#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, spizzer said:

These two things are incompatible.  It's looking at 68-70M on Friday.  Staying flat would get it to 197M, so it would need an 83M Sunday to go over 280M.

You're right my math was off. I was thinking it had made 85-90 mil without previews.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I don't see how it goes under 280+ mil ow. Star Wars is such a huge novelty. See it staying flat minus previews from yesterday. 

Would need to jump about 16% from a true $70m Friday to have any chance at the $280m weekend you mentioned. $250m looks very good though. 

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Who of the new cast do you guys think will be the Harrison Ford of the group (in terms of movie career feasibility/longevity beyond the Star Wars behemoth)? Ridley, Boyega, or Isaac?

Isaac.

• Like 4

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

With 240+ million, can the admissions argument be over for what had the biggest weekend.

I know previews, but I think with SW7 we know the 57 million would have just went into midnights and Friday Day.

Depends on the 3D share.  Previews were only 45% overall (10% IMAX) and if that holds, it probably only needed 235 to do it.  Let's wait till full weekend estimates tomorrow when they report the splits (need to know PLF as well).  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Who of the new cast do you guys think will be the Harrison Ford of the group (in terms of movie career feasibility/longevity beyond the Star Wars behemoth)? Ridley, Boyega, or Isaac?

BB-8.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Isaac already has a very respectable career, so he'll be fine. I'd be surprised if the other two broke out in anything beyond SW, but that's more indicative of how huge the franchise is rather than their talent.

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Adam Driver is also one of the main new cast members. I would say Ridley is gonna have a good career. Isaac already has one. Not sure about Driver or Boyega. 

1 minute ago, spizzer said:

Depends on the 3D share.  Previews were only 45% overall (10% IMAX) and if that holds, it probably only needed 235 to do it.  Let's wait till full weekend estimates tomorrow when they report the splits (need to know PLF as well).  

To me, even if it matches TA/SM3 and TDK considering this is not the most favourable weekend to set weekend records...

I think its already epic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

This guy:

:apocalypse:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, spizzer said:

Laser or 15/70?

I know the answer, but how was Laser anyway?

:D Laser was very good. I can't remember if you told me if you've seen a movie in Laser, but the 3D is the best around. There was some cool shots (one in particular got the crowd oohing and aahing), but it didn't add a ton.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

To me, even if it matches TA/SM3 and TDK considering this is not the most favourable weekend to set weekend records...

I think its already epic. 

Of course it's incredible. But it's also likely playing on 5,000 more screens than SM3 and 6,000 more than TDK. One wonders what they would have done with a 2015 screen count. 

• Like 2