Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I like Red Letter Media, but I disagree with Star Wars being a narrow cinematic universe.  Rogue One was always gonna feel close to the OT, it takes place just days before ANH.

I do agree though that the Han Solo spinoff is a monumentally stupid idea.  I mean really, who gives a shit about the adventures of young Han Solo smuggling contraband(I also just can't picture anyone besides Harrison Ford as that character at all).   I have no interest in that at all and it will probably be the first Star Wars movie I won't see in the theater.

It might be fun! Anyways marketing's job is to build your interest in it. :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I like Red Letter Media, but I disagree with Star Wars being a narrow cinematic universe.  Rogue One was always gonna feel close to the OT, it takes place just days before ANH.

I do agree though that the Han Solo spinoff is a monumentally stupid idea.  I mean really, who gives a shit about the adventures of young Han Solo smuggling contraband(I also just can't picture anyone besides Harrison Ford as that character at all).   I have no interest in that at all and it will probably be the first Star Wars movie I won't see in the theater.

I like the idea of it having nothing to do with Jedi's, Empire and rebels. Using the Star Wars universe as the setting is a great idea.

Problem is they will shoehorn too many references in instead of focusing on making a fresh story.

39 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Lord and Miller have made a career making movies that shouldn't exist or be good

42 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

In keeping with the title for this thread...

Capture.jpg

This is  so damn childish and pathetic behavior. And there are actually "PEOPLE" that think DC fans is to defensive. How can we not be if haters like yourself post such chidlish and immature stuff like this. Now who is the most mature fambase here. Because this is such a low blow. its not even funny its just pathetic!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mredman said:

This is  so damn childish and pathetic behavior. And there are actually "PEOPLE" that think DC fans is to defensive. How can we not be if haters like yourself post such chidlish and immature stuff like this. Now who is the most mature fambase here. Because this is such a low blow. its not even funny its just pathetic!

This is the Marvel vs. DC thread.  You know that, right?  You can make low blows around here :).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mredman said:

Agree with That One Guy, in this thread throwing insults is all in good fun.

Edited by IronJimbo

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Reality is how many dcu films will it take to have a RT score of a decent marvel film.

3 or 4?

Hey brother I know this is unrelated.. BUT YOU SEEN THE UNIVERSE SURVIVAL ARC?

The idea of even suggesting comic book movies like Marvel being more popular than Star Wars is an absolute joke. A SW spinoff can make in a week what a Marvel small film makes total and an episode film can make almost as much in a week as a big Marvel hit like Iron Man 3 or Civil War lol. Star Wars is way more than just entertainment to millions of fans and to general audiences they actually show up after OW. Let's not even talk about Marvel's on average garbage staying power despite weak preview numbers. SW beats Marvel upfront and long term and it's not even close.

I love Marvel don't get me wrong but it's like arguing about a Hershey bar versus a perfect steak. One is a snack just meant to tide you over until the main course arrives offering something more than just a quick fix.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

Who the hell is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross and why is he in the title?

A better question to ask would be Why isn't General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross in all thread titles?

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, RandomJC said:

A character from MCU, and a joke from when Marvel people got really pissed at the mods.

Correction: Members were rightly pissed at one particular mod, who is long gone now. That's a coincidence, of course. ;)