grim22

BOF's Top 25 movies of 2015. Full list on Page 13. The forum is shiny and chrome.

Spoiler

Jurassic World

gqT0zli.png

dOm1Hs3.png

The movie that revitalized a franchise and finished as the biggest movie of Summer and one of the biggest movies of all time. JW managed to capture the zeitgeist in a way few movies have and maintained that momentum through the end of summer. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas-Howard both played their roles decently well, but the real stars of the movie were the dinosaurs, especially Blue and the T-Rex. While the movie was not liked by all users here, it did have enough support to put it this high on the list.

BOF User Reviews

summer blockbuster movie that all the family can go see, done well. I believe it will scare the young ones in a similar fashion to what JP1 did when I was a wee nipper. Loved it.

Easily the best JP sequel and more in tone with the first film than any of the others, but bigger in scale obviously and not as revolutionary in terms of impact on cinema as the 1st. Nice balance of awe inspiring visuals, emotional moments (most specifically with the *spoilers* dying saurapod dinosaur*spoilers over*, humour (perhaps some with the veloceraptors unintentional) and just enough nostalga to give you goosebumps.

Some nice little homages to the first film too.

Favourite film of the summer so far. A happy Jurassic Park fan. The audience seemed to really dig the film, with a lot staying behind for a good portion of the credits (probably to take in the original JP music), which doesn't happen that often when theres no end of credit scene. Don't think you could expect much more from a Jurrassic Park sequel, it is what it is, and it's great fun.

9/10.

-Monsters and Roy

I loved it. It is exactly what I want from a big summer movie. Nothing more, but nothing less. The CGI worked for me, and the end fight is super fucking awesome. seriously. It was totally worth it and I want to see it again. 

A-

-Kalderic

• Like 9

Just now, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

ah now the fun reactions should begin :P 

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

:kitschjob:

9 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Hide contents

Jurassic World

gqT0zli.png

dOm1Hs3.png

The movie that revitalized a franchise and finished as the biggest movie of Summer and one of the biggest movies of all time. JW managed to capture the zeitgeist in a way few movies have and maintained that momentum through the end of summer. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas-Howard both played their roles decently well, but the real stars of the movie were the dinosaurs, especially Blue and the T-Rex. While the movie was not liked by all users here, it did have enough support to put it this high on the list.

BOF User Reviews

summer blockbuster movie that all the family can go see, done well. I believe it will scare the young ones in a similar fashion to what JP1 did when I was a wee nipper. Loved it.

Easily the best JP sequel and more in tone with the first film than any of the others, but bigger in scale obviously and not as revolutionary in terms of impact on cinema as the 1st. Nice balance of awe inspiring visuals, emotional moments (most specifically with the *spoilers* dying saurapod dinosaur*spoilers over*, humour (perhaps some with the veloceraptors unintentional) and just enough nostalga to give you goosebumps.

Some nice little homages to the first film too.

Favourite film of the summer so far. A happy Jurassic Park fan. The audience seemed to really dig the film, with a lot staying behind for a good portion of the credits (probably to take in the original JP music), which doesn't happen that often when theres no end of credit scene. Don't think you could expect much more from a Jurrassic Park sequel, it is what it is, and it's great fun.

9/10.

-Monsters and Roy

I loved it. It is exactly what I want from a big summer movie. Nothing more, but nothing less. The CGI worked for me, and the end fight is super fucking awesome. seriously. It was totally worth it and I want to see it again. 

A-

-Kalderic

tumblr_lngm1lMTZx1qm3enho1_500.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well a few users are gonna be angry when they see this.

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Well, at least Kingsman and Ant-Man will be ahead of it.

Seems too high for Ant-Man to show up but since Marvel loonies are capable of anything Ultron and Ant-Man will somehow be in the top 10.