Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

I don't think I've seen a movie like this, ever. It seems like a normal Hollywood-style blockbuster on the surface, but once you add playfully insane tonal shifts, characters who dive straight into the premise, and a perfect sense of atmosphere and world building, then there's simply no words I can use to describe this film. It's crazy and surprisingly inventive in ways that I don't want to spoil. Just see it, you'll be glad that you did!

Awesome! So Spaghetti seal of approval as well. I have a feeling I'll really love this. Sounds like the direction is definitely Bong. How are the acting performances, Sphaghetti?
  • Like 2

Looks like since taking the role of Cap, Chris Evans filmography and RT average really improve. He has wisen up. Before that it's mostly just shitty movies, even though he's good in them.

• Like 5

Looks like since taking the role of Cap, Chris Evans filmography and RT average really improve. He has wisen up. Before that it's mostly just shitty movies, even though he's good in them.

It's probably more about more choices rather than wiser choices.  He's talked about losing out on roles in Milk, Elizabeth Town, Wolf Of Wall Street etc and he was attached to movies like Kill Your Darlings that hit financing issues..   Bong said Evans pursued the Snowpiercer role via CAA before the offer went out.  No doubt Captain America got him a bigger foot in the door and the meeting though it was his performances in his small films - Puncture, Iceman & Sunshine that got him the role. 

Similarly it was Sunshine & Loss Of A Tear Drop Diamond that got him offered Captain America.  Which goes to show mediocre or even bad as well as good movies can help your career if your performance is good in them - so it's better to work than not even if the material isn't the greatest or what you really want to do.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 3

It was a great movie, the people I went to see it with didn't like it though. Weinstein might be right in that most Americans won't get the film, because the complaint was, "I didn't see a point to the movie." as if there was nothing to it when in actuality it's evidently layered and symbolic.Favorite movie of the year.

• Like 4

I love love love it :wub: :wub: :wub:The long drive (not that I was doing any of the driving, thanks to dear boyfriend) was well worth it. Dallas also had very good food, which is a bonus.I might be biased, but fuck it, who cares? This film is awesome, and Bong Joon Ho is one of the best directors working at the moment. I can see what Chris Evans meant when he was describing Bong's style of filming. The movie is tight and well-edited. Good to great acting performances all around. It doesn't waste time on unnecessary expositions, go right to it but also manage to be symbolic and subtle when it needs to. Action scenes and humors are definitely Bong's and cause of that, I'm glad I got to see his complete cut.It's everything Elysium wishes to be. And for its budget, the movie had some impressive set designs, more so than many expensive blockbusters.I hope it'll expand to even more theaters in the near future cause I hope to see it again soon.

• Like 6

I love love love it :wub: :wub: :wub:

The long drive (not that I was doing any of the driving, thanks to dear boyfriend) was well worth it. Dallas also had very good food, which is a bonus.

I might be biased, but fuck it, who cares? This film is awesome, and Bong Joon Ho is one of the best directors working at the moment. I can see what Chris Evans meant when he was describing Bong's style of filming. The movie is tight and well-edited. Good to great acting performances all around. It doesn't waste time on unnecessary expositions, go right to it but also manage to be symbolic and subtle when it needs to. Action scenes and humors are definitely Bong's and cause of that, I'm glad I got to see his complete cut.

It's everything Elysium wishes to be.

And for its budget, the movie had some impressive set designs, more so than many expensive blockbusters.

I hope it'll expand to even more theaters in the near future cause I hope to see it again soon.

Activate Kruger

Posted Image

• Like 4

Activate Kruger

Posted Image

Well, for what it's worth, nothing and no one in Snowpiercer approaches the masterful level of Sharlto Copley. Tilda Swinton comes pretty close, but still, no cigars.
  • Like 1

Well, for what it's worth, nothing and no one in Snowpiercer approaches the masterful level of Sharlto Copley. Tilda Swinton comes pretty close, but still, no cigars.

Lol, in all seriousness Elysium was a disappointment. Only the earnestness of Matt Damon and Copley's hamminess could salvage it
  • Like 1

Talking to friend yesterday who mentioned some controversy over the version North American's are getting versus director's cut. Anyone know details on that?

Everyone gets the same shit, no alternate cuts.

• Like 1

Lol, in all seriousness Elysium was a disappointment. Only the earnestness of Matt Damon and Copley's hamminess could salvage it

No praise for Jodie Foster's accent? For shame, Pink.