#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

3 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Some quick thoughts before I am off to my see family and friends in London Ontario..two hour drive...seeing SW at noon with my brother.

This is a great time to be a movie lover and to love to track the box office.

This is the bohemoth we all thought it could be, but never thought it would be this big

When original predictions came out 2-3 years ago, Salacious Tree was basically told she was nuts for making the over Avatar thread.  With a "smallish" multiplier for the holidays, it gets to 800.  All of the Hobbits got at least a 3.5X over the holidays and they weren't exactly universally loved by fans.  IMHO, 3.5X is the floor for TFA.

We always knew Star Wars was enormous in North america, but it's proving to be equally big ion many regions in the world.  The UK is doing huge business, so is Oz and many others.

2 billion looks very achievable, without China

This has followed a similar pattern to TDK in a way.  Sort of Avatar too, in terms of drops.  This bodes well for a 30 million weekdays and then a huge boost on Friday and Saturday.  It really should be close to 500 by the 27th.

If anyone truly believes that this is missing 600, you don't follow the box office.  3.5X should be hit, but even if it were to only have a 3X..ala Jurassic World, it would do 750

I fucking love Star Wars and I love following the  box office with all of you.

giantcalbears, I'll expect my 25.00 to mailed out today.

Off to London....take care all

have a great time in London !! with family and friends !! :)

Marek

I meant to post some of these tweets from earlier this morning. But here goes Monday. While we're waiting for actuals.

Gedrith @Gedrith 4 minutes ago

So I went an hour early to get in line for Star Wars. It is already crowded. Should have known

Rick McMaster @drkold 15 minutes ago  (Austin, TX)

It's Monday and the line for Star Wars VII is still long.

Embedded image permalink

Angerday @Angerday1 47 minutes ago

DID EVERYONE ELSE THINK NO ONE WOULD SEE STAR WARS ON A MONDAY? SERIOUSLY LONG LINE? DONT THESE OLD PEOPLE HAVE JOBS!? IM 12 AT HEART. WAAH

Casey Crowell @kaiminoeau 55 minutes ago

I even waited until Monday to see Star Wars and there was still a line. At 10am

Don Roberts @LCPastorDon 1 hour ago

One of 9000 people in line for star wars, in the rain, having a blast!

James Olipha Brentwood, CA

There is a FUCKING LINE ON A MONDAY MORNING IN THE RAIN FOR @ AMC Brentwood 14 t @

We're about 200th in line on a Monday morning to see .

• Like 12

Just now, ecstasy said:

I meant to post some of these tweets from earlier this morning. But here goes Monday. While we're waiting for actuals.

Gedrith @Gedrith 4 minutes ago

So I went an hour early to get in line for Star Wars. It is already crowded. Should have known

Rick McMaster @drkold 15 minutes ago  (Austin, TX)

It's Monday and the line for Star Wars VII is still long.

Embedded image permalink

Angerday @Angerday1 47 minutes ago

DID EVERYONE ELSE THINK NO ONE WOULD SEE STAR WARS ON A MONDAY? SERIOUSLY LONG LINE? DONT THESE OLD PEOPLE HAVE JOBS!? IM 12 AT HEART. WAAH

Casey Crowell @kaiminoeau 55 minutes ago

I even waited until Monday to see Star Wars and there was still a line. At 10am

Don Roberts @LCPastorDon 1 hour ago

One of 9000 people in line for star wars, in the rain, having a blast!

James Olipha Brentwood, CA

There is a FUCKING LINE ON A MONDAY MORNING IN THE RAIN FOR @ AMC Brentwood 14 t @

We're about 200th in line on a Monday morning to see .

40M Monday is coming. 

• Like 3

• Community Manager

For those who think Lucas got paid too little...I don't think Lucas cares. He got billions of dollars. He already had more more money than he knew what to do with and now? Now his whole family is pretty much set for the next couple generations. Like I don't think he's complaining. I don't think he's going "well I should have asked for more money!" I think he's really happy with the deal anyways.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

So what will Monday look like? I had it pegged for 40M but perhaps higher?

40M is the target. Anything over 35M is a massive victory.

The record is 27M and it stands there for 12 years. It will fall. 

• Like 2