Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, aabattery said:

Probably the best reply in there. Was gonna say something similar but this dude is better at putting it into words than me.

TDK also impacted the Best Picture category to such a degree that it went from 5 nominees to 7-10 nominees. 

I ve said it here many many times, TDK has been the DCEU's biggest problem.

Warner suits and DCEU creative team wrongfully believed that GA were into this faux  dark grim bullshit while beeing completely oblivious to the fact that The Joker is one of the funniest & entertaining character in the history of pop culture, no matter how you interpret him in the writing and acting.

Thankfully, the stench of the Dark Knight is now far gone and the DCEU will probably be back to do good movies, starting with Wonder Woman.

The Dark Knight just showed that having your characters constipated and depressed your whole film has a very short shelf-life and only Nolan knows hot to truly make it work in the context of blockbuster filmmaking.

10 years after its release, all of Dark Knight pseudo indluences are now erased from pop culture.

All the stupid dark elements : dark in the titles, color schemes in posters, grey and brown are now gone, thank God !

Have you seen the many colors on the recent Aquaman poster ?

On all recent MCU posters since Dr Strange ?

Dark Knight who ?

Oh, another thing : there are never been more CGI in movies than ever before.

Audiences want greensreens and shoots in parking lots and not the 143th movie happenning in New-York and Chicago.

People want to go to Titan, to the waterworld of Aquaman, to the crazy worlds of the Guardians, they want to be wowed by things they can't see in the real world, never saw before and that, only modern CGI will provide you the spectacle & escapism  we crave as audiences despite all the examples you will try to find as counter arguments, just exceptions to the rule really (hello Mission Impossible Fallout !, how do you do today ?)

Forgot, the " Villain gets captured by the police on purpose"  wasn't even a DarK Knight creation, Silence of the Lambs much ?

So yeah, to celebrate the ten Years of the Dark Knight, the whole world made Infinity War an historic box office triumph and I would bet a lot of money that the creative team who worked on Infinity War (around 4000 people) for 3 years never pronounced  these three, simple, meaningless  words :

The Dark Knight.

What a lasting legacy & impact in deed.

:rock:😎💪

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

TDK also impacted the Best Picture category to such a degree that it went from 5 nominees to 7-10 nominees. 

So we can have a double dose of Lady Bird and Moonlight type films instead of one.

Yay !

:bravo:

The Futurist and his scorching takes are always good for a laugh.

But damn...I have to agree with him this time: the DCEU (sans Wonder Woman) was completely derailed (before even starting) by this whole misguided idea that dark/grit was the way to go to creat the cinematic DC world.

Which is really odd, because when I grew up, I always perceived DC as the colorful, silly, larger-than-life, fun world, while Marvel always seemed to me more restrained, down to earth, gritty, and realistic. Not that they didn't have goofy concepts and characters, but if anyone had told me back then that someday a movie studio would create a cinematic universo full of darkness, rainy nights, gloom, and realism, I would have guessed Marvel would be it.

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Forgot, the " Villain gets captured by the police on purpose"  wasn't even a DarK Knight creation, Silence of the Lambs much ?

who gets captured on purpose in silence of the lambs?

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

who gets captured on purpose in silence of the lambs?

Nobody ?

Been a long time I saw Lambs but Lecter seems to be always in control of everything, exactly just like the Joker, always 3 steps ahead of the police and the hero.

So one influence  point for TDK yay !

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Nobody ?

Been a long time I saw Lambs but Lecter seems to be always in control of everything, exactly just like the Joker, always 3 steps ahead than the police and the hero.

So one influence  point for TDK yay !

i don't even care about the dark knight it's not one of my favourite batman movies i just think it's funny when someone's overly smug when they're wrong.👍

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And Dash is right, why Michael Mann never received royalty money form The Dark Knight  and Warner is still a mystery.

For the same reason Donner did not get royalties from the MCU...

You don't get royalties from taking your cues from a template that someone else established

25 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

:rock:😎💪

Better effort at actually writing something, but you had to spoil it with stupid emoticon use at the end to make sure.

Has for captured on purpose with a plan, Seven and many others.

20 minutes ago, StevenG said:

But damn...I have to agree with him this time: the DCEU (sans Wonder Woman) was completely derailed (before even starting) by this whole misguided idea that dark/grit was the way to go to creat the cinematic DC world.

I have never seen Green Lantern, but was it really Dark Knightish ?

That true that it would have been a mistake.

15 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

And Dash is right, why Michael Mann never received royalty money form The Dark Knight  and Warner is still a mystery.

The only part is not right is being an hot take part, Nolan himself will say that it is in good part a The Heat remake:

https://www.slashfilm.com/the-dark-knight-michael-mann-influences/

He told variety that he screened Heat for all his department heads before going into production.

In the case of The Dark Knight, we’re attempting to tell a very large, city story or the story of a city. In the same way that, I don’t know, Michael Mann’s films, like Heat or something. That was sort of an inspiration. If you want to take on Gotham, you want to give Gotham a kind of weight and breadth and depth in there. So you wind up dealing with the political figures, the media figures. That’s part of the whole fabric of how a city is bound together.

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

My favourite film influenced cinema more than yours!

Many people that engage in that conversation of a movie influence on the industry do not necessarily care for them, I do not care for Dark Knight, never achieved to see to the end Iron Man, there is some objective part of measuring going on that is possible to make.

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Better effort at actually writing something, but you had to spoil it with stupid emoticon use at the end to make sure.

Has for captured on purpose with a plan, Seven and many others.

I have never seen Green Lantern, but was it really Dark Knightish ?

That true that it would have been a mistake.

The Green Lantern film was their attempt at both an Iron Man type of success and at launching an MCU type of universe. Unfortunately, the film was a total flop in all regards and any continuation of it was scrapped. Wouldn't surprise me if the failure of that movie is what pushed them into a "darker" approach.

• Like 2