Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, Krissykins said:

Ew, that rape joke is particularly gross. 

GOTG3 will be interesting to follow now :popcorn:

If you're going to sully your name with a rape joke at least make it funny

6 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

James Gunn always seems like the typical reddit dudebro that happened to get an Hollywood gig instead of being a keyboard loser posting racist and mysogynistic memes on r/pol 24/7 in his basement.

Whats with you guys and basements on this board?

Reddit works on cellphones you know 😅

I am not defending the posts but the image of a guy posting stuff you do not like on the internet is always some fat obese guy sitting in a basement unemployed is rather simplistic and I hear it time and time again on this forum.

I think the sad reality is many of these people may be around us at school, work or even in our family because most people separate real life and internet behaviour.  You likely would never suspect these people of being that way.

I am just saying this because I think this whole basement dweller narrative on here is rather simplistic for what the internet is in 2018. 

Like I know some people on here think I am a troll and the only time I go to my basement is to do the laundry lol

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, i think this guy is done. There's no way to ignore things like that.

Look at the date, there is nothing new exposed or revealed that people didn't already well knew.

In this post Weinstein and co. october 2017 to think that obvious joke (yet to see anything that is not obviously a joke) could end the career of someone with billions at the box office..... Do people think that people making pedophile joke are pedophile ? Or rape joke, rapist ? Those are really common jokes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Look at the date, there is nothing new exposed or revealed that people didn't already well knew.

In this post Weinstein and co. october 2017 to think that obvious joke (yet to see anything that is not obviously a joke) could end the career of someone with billions at the box office..... Do people think that people making pedophile joke are pedophile ? Or rape joke, rapist ? Those are really common jokes.

I think the problem is that his jokes are unfunny which just makes them disturbing.

Edited by IronJimbo

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Well, I know I wouldn't leave my kids close to someone who makes rape jokes. I'm not taking it for granted, sorry.

Common jokes or not, they are disgusting. I mean, Gunn probably agrees, because he had the time to delete more than 10.000 tweets.  

Anyway, it seems he deleted this:

DijbXeYXkAAmauG.jpg:large

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Astonished 1

18 minutes ago, Barnack said:

While his jokes are not funny and I understand they could be deemed offensive, I think it's telling that it's only certain categories of jokes that people get offended by.  Apparently, it's ok to make jokes about homeless people, child labour, death etc, but god forbid you make a joke about rape. 

I may not like these jokes, but I will never accept the public hanging of the people who make them. Especially when the jury is comprised by idiots like StevenG that will condemn someone, not because of the joke, but because they made a movie for a franchise they do not like. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

While his jokes are not funny and I understand they could be deemed offensive, I think it's telling that it's only certain categories of jokes that people get offended by.  Apparently, it's ok to make jokes about homeless people, child labour, death etc, but god forbid you make a joke about rape. 

I may not like these jokes, but I will never accept the public hanging of the people who make them. Especially when the jury is comprised by idiots like StevenG that will condemn someone, not because of the joke, but because they made a movie for a franchise they do not like. 

I think its about triggering people...

Like in game of thrones burning a child alive for a sacrifice to a god is okay to show, but showing off screen martial sexual assault got a huge push back. 

I think the issue is that people find such things triggering while the number of people who know someone burned alive in front of their eyes is rather small. 

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what." -Stephen Fry

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Well, he should have been already.  I know I won't be watching it, and Disney sure knows many people will do the same.

I am sure Disney's execs all have rough dreams now of going bankrupt from the approx. 1,157,000 $ this movie will end up short wih because of you many people.

Edited by incognitoo
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Can I have the date, time & link for the livestream of James Gunn public hanging ?

Thx.

Now don't get greedy dear. Enjoy the live witch hunt for the moment. The burning at the stake will be announced and broadcasted worldwide by the Ministry of Truth anyway, so I doubt we would miss it.

Edited by incognitoo

8 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The Gunn shit is crazy. Can't believe he got away with that.

You are coming from an industry that mostly stayed quiet about Wienstien, what do you expect. 

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

I think the problem is that his jokes are unfunny which just makes them disturbing.

It is also the platform.

Twitter is meant to be read the day of the tweet (the joke is often actually dependent) and by the people that followed you and the previous message before. If you become famous and people read single tweet from the past it will usually look quite strange.

• Like 2