Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Hmm he spent 4 years writing the script to A2,A3,A4 and A5. Thought of the idea for Avatar in a dream in the 90s. Waited for cgi to improve so he could bring his dreM to life. He owns life size Na'Vi models. He's spent 10s of thousands of hours on Avatar so yee, I'm sorry to disappoint you but Jim loves Avatar more than me. It's his baby afterall.

You don't have the second greatest legs of all time (behind titanic) and be the highest grossing film of all time without being grossly loved.

Avatar will be the star wars of our generation. So yeah, buckle up because Avatar deserves to be talked about just as much as marvel and dc.. and believe me marvel/dc dominate the discussion in here so quit complaining.

"Jim loves Avatar more than me". Wow, you sound like an attention-deprived wife trying desperately to get her husband to talk to her, while she believes that he another another chick waiting for him somewhere else.

Avatar had good wom, but that was secondary to the main reason - THE main reason - as to why it had as much legs as it has: it's not because it had Titanic wom, but because it was the 1st movie to fully take advantage of IMAX 3D, which became an absolute craze after Avatar arrived. It's the same reason why that terrible Alice In Wonderland remake directed by Tim Burton grossed over 1 billion worldwide: because a lot of pretty visuals + IMAX 3D. And the same reason why the also terrible Clash Of The Titans remake from Louis Leterrier was a too huge hit... albeit it quickly faded away because of the 3D conversion being piss poor in that one.

And if it were the Star Wars of our generation, everyone would be talking about it. Nobody is talking about neither Avatar 1 or 2, like they still are talking about Cameron's other notorious work, such as the early Terminator movies or Titanic. Some people don't even remember that movie existed anymore. And for the record, Marvel and DC dominatED discussion... until you arrived and starting shoving Avatar down everyone's throats.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • ...wtf 1

22 hours ago, mredman said:

What in the hell are you babbling about. JL legs is FAR better than BvS. BvS did not even manage 2.0 multiple thats really not good BvS opened big because it was the trinity in a movie together the first time plus curiosity for the new Batman. Which people love now. I like BvS too but that 1.99 multipler is clear rejection from the GA of the tone of the movie. JL is entertaining and fun and people like that very much.

And this is the Supes everyone want. The only ones who complain is the Snyder Cult. You are more fans of Snyder than the DC universe. Now thats totally out there. Also there is no freakin snyder cut fo crying out loud. You Snyder fans are completely out of touch with reality and with all your insane complaining you actually think you are helping. Well newsflash you are not. All you do is whine and whine. And people are sick and tired of it. I mean this petition. going on for a cut not existing is just insanity to a new degree.

The petition had over 150,000 signatures I think we're way past a Cult. A significant portion of the audience love his movies and loved what he did with this franchise, don't try to deny it.

Superman in this movie was embarrassing, making a joke about death, that's not the Superman from previous DCEU movies, and that's not the Superman from the comics.

I don't know where you're getting this notion that EVERYONE wants Superman to be a joker, because the numbers don't show it. Justice League, the first box office flop in the DCEU, horrible legs, and be prepared for low home video sales too.

On 31/12/2017 at 3:59 PM, That One Guy said:

Justice League has yet to manage a 2.4x.  That is not good, at all.

actually its on 2.43 now. Thor has 2.53. Thor had more time before Star Wars took away all theaters. So which one really has better multiple here.

22 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Justice League may have better legs than BvS but a 2.4x multiplier for a $90M+ Opening Weekend isn't that good. 

Thor Ragnarok has 2.53 and JL is on 2.43 right now. And Thor had more time before Star Wars came. So are you saying Thor also has not a good multipler.

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

horrible legs, and be prepared for low home video sales too.

Thor Ragnarok 2.53 and more time before Star Wars took all theaters away from both

JL 2.43

BvS 1.99

JL horrible legs you say :wintf:

Edited by mredman

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

actually its on 2.43 now. Thor has 2.53. Thor had more time before Star Wars took away all theaters. So which one really has better multiple here.

?

Domestic Total as of Jan. 1, 2018: $225,897,455 (Estimate)

Opening Weekend:

$93,842,239

225,897,455/93,842,239 is 2.407204446603198x.  That was posted when it was still at a 2.39x btw.  I don't think it'll make much more than where it's at right now, and one way or another, a 2.4x still isn't great.

Also, I'm not arguing about Thor's legs right now, so I don't know why you brought that up.  Seems a bit insecure on your end.

Edited by That One Guy

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

Thor Ragnarok has 2.53 and JL is on 2.43 right now. And Thor had more time before Star Wars came. So are you saying Thor also has not a good multipler.

Thor Ragnarok 2.53 and more time before Star Wars took all theaters away from both

JL 2.43

BvS 1.99

JL horrible legs you say :wintf:

Thor opened almost $29m higher

Thor's 2nd w/e wasn't Thanksgiving

JL had NO movies open wide in it's 3rd and 4th w/es

JL's legs aren't horrible, just mediocre for a sub $100m movie opening pre Thanksgivig with only $13m in previews.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mredman said:

i have no clue what you mean. like 2.43 is so different to 2.53 and a movie opened longer away from TLJ release date.

I literally responded to your post dividing its current gross by its opening weekend gross and proving it only has a 2.4 right now.  Conveniently, you ignored it.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I literally responded to your post dividing its current gross by its opening weekend gross and proving it only has a 2.4 right now.  Conveniently, you ignored it.

2.407. thats more 2.41 than 2.40