grim22

Weekend Estimates: Bond 35.4M, Peanuts 24.2M, Coopers 8.4M, Martian 6.7M, 33 5.8M

9 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

We really shouldn't care about this bullshit considering the things that are happening right now. 

I'm sure everyone is well aware and concerned. You can see that if you look in the thread in the real world subforum. But as Tele said, this is not the place to discuss that. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Jack Nevada said:

We really shouldn't care about this bullshit considering the things that are happening right now. 

It's totally normal and okay for people to distract themselves from the harsh realities of the world we live in as long as they acknowledge it and don't try to downplay it, etc.

There's a difference in ignoring these tragedies and finding a distraction, so that you're not bogged down by so many of them.

Edited by Claire Evans Holt
  • Like 12

Heh at My All American looking at an opening as low as $1M. I didn't see any ads for it so not surprised, although at least it gives us the absurdity of Finn Wittrock and Robin Tunney playing son/mother despite a 12 year age difference (made even more absurd by the fact 31 year old Wittrock is playing a teenager). Oh Hollywood.

With 4 total flops out the gate, I imagine Clarius Entertainment is about to close their doors. Destination Films of the 2010s.

• Like 1

Is anyone else getting the feeling that Secret In Their Eyes is going to be a big flop next weekend? The buzz seems incredibly low despite having not one but two big name Oscar-winning actresses in its cast, and I'm getting the feeling reviews will be on the middling side too. Don't know, kinda wouldn't be surprised if it ends up as another sub-$5M opener next weekend.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

It'll probably open somewhere between 5-10M. The budget is only 20M so I doubt STX should worry too much.

The Next Three Days, another adult-targeted thriller that opened against a big franchise finale (the first half of the Harry Potter conclusion, to be exact) the weekend before Thanksgiving 5 years ago, debuted to $6.5M. I'm guessing that should be the target for this.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Ho-hum day today at my theatre. Spectre did the equivalent of $13.9M for its second friday (which is down from the 30M it did last Friday). Peanuts did $9.6M and Love the Coopers did $4.1M (better than I thought it would). Then there was this Canadian film called Wrecker which I have no idea why we got (and my manager isn't too pleased either) had 8 people for the entire night.

1). Spectre (SONY), 3,929 theaters (0)/ $10.4M Fri. (-62%) /3-day cume: $34.4M (-51%)/ Total cume: $129.5M /Wk 2

2). The Peanuts Movie (FOX), 3,902 theaters (+5)/ $5.7M Fri. (-53%)/3-day cume: $24.7M (-44%)/Total cume: $82.9M /Wk 2

3). Love The Coopers (LGF), 2,603 theaters / $2.7M Fri. / 3-day cume: $8.4M /Wk 1

4). The Martian (FOX), 2,788 theaters (-67) / $1.9M Fri. (-27%)/ 3-day cume: $6.7M (-27%)/ Total cume: $207.2M / Wk 7

5). The 33 (WB), 2,452 theaters / $1.7M Fri.  / 3-day cume: $5M /Wk 1

6). Goosebumps (SONY), 2,805 theaters (-246) / $1.7M Fri. (-35%)/ 3-day cume: $4.4M (-35%)/Total cume: $73.3M /Wk 5

7). Bridge Of Spies (DIS), 2,688 theaters (-79) / $1.3M Fri. (-29%)/3-day cume: $4.2M (-26%)/Total cume: $61.3M /Wk 5

8). Hotel Transylvania 2 (SONY), 1,834 theaters (-440) / $500K Fri. (-37%)/3-day cume: $2.3M (-38%) / Total cume: $165.1M /Wk 8

9). Prem Ratan Dhan Payo (FIP), 286 theaters / $654K Fri. / 3-day cume: $2.3M /Wk 1

10). My All American (AVI), 1,479 theaters / $509K Fri. / 3-day cume: $1.5M /Wk 1