Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

With the start of a new year it’s getting closer and closer to the date when we can finally get the definitive Batman vs Superman. 

Marvel’s Batman vs Superman

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/?comments=1

Patience people. 

Wouldn't AT&T/WB try to extend the copyright for a commodity as profitable as Batman?

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

With the start of a new year it’s getting closer and closer to the date when we can finally get the definitive Batman vs Superman. 

Marvel’s Batman vs Superman

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2019/01/a-whole-years-worth-of-works-just-fell-into-the-public-domain/?comments=1

Patience people. 

It will be 2031-2035 for Bats and Supes to enter the public domain and even then it will only be the earliest incarnation of those characters back in the 30's and not the evolved versions over the years that different comic book creators added onto those characters. I don't think people will be able to do much with those versions of the characters for their own creations in media. We shall see how that plays out, still has a long ways to go though. 

20 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel already plagiarized Batman v Superman's plot in Civil War.

Lol, at least CIVIL WAR is actually a major story arc in Marvel comics. BATMAN V SUPERMAN was contrived by DC and Warner Bros. in an attempt to take a shortcut to Marvel's success.

Edited by JB33
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For the record, I actually don't mind BvS. I like it way more than JUSTICE LEAGUE. It was just waaaay too soon for that movie. It's the 2nd movie in your cinematic universe and you're having a grizzled old Batman fighting Superman, then teaming up with Wonder Woman to take down Doomsday, all whilst discovering the existence of other heroes like Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

All this in the second movie of your cinematic universe. Holy overload, Batman! Flesh out your characters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Wouldn't AT&T/WB try to extend the copyright for a commodity as profitable as Batman?

There's nothing they can do unless Congress extends copyright again which doesn't look like happening.  This is from an earlier article and it appears nothing has changed.

"While copyright term has been a longstanding topic of conversation in policy circles, we are not aware of any legislative proposals to address the issue," the MPAA told us.

Presumably, many of the MPAA's members would gladly take a longer copyright term if they could get it. For example, Disney's copyright for the first Mickey Mouse film, Steamboat Willie, is scheduled to expire in 2024. But the political environment has shifted so much since 1998 that major copyright holders may not even try to extend copyright terms before they start to expire again.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/01/hollywood-says-its-not-planning-another-copyright-extension-push/

And others have it is only as they first appeared.  

A lot of buzz around Aquaman right now, reviving the old DC vs Marvel fandom wars.

Everyone needs a reality check though, it's not even going to make 0.5A

With Avatar 2 next year you should enjoy your squabbles while you can

Edited by IronJimbo

27 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

In time the DCEU will prove a match for the MCU.  Aquaman and WW are the first hints of that. 

I have no doubt. Their course correction so far has been pretty darn good. It still feels like it will never measure up to Marvel though. I'm not trying to start a fanboy war, I'm being honest. I'm not talking about quality of movies here. I'm talking about the fact that audiences have been on a long journey with Marvel characters. The DCEU botched that and even if they start making quality films, they'll never get that element back. That's what I mean by they'll never really measure up to Marvel. It's nothing to do with box office or the quality of films. Marvel just got it right from the beginning and you only have one shot at that. 

Edited by JB33
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

I agree with that.  The MCU has spent over a decade building their universe and they did it fairly mistake free.  As a result people are massively invested in it.  Unfortunately this has caused some people to become biased to a extreme degree towards Marvel and won't give credit to DC no matter what.  The shit article by the NY Post is proof  of that.

It's like sport if you think about it.   There is still idiots that think Lebron James sucks at basketball. Why do they think that?  They are biased that's why. 

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

For the record, I actually don't mind BvS. I like it way more than JUSTICE LEAGUE. It was just waaaay too soon for that movie. It's the 2nd movie in your cinematic universe and you're having a grizzled old Batman fighting Superman, then teaming up with Wonder Woman to take down Doomsday, all whilst discovering the existence of other heroes like Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg.

All this in the second movie of your cinematic universe. Holy overload, Batman! Flesh out your characters.

I agree it would be better to have taken more time to get to the team up, but I don't think it was really necessary. It worked very well for me. We don't need to see Batman in his early days again, and Wonder Woman works as being a mysterious character. The other JL members weren't just shoehorned in: the existence of other metahumans was part of the plot in BVS.

The Flash from the future scene may have been a big confusing, but then again, it was part of the plot, it helped make Bruce Wayne even more fearful of Superman. I don't think it's a scene that wasn't important even now that the plans to develop their world from the future seems to be shelved by WB.

I may be biased because of my love for the DC universe and my previous knowledge of the comics, but BVS just works perfectly for me, I think it's flawless. I really believe people will grow more fond of it if they give it another chance. It's a really brilliant film in my honest opinion.

The DCEU movie I actually think would work much better if some of characters were introduced in earlier films is Suicide Squad, I think it would be brilliant to see some of them as villains in solo films and then see them team up in Suicide Squad and do good. I wish DC moves forward with the Legion of Doom they teased in Justice League.

For those who already saw Aquaman, can you imagine if

Spoiler

Black Manta returns with the Legion of Doom in Justice League 2 instead of the Aquaman sequel? Wouldn't it be awesome? I know some of you haters will say no but I don't care :sparta:

Just now, Napoleon said:

The DCEU movie I actually think would work much better if some of characters were introduced in earlier films is Suicide Squad, I think it would be brilliant to see some of them as villains in solo films and then see them team up in Suicide Squad and do good. I wish DC moves forward with the Legion of Doom they teased in Justice League.

For those who already saw Aquaman, can you imagine if

Reveal hidden contents

I was actually thinking that 

Spoiler

He should return in Suicide Squad 2 as part of the team after having been picked up by Waller in the mid-credits scene. But it doesn't seem so as he is 100% going to be in  AQM 2.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I agree with that.  The MCU has spent over a decade building their universe and they did it fairly mistake free.  As a result people are massively invested in it.  Unfortunately this has caused some people to become biased to a extreme degree towards Marvel and won't give credit to DC no matter what.  The shit article by the NY Post is proof  of that.

It's like sport if you think about it.   There is still idiots that think Lebron James sucks at basketball. Why do they think that?  They are biased that's why. 

Agreed 100%. And yeah, that NY Post article was an utter embarrassment. Don't mean to sound like Donald Trump here but it's why I think the media is a huuuuuge problem in the centre of this fanboy culture, especially blogs and less prestigious outlets. They claim innocence yet fan the flames at the same time.

All DC/Warner Bros. can do now is make good movies, which they're doing. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I agree it would be better to have taken more time to get to the team up, but I don't think it was really necessary. It worked very well for me. We don't need to see Batman in his early days again, and Wonder Woman works as being a mysterious character. The other JL members weren't just shoehorned in: the existence of other metahumans was part of the plot in BVS.

The Flash from the future scene may have been a big confusing, but then again, it was part of the plot, it helped make Bruce Wayne even more fearful of Superman. I don't think it's a scene that wasn't important even now that the plans to develop their world from the future seems to be shelved by WB.

I may be biased because of my love for the DC universe and my previous knowledge of the comics, but BVS just works perfectly for me, I think it's flawless. I really believe people will grow more fond of it if they give it another chance. It's a really brilliant film in my honest opinion.

If it worked for you, that's awesome! It was a frustrating film for me because I loved some elements of it (mainly anything to do with Batman). I just disliked some elements as well, and thought it was way too soon. I wanted the fight between, and subsequent team-up of, Batman and Superman to be far more EARNED.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Batman is my favourite comic book character ever and I loved Snyder/Affleck's version. I feel like that's one character Snyder can do because I feel Batman's world matches his filmmaking style.

Edited by JB33