Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, JamesCameronScholar said:

Not sure if this is bait... Neytiri kills Quaritch and saves Jake from certain death. 

Ah yes I forgot. Well it does not matter even so, we will see some more strong women in Marvel in the future I am sure! 

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I guess Crash is better than TDK since TDK never got best picture.

The Oscars are a joke.

:hahaha:

I think BP will win a tech Oscar next year. Imagine how pressed folks will get if this somehow gets a Best Picture nomination?

13 minutes ago, RRA said:

I think BP will win a tech Oscar next year. Imagine how pressed folks will get if this somehow gets a Best Picture nomination?

Which one? I thought people complained about the CGI.

32 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Which one? I thought people complained about the CGI.

Costume Design.

You should follow Anne Thompson since part of her beat is Oscar campaigning even if her saying BP is the front-runner is too much since its only April but whatever. 

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/04/2019-oscars-best-picture-predictions-1201954918/

6 hours ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

I hope IW will get some oscar love as it is a shame we still have 0 even though there is nearly 20 films! Marvel should get some notice for the good movies they have made. 

But what Oscars should have they won? They never been the best any given year st any category. 

1 hour ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

But what Oscars should have they won? They never been the best any given year st any category. 

True enough. Best they could do is some tech or costume awards. But really, why the need for an Oscar Win is beyond me. (And if they ever win an award, tunes will change.)

7 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

True enough. Best they could do is some tech or costume awards. But really, why the need for an Oscar Win is beyond me. (And if they ever win an award, tunes will change.)

Even tech and custome awards they never the best. 

2 minutes ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Even tech and custome awards they never the best. 

Would be why I said best they could do, which is different than saying the should win. The movies have been nominated for tech awards in the past, and will in the future.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Box Office Theory Fan said:

Avatar is the same the final battle is just Jake killing the Captain of the humans! 

Are you sure you're talking about Avatar ?

Avatar movie right released in 2009 ?

• Haha 2

How come Justice League look so absolutely atrocious I just don't get it.

AAA/Premium VFX houses and almost everyhting looks like crap dear God.

CGI Vomit puts it right I think.

Everything looks like it was rendered with 2007 technology its kinda incredible.

DC needs to call Victoria Alonso so she can school them on VFX, CGI and post-production on superhero blockbusters ASAP.

Just re-watched Thor Ragnarok and Justice League and it s hard to believe these films were released the very same month.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Everything looks like it was rendered with 2007 technology its kinda incredible.

DC needs to call Victoria Alonso so she can school them on VFX, CGI and post-production on superhero blockbusters ASAP.

Just re-watched Thor Ragnarok and Justice League and it s hard to believe these films were released the very same month.

WB thought they would combine Snyder's visual's with Whedon's storytelling.

Turns out that they combined Snyder's storytelling with Whedon's visuals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Exactly.

On 4/22/2018 at 3:07 PM, Box Office Theory Fan said:

I hope IW will get some oscar love as it is a shame we still have 0 even though there is nearly 20 films! Marvel should get some notice for the good movies they have made. 

IW is no Suicide Squad that it will get an oscar.

On 22/04/2018 at 8:04 AM, Dexter of Suburbia said:

One could argue that it is. What makes MCU so good? What would a young filmmaker get out by watching a MCU film

...I guess maybe the filmmaker would have an idea of how to make fun blockbusters? I mean, that's something, right?

But seriously - and I know you didn't ask me the question, but I'm answering it cause why not - I think that the MCU is exactly what it aspires to be, which is fun popcorn fluff. They are fun, entertaining films with really good characters. And that's about it. But I don't think Kevin Feige wants the MCU to be anything else, like Nolan w/the Batman trilogy (which totally worked) or Snyder w/Man Of Steel and BVS (which failed imo). And that's fine. Not every movie needs to be aspirational eternal filmmaking... I don't think Ghostbusters or Back To The Future were trying to be that either when they came out, but low and behold, everyone percieves them as classics, because they got what they needed to get right. I'm not saying the MCU will go down in the same vein as those two movies, but it just happens to be a franchise that really satisfies (at least me) on an entertainment perspective. Sure, it's not groundbreaking stuff by any means, but for what it is, it's quite good (imo, obviously). :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

...I guess maybe the filmmaker would have an idea of how to make fun blockbusters? I mean, that's something, right?

But seriously - and I know you didn't ask me the question, but I'm answering it cause why not - I think that the MCU is exactly what it aspires to be, which is fun popcorn fluff. They are fun, entertaining films with really good characters. And that's about it. But I don't think Kevin Feige wants the MCU to be anything else, like Nolan w/the Batman trilogy (which totally worked) or Snyder w/Man Of Steel and BVS (which failed imo). And that's fine. Not every movie needs to be aspirational eternal filmmaking... I don't think Ghostbusters or Back To The Future were trying to be that either when they came out, but low and behold, everyone percieves them as classics, because they got what they needed to get right. I'm not saying the MCU will go down in the same vein as those two movies, but it just happens to be a franchise that really satisfies (at least me) on an entertainment perspective. Sure, it's not groundbreaking stuff by any means, but for what it is, it's quite good (imo, obviously). :)

I suppose it is following the Pixar model where story is king or in Marvel's case characters are king. 

• Like 1

I just saw Justice Leage and Infinty War in the last couple of days and 

:rofl::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::rofl:

Please, close this thread forever, this is utterly embarrasing.

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

On 4/22/2018 at 11:37 AM, Box Office Theory Fan said:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try, try,  try again!