kayumanggi

DOCTOR STRANGE | 445.1 M overseas ● 677.7 M worldwide

11 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

$720 ?? 0.0 too hard with FB and Moana

I am not sure myself, but e.g. China gets FB in 2 weeks or so, till then Doctor Strange might still earn $15m+ there and so on.

FB is really difficult to predict IMHO, but even more difficult to guees how strong it will impact which film. I think the drops will differ a lot, depending on which film.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AStarWarsFan said:

People are overestimating at this point.

Doctor Strange is not going to reach 700M. It's more likely to reach 600M+

Domestic:

Thor 2: $36m 2nd weekend (-57%) $145m cume

Dr. Strange: $43m 2nd weekend (-49%) $153m

Thor 2: $53m 3rd weekend (2nd in China) $332m cume

Dr. Strange: $60m 3rd weekend (2nd in China) $339m

This means Dr. Strange is $15m ahead of Thor 2 at the same point.

Following the same multiplier from now than Thor 2 (x2.69 from the 2nd DOM wknd and x3.03 from the 3rd wknd OS), Dr. Strange would finish with $225m DOM and $461m OS, for a $686m WW. IMO, taking into account wide better reception of Dr. Strange than Thor 2, $700m are very likely, maybe locked.

And I see people saying that competition for Dr. Strange will be big because FB, Moana and Rogue One... Thor 2 faced Catching Fire, Frozen, and Desolation of Smaug. The three films combined grossed more than 3 billion WW.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, jb007 said:

Dr. Strange is doing way better than I anticipated. This is probably the best solo SH performer for a relatively unknown property. $700M WW would be fantastic. 

I would add Deadpool (I had no idea about his existence before the release). But yes, great performance for Dr. Strange.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, peludo said:

I would add Deadpool (I had no idea about his existence before the release). But yes, great performance for Dr. Strange.

I agree to an extent. It is just that Deadpool was slightly better known than Dr. Strange. I'm not a comic book reader. But I did know about Deadpool, may be because of X men Origins: Wolverine.

But I knew nothing about Dr. Strange though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peludo said:

1 hour ago, jb007 said:

I agree to an extent. It is just that Deadpool was slightly better known than Dr. Strange. I'm not a comic book reader. But I did know about Deadpool, may be because of X men Origins: Wolverine.

But I knew nothing about Dr. Strange though.

Deadpool is rather well known within the Marvel comic book readers group, incl the older ones too.

Even ppl not being avid readers of Marvel comics usually know about hím as he is not only insane, but he is so insane, that he sees 'us', the reader, and speaks to us, beside all his co-characters in the comic are thinking this is another proof for his insanity = that made him unique enough even the once in a while reader will remember him IMHO. I saw since Wolverine also quite some Deadpool merchandise in the last few years.

Plus the character was already introduced, see Wolverine, like jb007 already pointed out, WOM was great and it was 'fresh' something else, including the age restriction (depending on the countries= = a lot more ppl got curious based on those points too - I think

For the average movie goer willing to try out he is a far more known property than DS IMHO (I am neutral, if it is about 'fan-wars')

Do not misunderstand, I think both runs are great, for varying reasons, was only my 2ct

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Olive said:

With much worse ER, Dr Strange will likely beat MOS a super-man movie...(not intending to star a flame war)

Well, Deadpool also did that earlier this year, but still very surprising

Indeed, that's incredible when you think about it.