grim22

Weekend #s. MJ2 51.6/75.7M, TGD 39.2/55.6M lowest Pixar opening since Bugs Life, Creed 30/42M biggest OW for a boxing movie

Pretty great numbers for MockingJay tbh, after the doom and gloom we all called last weekend. Will finish with over 280M, which at this point, seems like a big win.

Creed will do almost 40M for the 5-day which is pretty fantastic. Legs should carry it to 120M or maybe even more if it gets some nice awards nominations. And Good Dinosaur I will admit it slightly underwhelming. Will finish wth 180-200M, which is definitley on the low end for Pixar. But while the movie was still pretty great, it is closer to the lower end for Pixar quality as well. Overseas could do 400M+ though, so it'll be fine.

Victor Frankenstein :rofl:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Pretty great numbers for MockingJay tbh, after the doom and gloom we all called last weekend. Will finish with over 280M, which at this point, seems like a big win.

Creed will do almost 40M for the 5-day which is pretty fantastic. Legs should carry it to 120M or maybe even more if it gets some nice awards nominations. And Good Dinosaur I will admit it slightly underwhelming. Will finish wth 180-200M, which is definitley on the low end for Pixar. But while the movie was still pretty great, it is closer to the lower end for Pixar quality as well. Overseas could do 400M+ though, so it'll be fine.

Victor Frankenstein :rofl:

falling under most peoples predictions and not outgrossing Part 1 is not really a win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Marston said:

falling under most peoples predictions and not outgrossing Part 1 is not really a win.

Possibly getting the best multiplier in the franchise (ahem DH2 BD2) certainly is.

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Possibly getting the best multiplier in the franchise (ahem DH2 BD2) certainly is.

Yeah, I would love for the each film having better legs than the previous one to hold. Kind of a precious thing that The Hunger Games can hold.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, grim22 said:

With literally nothing else of note opening, there is no reason for Victor Frankenstein to have a record drop, top 10 maybe.

You are right, the next 2 weeks only have 2 wide releases lmao (plus I guess some movies will take advantage of that to expand a bit, like Spotlight). 

I have to say the TGD opening is somewhat disappointing, it is Pixar's lowest 3 day opening since Bugs Life, and even taking the full 5 days, only Ratatouille is lower apart from their first 2 movies. It is also definitely Pixar's lowest attended opening weekend ever. Wasn't it tracking ahead of Inside Out or something? It has a pretty good shot at being Pixar's lowest grossing movie ever.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I have to say the TGD opening is somewhat disappointing, it is Pixar's lowest 3 day opening since Bugs Life, and even taking the full 5 days, only Ratatouille is lower apart from their first 2 movies. It is also definitely Pixar's lowest attended opening weekend ever. Wasn't it tracking ahead of Inside Out or something? It has a pretty good shot at being Pixar's lowest grossing movie ever.

It has to be the marketing, right? I mean I am a single guy in my 30s but I knew all about Inside Out months before it was released. I had to keep looking up what the hell TGD was weeks before release. It just felt flaccid. Like they weren't even excited to be releasing the film.