kayumanggi

MOANA | 394.6 M overseas ● 643.3 M worldwide

15 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder if Sing and Moana are hurting each other, both are doing okay to good business but not to the scale that the two studios are used to. 

Moana is/will probably continue to be hurt by Sing. No other WDAS musical had to contend with a rival animated musical in this way. Sing OTOH... I'm not so sure. I don't see it being bigger in summer as it seems more of a "holiday season" type of movie. I don't know how much bigger it would be without Moana around though. There isn't much precedence for incredibly successful non-Disney animated musicals.

Edited by Spidey Freak

8 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Moana is/will probably continue to be hurt by Sing. No other WDAS musical had to contend with a rival animated musical in this way. Sing OTOH... I'm not so sure. I don't see it being bigger in summer as it seems more of a "holiday season" type of movie. I don't know how much bigger it would be without Moana around though. There isn't much precedence for incredibly successful non-Disney animated musicals.

Sing isn't doing very hot either OS.  I don't think it would have done any differently even without Moana like you said.  Both just aren't performing to the golden standards of their respective company.  

7 hours ago, CelestialFairyIX said:

Sing isn't doing very hot either OS.  I don't think it would have done any differently even without Moana like you said.  Both just aren't performing to the golden standards of their respective company.  

Sing's underperformance OS is surprising to say the least, domestic is fine but I thought it would do a lot better.

So what are the OS people seeing in cinemas, then (?) Can't blame it all to ER [emoji4]

On 26/12/2016 at 11:18 AM, edroger3 said:

Italy OW 1,66M€. One of the lowest ever for Disney/Pixar but not significant by now due the bad configuration of the week (sat Chr eve/Sun Chr). Next WK could be 5M and more (not certain but pretty sure).

3,6M€ Mon-Wed!

45 minutes ago, Arlo245 said:

Hoping for Japanese audiences to eat this up. Moana needs a breakout market!

It's already broken out in France and is the highest WDAS or second highest WDAS release in smaller territories like the Philippines.  But I agree, Japan could be the key ingredient to make this film stand out amongst the 2016 animated blockbusters. 

2 hours ago, Finnick said:

MOANA CROSSED THE 400M MARK, 600M IS LOOKING POSSIBLE!!!

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $213,360,039    53.0%
Foreign:  $189,100,000    47.0%

Worldwide:  $402,460,039  

70M week WW: 398M (BOM adding Monday) - 328M. Good Christmas boost despite the bad ER in Eurozone and other places. For example Moana is at 29,7 in France, Frozen was at 42 with roughly the same admissions.

now 400

old mkts +55

dom +30

new mkts +45 

tot 530

Japan ???

tot 530+???=???

• Like 4

9 hours ago, edroger3 said:

70M week WW: 398M (BOM adding Monday) - 328M. Good Christmas boost despite the bad ER in Eurozone and other places. For example Moana is at 29,7 in France, Frozen was at 42 with roughly the same admissions.

now 400

old mkts +55

dom +30

new mkts +45 

tot 530

Japan ???

tot 530+???=???

I was thinking something like +100 from old markets (including DOM) and +100 from new markets -> tot. $600 million.

Moana will probably be at 1,15M admissions after this weekend in Germany (about 270k, 5% decrease), which is ahead of Wreck it Ralph (1.039.406). And it will pass Monster University, Brave and Toy Story 3(1,4M, 1,46M, 1,6M) soon. It will end with a multipler above 10x (excluding previews). So Germans do not fear to see a non white Disney Princess ;)

• Like 5