#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

8 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

And giantcalbear

I cannot get into my messages right now as I am travelling. But I don't need your money but. I know you are good for it so let's just call it even. All I need from you is for you to say nice call baumer. I will in return date merry christmas buddy and it was a fun bet

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Yeah I've stated this too multiple times, sell the news on the release is the catalyst today though. There is nothing else other than a downgrade which happened Friday morning. It happens all the time, the cable unit & theme parks are definitely more important than SW BUT leveraging SW into all of that media is a huge boom for their properties right now.

hmmm, paying an account for a month or so to help the forum?

The End of the Tour    $3,688    -13%    3    -2    $1,229    $3,000,487
Amy (2015)    $934    -21%    2    -1    $467    $8,406,687

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Not sure if you're serious. We just had 250M OW in December and most movies drop 40-45% so we're looking at 35-40M Monday.

Right, but no movie has ever done 60M on a December Sunday. Don't get me wrong, I hope you're right. Lets not get ahead of ourselves though...

5 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lucas screwed up a bit or his accountant did. Should've gotten at least $5-$10b out of Disney.

No he didn't.  He took the 4 Billion and took the Shares in the company making him #2 shareholder of Disney.   He will get a writing credit on every single future Star Wars movies based on him creating the characters.   George Lucas is still making money off Star Wars including "The Force Awakens" and all future films.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Lucas screwed up a bit or his accountant did. Should've gotten at least $5-$10b out of Disney.

He got 2B in shares which have doubled in price since so I wouldn't worry too much about Lucas.

1 minute ago, #ED2-D2 said:

It was a fire sale for sure.

Are you honestly going to tell me Fox or Time Warner wouldn't want those merchandising rights at a very least? No wonder Iger is so happy in that picture when Lucas signs it over. He cared wayyyy too much over who would take it forward but I guess legacy does mean more than $ to some. His famous mega divorce shows he thinks with his heart often. $2b in Disney stock when it was in the $80s I think isn't too shabby either. Just should've got more.

Done:
A24, Rialto, Eros, Arcade, GKIDS, Picturehouse, Atlas

Freestyle
The Letters    $9,130    -97%    16    -763    $571    $1,612,130
The Man in 3B    $443    -85%    1    -5    $443    $291,145

34 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of hate for this, but this movie doesn't deserve to beat Avatar. Unlike Star Wars, Avatar was built on pure word of mouth, almost no hype upon release. TFA is from a  franchise continuing from a 40 year legacy, hype was inevitable. What Avatar did is to be respected in my opinion. 

Stay in your upset corner while the rest of us celebrate this historic weekend and run.

AHQvzsi.gif

Edited by Rey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

Done:
A24, Rialto, Eros, Arcade, GKIDS, Picturehouse, Atlas

Freestyle
The Letters    $9,130    -97%    16    -763    $571    $1,612,130
The Man in 3B    $443    -85%    1    -5    $443    $291,145

I...don't...

Can you explain what you mean by done?

5 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

No he didn't.  He took the 4 Billion and took the Shares in the company making him #2 shareholder of Disney.   He will get a writing credit on every single future Star Wars movies based on him creating the characters.   George Lucas is still making money off Star Wars including "The Force Awakens" and all future films.  

The "created by" credit is vanity only -- you don't get residuals on that. But it's not like he needs the money, and everyone knows SW is his baby. :lol: 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Nope, that one came a month and a half later, remember?  

Lol, I'm pretty sure it was OW, that Saturday, the east coast was snowed in. At least here in Northern Virginia it was!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2632&p=.htm

Edited by Jim Shorts

1 hour ago, mahnamahna said:

$40 million ($290 million) 

$36.5 million ($326.5 million) 

$32 million ($358.5 million) 

$27 million ($385.5 million)

$62 million ($447.5 million) 

$67 million ($514.5 million) 

$52 million ($566.5 million)

$36.5 million ($603 million)

$34 million ($637 million)