#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Finally got our tickets - we are dependent on Babysitters in order to make such plans, but Imax on Saturday done! We have a theater in the OKC area that does reserved seating (AMC) but literally tried to find a show all weekend and couldn't find 2 seats together - never saw that before even with big openers like AOU and JW

• Like 3

It beat the previous opening day record in New Zealand by 50%.  The previous record holder, The Avengers, was also on a public holiday.

Smashed the New Zealand opening day record.

The new Star Wars movie, Star Wars: The Force Awakens, has smashed New Zealand opening day box office records, taking in $1,567m in day one ticket sales.

Star Wars' New Zealand distributor, Sony Pictures, revealed the figures on Friday, saying they had smashed the previous record, set by The Avengers, which opened on April 25 2012, and collected $1,020m on its first day in cinemas.

The Force Awakens was quick on to Kiwi screens, premiering in Los Angeles on December 14 (December 15 New Zealand time), holding its Kiwi premiere on Wednesday December 16, and then opening that night in screens across the country with midnight viewings for the most dedicated fans. It opened at 104 locations, on 203 screens - and there were 66 midnight screenings available.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/75256323/star-wars-the-force-awakens-sets-new-kiwi-box-office-record

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 2

FUCK!!! I have two awesome tickets at AMC Metreon Imax and now I can't go due to work...

Told my fiance expecting some sympathy and all she could say was if she could take both and go see it with her friend...

Et tu Ella?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

FUCK!!! I have two awesome tickets at AMC Metreon Imax and now I can't go due to work...

Told my fiance expecting some sympathy and all she could say was if she could take both and go see it with her friend...

Et tu Ella?

She's definitely a keeper.  Has her priorities in order.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

She's definitely a keeper.  Has her priorities in order.

Yea she is...I will give to her...she's promised to go see it with me again

I swear though, if she blurbs some spoilers in bed tonight there's are gonna be hell to pay...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Et tu Ella?

If this were a sitcom, I would tell you to hire an out of work actor to go to work playing the role of you, while you go to the movies. But then hijinks would ensue, and somehow the actor would go to the movie and you would end up at work. Still might be worth a shot.

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Orestes said:

If this were a sitcom, I would tell you to hire an out of work actor to go to work playing the role of you, while you go to the movies. But then hijinks would ensue, and somehow the actor would go to the movie and you would end up at work. Still might be worth a shot.

Nahh if this were a sitcom...I would fake a sickness to watch this with my gorgeous finance who is dressing as Leia in Empure Strikes Back as we speak...

However, I would then run into my boss and/or coworker at the movie theater which makes me hide myself...hijinks would ensue...

Hmm on second thought... maybe I should try?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Nahh if this were a sitcom...I would fake a sickness to watch this with my gorgeous finance who is dressing as Leia in Empure Strikes Back as we speak...

However, I would then run into my boss and/or coworker at the movie theater which makes me hide myself...hijinks would ensue...

Hmm on second thought... maybe I should try?

Walking out of my screening last night there was a women in a very well done Rey outfit.

2 hours early. 

IMAG1033_zpsnm0zyfkr.jpg

11 of the 24 are showing SW. . More will switch over. . 2 of the 4 big theaters are rented out. 

They did it real nice. All tth big theaters they skipped a showtime so no lines. Walk right in 2 hours early.  

50 + people waiting for IMAX show in 6 hours 

• Like 6