there is a pretty infamous recent CBM in the mid 600s...     

might not be the best comparison to draw though. Probably Ant-Man and the Wasp will settle in the right range.

It's a good option but I'm worried if Ant-man does well in China no one will join my club!