#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Dude, we all remember.  That weekend was one of the greatest of all time just for sheer hilarity.

From Brandon Gray:

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

Didn't you send them a letter on this? Or was that something else.

1 minute ago, KATCH-2D2 said:

I don't think 250m is even in play but 245m is already a nice semi-round number.:)

Fri would have to be under-estimated for 250 to be in play I would guess.  

What was @Rth 's final Friday prediction?

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Dude, we all remember.  That weekend was one of the greatest of all time just for sheer hilarity.

From Brandon Gray:

* Note: Revenge of the Fallen's weekend gross fell $3 million short of Paramount's Sunday estimate, which would have put the five-day opening at $198.2 million. Though shy of $200 million, it would have still ranked second among the all time five-day starts. However, Paramount revised its grosses from Wednesday and Thursday upward, and that's what pushed the total past $200 million. Wednesday went from $60.6 million to $62.0 million, and Thursday went from $28.6 million to $29.1 million. Paramount reported that the differences came from unreported showings from the movie's midnight openings on Wednesday night, which went from the previously reported $16 million at around 3,000 theaters to $16.8 million at close to 3,300 theaters, as well as late reports from institutional IMAX locations and theaters in Puerto Rico and some Caribbean islands (which the studio counts in its domestic numbers), which accounted for $1.1 million of the difference.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2601&p=.htm

62909.jpg

• Like 11

Just now, TalismanRing said:

No asterisk for T4 but everyone knows Paramount did the same thing for it's O/W to hit $100m last year.

It was even better when the weekday numbers started coming in lower than reported to make up the fudge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

Didn't you send them a letter on this? Or was that something else.

I spoke to Brzndon about it, yes and I also asked Mario Kassar on Facebook about it and he just basically replied that all studios fudge and in the industry it's no big deal.  I don't have the email anymore (it got deleted somehow years ago) but I did post it in the forums.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Fri would have to be under-estimated for 250 to be in play I would guess.  

What was @Rth 's final Friday prediction?

He went with something around 125 I think unless there's another update after that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cory said:

Nothing is ever hitting ROTJ's adjusted PTA at this rate.

Woah, ROTJ adjusts to $60,800 per theatre without 3D or IMAX and without previews.  And probably with a fair number of children as well.  How the heck did that happen?

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

I spoke to Brzndon about it, yes and I also asked Mario Kassar on Facebook about it and he just basically replied that all studios fudge and in the industry it's no big deal.  I don't have the email anymore (it got deleted somehow years ago) but I did post it in the forums.

Which brings us to TFA, how important is the Saturday record?