#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Some quick thoughts before I am off to my see family and friends in London Ontario..two hour drive...seeing SW at noon with my brother.

This is a great time to be a movie lover and to love to track the box office.

This is the bohemoth we all thought it could be, but never thought it would be this big

When original predictions came out 2-3 years ago, Salacious Tree was basically told she was nuts for making the over Avatar thread.  With a "smallish" multiplier for the holidays, it gets to 800.  All of the Hobbits got at least a 3.5X over the holidays and they weren't exactly universally loved by fans.  IMHO, 3.5X is the floor for TFA.

We always knew Star Wars was enormous in North america, but it's proving to be equally big ion many regions in the world.  The UK is doing huge business, so is Oz and many others.

2 billion looks very achievable, without China

This has followed a similar pattern to TDK in a way.  Sort of Avatar too, in terms of drops.  This bodes well for a 30 million weekdays and then a huge boost on Friday and Saturday.  It really should be close to 500 by the 27th.

If anyone truly believes that this is missing 600, you don't follow the box office.  3.5X should be hit, but even if it were to only have a 3X..ala Jurassic World, it would do 750

I fucking love Star Wars and I love following the  box office with all of you.

giantcalbears, I'll expect my 25.00 to mailed out today.

Off to London....take care all

I have no likes left, but great post and enjoy your time with family and friends :) 

• Like 1

$40 million ($290 million) 

$36.5 million ($326.5 million) 

$32 million ($358.5 million) 

$27 million ($385.5 million)

$62 million ($447.5 million) 

$67 million ($514.5 million) 

$52 million ($566.5 million)

$36.5 million ($603 million)

$34 million ($637 million)

$31 million ($668 million)

$29.5 million ($697.5 million)

$24,5 million ($722 million) 

$53 million ($775 million) 

$45 million ($820 million) 

$30 million ($850 million)

$850 million by January 3rd is the dream 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So who is right. CNN or Gitesh 

Do you not pay attention?  CNN reports the numbers.....RTH (our guy ) and Gitesh have the numbers.  

• Like 6

Just now, mahnamahna said:

$40 million ($290 million) 

$36.5 million ($326.5 million) 

$32 million ($358.5 million) 

$27 million ($385.5 million)

$62 million ($447.5 million) 

$67 million ($514.5 million) 

$52 million ($566.5 million)

$36.5 million ($603 million)

$34 million ($637 million)

$31 million ($668 million)

$29.5 million ($697.5 million)

$24,5 million ($722 million) 

$53 million ($775 million) 

$45 million ($820 million) 

$30 million ($850 million)

$850 million by January 3rd is the dream 

You are saying New Years Eve will make more money than New Years Day?

2 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So who is right. CNN or Gitesh 

I do not really care for the moment as also CNN states the OW ww is broken (ww is nor OS!)#But for my statistics... I'll add the correct numbers when available

4 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

JW has the OS OW record.;)

JW OS OW = $316,102,740

To know the real OS OW for SW 7 we have to wait till it is released in all countries, they'll add up those numbers for the final tally

But I think if Hong Kong... is typical (not always!), than China doesn't look good (see also the releases of the previous movies in China around 10 years backl also not good)

But I'll never underestimate the possibilities of advertising, WOM and so on.... so I'll wait and see, as usual.

Hollywood Reporter also says $247m

The movie's worldwide opening is now pegged at $528 million, ahead of the record-setting $524.9 million global launch of Jurassic World this summer. Sunday's estimate for Force Awakens was $517 million, including a record-breaking $238 million in North America. Now, the film's domestic launch looks to be right around $247 million.

Just now, terrestrial said:

Hollywood Reporter also says $247m

The movie's worldwide opening is now pegged at $528 million, ahead of the record-setting $524.9 million global launch of Jurassic World this summer. Sunday's estimate for Force Awakens was $517 million, including a record-breaking $238 million in North America. Now, the film's domestic launch looks to be right around $247 million.

the 247 is a Disney estimate from earlier this morning. whereas we're not looking at revised estimates, we're looking at actuals.