#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

From my phone. Driving by beforehand.  The building with the check pattern is the IMAX theatre.  TFA poster is obscured by the "60" sign.

DXtYEIe.jpg

Walking back across the Harbour Bridge afterwards. 

gkqfp4m.jpg

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Damien Spock said:

It'll probably have too much of a lead after the previews for that to happen.

Just saying that it could go to Ultron pace after previews and get the record

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Walk ups don't matter for previews.  Obviously business is mostly from sellouts, that's always been the case.  Tomorrow and Saturday are when we need to focus on walk up business (though Friday presales also look like they're record level).  

• Like 1

Final sellout count from 40 Chicago Theaters:

589 showtimes

139 sellouts

61 sellouts at other times during the weekend

Important Note: One theater, the Studio Movie Grill, has their website down. They probably have more than 4 showtimes and 1 sellout, but I ended up using archive data from two weeks ago for them as otherwise it'd be impossible.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

REALLY wish they would start doing damn 2D IMAX options. Some people would shell out for IMAX, but cant for health reasons. And some are just cheapasses. 

Either way. Really dissapointing.

This is why I like theater brand large format. Santikos Palladium West Houston has 6 screens that are 85 feet wide with Dolby Atmos sound. 5 of the 6 screens are 2D while only one is 3D. Their brand is called "AVX."

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

Final sellout count from 40 Chicago Theaters:

589 showtimes

139 sellouts

61 sellouts at other times during the weekend

Important Note: One theater, the Studio Movie Grill, has their website down. They probably have more than 4 showtimes and 1 sellout, but I ended up using archive data from two weeks ago for them as otherwise it'd be impossible.

Is this a record? more than AOU TA or JW or TDKR?

Imo we are witness a week end history no matter how this week end end it's historic:)

Someone said he has never seen hype in theater since SPiderman lol :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

This is why I like theater brand large format. Santikos Palladium West Houston has 6 screens that are 85 feet wide with Dolby Atmos sound. 5 of the 6 screens are 2D while only one is 3D. Their brand is called "AVX."

How's the price difference?  Here I see Arclight's WS w/Atmos, AMC's ETX, Starplex's ILX, Regal's RPX, Rave's Xtreme, Cinemark's XD, and a couple others.

I've only tried ETX, currently the price is $18.59 for ETX and $19.59 for IMAX at the same theater, so it doesn't help cost-wise very much.

• Like 1