Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I love Watchemn a lot but it s not a superhero movie to me, it s more like a :

Superhero movie commentary & dissertation, a view on post-modernism in superhero story telling or something.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Holy false equivalency, Batman.

I'll take a thousand liberals who hate the N-word over one tiki torch carrying, Hitler youth reject promoting evil public policy and destroying decades of progress as their shitty hobby.

Man, you're missing my point by a thousand miles. Your equivalency is not even on point, you are comparing a moderate with an extreme.

And to be honest, that Hitler youth reject deserves to be challenged, but he also deserves the chance to reform. America doesn't have a reform system. It's just punishment, and if you ask me, it's far too wrong.

So to summarize, when someone is a racist piece of shit, the thing to do is try to reason and reform them, not destroy their lives. That's how things escalate and become worse, not how they become better. The world is not perfect, to achieve some good things sometimes you need to make sacrifices.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Man, you're missing my point by a thousand miles. Your equivalency is not even on point, you are comparing a moderate with an extreme.

And to be honest, that Hitler youth reject deserves to be challenged, but he also deserves the chance to reform. America doesn't have a reform system. It's just punishment, and if you ask me, it's far too wrong.

So to summarize, when someone is a racist piece of shit, the thing to do is try to reason and reform them, not destroy their lives. That's how things escalate and become worse, not how they become better. The world is not perfect, to achieve some good things sometimes you need to make sacrifices.

Right. And we're sacrificing pieces of garbage.

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

Right. And we're sacrificing pieces of garbage.

If that's what you think is the best course of action, fair enough, but don't pretend you're not radicalized and helping escalate the problem instead of helping solve it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If me telling a villain he's a villain, and they become MORE of a villain? That's not on me. That's on them. Good people don't tend to do bad things, thus they won't be called bad. Bad people do/say bad things, get called bad, then become more bad. Because they're bad.

33 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

If me telling a villain he's a villain, and they become MORE of a villain? That's not on me. That's on them. Good people don't tend to do bad things, thus they won't be called bad. Bad people do/say bad things, get called bad, then become more bad. Because they're bad.

You take stupid and simplistic approach to matters that are complex and require a nuanced approach. I see now that you are not the person to do the latter.

If you tell a villain he's a villain. nothing happens. Nobody wins anything and everyone has lost their time. If you try to convince a villain that his ways are unethical and inhumane, if we did that with every villain, then maybe we would have less villains (reform). But if instead of reason, you use spite to approach him, guess what, you get more villains, because that's the easiest way to radicalize people.

But it's not on you, right? Who the fuck is it on to better this fucking world and not hand a dumpster fire to the next generation, if it's not on everyone?

Anyway,I rest my case. There's nothing more on this subject that I can add.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

You take stupid and simplistic approach to matters that are complex and require a nuanced approach. I see now that you are not the person to do the latter.

If you tell a villain he's a villain. nothing happens. Nobody wins anything and everyone has lost their time. If you try to convince a villain that his ways are unethical and inhumane, if we did that with every villain, then maybe we would have less villains (reform). But if instead of reason, you use spite to approach him, guess what, you get more villains, because that's the easiest way to radicalize people.

But it's not on you, right? Who the fuck is it on to better this fucking world and not hand a dumpster fire to the next generation, if it's not on everyone?

Anyway,I rest my case. There's nothing more on this subject that I can add.

The PC patrol is meant to be Skywalker and see the good in people but instead they're closer to Thanos and would just love to snap they're fingers to delete all racists and bigots.

The amount on hate on either side is baffling...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Star Wars has become as subtle as a Michael Bay movie.

Even in a franchise war thread that sounds incredibly baity. 

Edited by DAJK
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Even in a franchise war thread that sounds incredibly baity. 

Disney Star Wars hasn't been great... I'm not sure exactly what The Futurists means but I'm sure of this much

• Like 1

Just now, IronJimbo said:

Disney Star Wars hasn't been great... I'm not sure exactly what The Futurists means but I'm sure of this much

I only understand about half of futurist's posts to be fair. 

Also of note while I've got you here, I recently re-watched Titanic and I'm sure it's one of my top movies of all time. While I'm sure the avatar series will be fun watches in the cinema, are you, as a Cameron fan, not disappointed that he's spending so much time on these movies when he could be making more classics like Titanic?

This isn't about getting into an ''avatar has/hasn't held up'' debate, but it's impossible to say that Titanic hasn't had more of an impact among popular culture than avatar as far as being a cinematic classic goes. I think cameron is an amazing storyteller, and has the potential to tell some more great, heart-wrenching stories like that one. 

Why would Cameron make another Titanic when he has avatar - the biggest movie of all time. It’s the perfect sci-fi franchise to replace Star Wars - expect even better because it’s not dull as **** and people intentionally care about it (poor Star Wars).  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DAJK said:

I only understand about half of futurist's posts to be fair. 

Also of note while I've got you here, I recently re-watched Titanic and I'm sure it's one of my top movies of all time. While I'm sure the avatar series will be fun watches in the cinema, are you, as a Cameron fan, not disappointed that he's spending so much time on these movies when he could be making more classics like Titanic?

This isn't about getting into an ''avatar has/hasn't held up'' debate, but it's impossible to say that Titanic hasn't had more of an impact among popular culture than avatar as far as being a cinematic classic goes. I think cameron is an amazing storyteller, and has the potential to tell some more great, heart-wrenching stories like that one. 

I feel like Jim has earned whatever he wants to do that he enjoys, and that's the most important thing. Sure I'd love to see him make more original films and really wanted to see his Alita. 

However, I feel like Titanic is the last great 'epic' and it might be hard for even Jim to top that. What do I know though, the man is a genius and I wish I had 5% of his brain power. 

So yeah, slight disappointment, but he's earned the right to do whatever he likes in the cinematic world.