Cmasterclay

2015 Awards and Precusors (PGA NOMS ON PG. 10)

Some thoughts:

Surprised Beasts of No Nation still managed to have hype. 

No Martian was a big shocker, this hurts Damon's chances. He's still third and likely but no longer locked.

Mark Ruffalo and Michael Keaton cancelled each other out and caused a split, will be interesting to see how they play in Oscar nominations.

Trumbo has a lot of support, don't be surprised if Mirren takes the fifth spot at the Oscars.

I'll be surprised if Supporting Actor gets 3 or more right. With Hateful Eight not being screened, that will knock someone out. Michael Shannon has little chance of a nomination and who knows how much of a chance Elba has. Bale is a wildcard here.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I hope elba pulls out a nomination. he's fucking electric in beasts even if the movie didn't really stick with me. I haven't seen many big contenders but that's gotta be my favourite in that category so far. A little disappointed Attah couldn't find his way to an individual nod even though they found room for Depp's weak work.

i think helen mirren getting nominated for a movie with crappy reviews from april and sarah silverman getting nominated for some random sundance indie nobody actually watched proves that in the industry no1curr about charlize theron and you guys are silly, like I was saying earlier.

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

IDK. This hasn't been a typical year at all. 

The Hateful Eight is the only thing I can see beating Spotlight now, there's basically no idea as to why The Martian got snubbed. Still on board for Director, Screenplay, and a Sound win, but that's it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The Hateful Eight is the only thing I can see beating Spotlight now, there's basically no idea as to why The Martian got snubbed. Still on board for Director, Screenplay, and a Sound win, but that's it. 

Also maybe Big Short. I can see that winning. 

Important to note that Hateful Eight is this year's Django/Wolf/Selma, so absolutely no one from SAG saw it. Any nom for Leigh, and even SLJ/Goggins/Ensemble, are still on the table. But what an absolutely bizarre field. Only got 1/5 in Supporting Actor. Only 3/5 in Ensemble (missed on Martian and Brooklyn). Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of all of these choices, but I am please with how eclectic and out of left field they sorta are. Jake kinda echoed my sentiments in saying they're boring in a way but exciting at the same time.

Also, Michael Shannon's performance and 99 Homes in general turns into a schlockly TV B-movie for the third act. Too bad, because the first two thirds of that movie is spectacular, and Shannon is as good as anyone else this year. 

Edited by Cmasterclay