kayumanggi

MOANA | 394.6 M overseas ● 643.3 M worldwide

Screendaily

In its third weekend, Moana sailed to an extra $23.5m from its 32 territories for $93.8m so far overseas and $238.8m globally.

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ latest posted an overall drop-off of 31% from last weekend, with the likes of France ($11.5m to date), the UK ($6m to date), China ($26.2m to date) and Mexico ($6.2m to date) enjoying strong holds.

Moana remained at number one in France, Spain, Russia, Mexico, Colombia and Venezuela, among others. Its next major releases come in Germany and Italy on December 22.

Uk number: lw was 3M$, so only 3M$ in the entire week? or 6M$ is this week total?

Screendaily: With no new openings, Moana sailed to an extra $15.5m from its 32 territories for $118.4m overseas and $280.3m worldwide.
France fell only 12% with a $4m third weekend for $16.4m to date, the UK added $1.8m (dropping 25%) for $8.7m after three weeks in play and China took $2.2m for $28.4m to date.
The animation opens in Germany and Italy, as well as Austria, Greece and Ukraine next weekend, ahead of a Boxing Day release in Australia

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Screendaily: With no new openings, Moana sailed to an extra $15.5m from its 32 territories for $118.4m overseas and $280.3m worldwide.
France fell only 12% with a $4m third weekend for $16.4m to date, the UK added $1.8m (dropping 25%) for $8.7m after three weeks in play and China took $2.2m for $28.4m to date.
The animation opens in Germany and Italy, as well as Austria, Greece and Ukraine next weekend, ahead of a Boxing Day release in Australia

34% drop - really good with Rogue opening

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

I think they underestimated: 15,5M-8M (Uk/China/France as they reported) = 7,5M from 28 territoires including Russia/Mexico/Spain? In past weekend was 16M, so -55% average drop?

Moana opens in a majority of its markets today except for 10.  

Markets left to open in: Australia (Dec. 26th), Brazil (Jan. 5th), Argentina (Jan. 19th.), South Korea (Jan. 19th), Turkey (Jan. 20th), Hong Kong (Jan. 26th), Denmark (Feb. 2nd), Norway (Feb. 3rd), Sweden (Feb. 3rd), and Japan (Mar. 10th). 

These markets could provide the needed energy to heave Moana past $700 million.  I think it's still possible.  Hopefully I'm proven correct. *bites nails* 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Noiret Jak said:

700M ? It's too high !

640/650M$ could be good but still disapointing !

I have it ultimately finishing at $620-640 million, but there's a TINY, A FRACTION of a chance that it might hit $700 million if other European countries perform like France and Japan and SK follow suite with their love for Disney and its animated features.  Japan and SK alone will deliver a combined $100+ million. 

Edited by CelestialFairyIX

After looking at wednesday number from RTH( 26% drop with Sing opening), 260m is too high. I would say 220m domestic is more likely at this point.

I agree. I think Moana has been tracking some 25% above Tangled (dom-wise) since the beginning, but Wed it did below Tangled (because of Sing). Still hoping for better, thou.