Wrath

BOT User Tracking 12/11-13 Heart of the Sea, Legend

Legend goes Wide this weekend, so we're predicting it, along with whatever non-hammer-wielding action Hemsworth is up to. Wrathette #2 (who just turned 9) was *dying* to see Crimson Peak (wasn't happening) for reasons I couldn't figure out, and is now *dying* to see Heart of the Sea from which I've figured out that she basically just wants to know what Loki and Thor are up to when they aren't being deities. I have to give her props for being on top of her actors.

Not a super-exciting week, but better than last week, hopefully. Krampus turned out better than most of us were expecting, and unless it gets seriously revised downward I think we're going to have come in pretty low.

Please provide your 12/11 - 13 Opening Weekend predicts for:

Heart of the Sea

Legend (anyone know how many screens this is getting?)

Deadline is now going to be sometime between midnight Wednesday and Thursday midmorning (US Eastern time), depending on when I get to it.

Edited by Wrath

3 hours ago, Wrath said:

Legend goes Wide this weekend, so we're predicting it, along with whatever non-hammer-wielding action Hemsworth is up to. Wrathette #2 (who just turned 9) was *dying* to see Crimson Peak (wasn't happening) for reasons I couldn't figure out, and is now *dying* to see Heart of the Sea from which I've figured out that she basically just wants to know what Loki and Thor are up to when they aren't being deities. I have to give her props for being on top of her actors.

Not a super-exciting week, but better than last week, hopefully. Krampus turned out better than most of us were expecting, and unless it gets seriously revised downward I think we're going to have come in pretty low.

Please provide your 12/11 - 13 Opening Weekend predicts for:

Heart of the Sea

Legend (anyone know how many screens this is getting?)

Deadline is now going to be sometime between midnight Wednesday and Thursday midmorning (US Eastern time), depending on when I get to it.

I think that I read that it is only expanding to 450 theaters somewhere.

Lol, you might be right. That having been said, the first week or two were really high. Its in the speadsheet, but I cant get it here. I'll post the record tomorrow and I'll also start looking into hosting the file somewhere so everyone can look at it.

edit - 450, eh? Hmm. Well, if its that low other sites might not predict for it in which case I'll take it out retroactively.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Yeah, Legend isn't going "wide" wide.

I'm still gonna see In the Heart of the Sea but yes, it does seem like no one cares at all about it. WB likely isn't expecting an opening any better than their other Big Bombs of Their Terrible 2015, nor should they.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DAJK said:

Those are really going to mess with our averages.

Yeah, but they'll do wonders for our stndev's since its a square function. Plus, you'd be surprised at how often the semi-troll-y predicts (though, honestly, its more the lowballs than the high balls) end up being the best predicts, or close.

Edit - Oh, I almost forgot. Since BourneFan asked, our top 5 most predicted movies so far have been:

1. Minions - 47 (It was the the very first week, and still stands as one of our best predicts to boot)

2t. Self/Less - 43 (Also first week)

2t. The Gallows - 43 (Guess which week it was? Also one of our best predicts)

4. Fantastic 4 - 38 (Not sure which week it was, but not one of the first few. Really, really not one of our best predicts)

5. Ant-Man - 37 

Bottom 5 predicted movies:

1. A Walk in the Woods - 8 (The old people walking one)

2. Transporter Refueled - 9 (Same weekend as the old people A Walk)

3t. The Walk - 11 (The people walking on wires one, IMAX opening)

3t. Everest - 11 (Wide opening)

5.  My All American - 12

Oh, and the median number of predictors is 20 and the mean is about 21.

The Transporter one is kinda not like the rest. I guess it was just a really, really boring weekend.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1