#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Yeah I think 135ish from a 50 Christmas Day. 

It is not gonna decrease on Saturday and Sunday will see a soft drop because of the holidays. If it does 50M on Christmas day, it is gonna do at least 150M on the weekend.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spizzer said:

I'd expect a soft decline on Boxing Day, 130s for the weekend.

I don't know, Sherlock was the only thing to really decrease last time Boxing Day was on Saturday. But then we're talking about numbers that are DOUBLE what Avatar and Sherlock achieved, so who knows. I think at the moment I'm more confident in $45M for Christmas, and then Boxing Day will be the real 50+ monster.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Oh, like I said to Tele yesterday, I'm not saying it's locked to beat Avatar, but if you take into consideration the time of year it is, how much it's liked, the fact that it's star wars, and a few other factors, a 3.5X seems reasonable.

I absolutely agree but those numbers... are too magnificent to be true. Can you imagine if this goes over 800M, let alone 875M or 1B? This place will explode :lol: 1B DOM and Avatar WW record might go down.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Remember, Avatar did roughly $400 million after it's holiday weekends.  So whatever you think TFA is going to do for the next three weekends, tack on at least $200 mil for the rest of it's run.

I think it will be around 600m by the end of its 3rd weekend, so 800m+ finish. :bop:

Just now, CJ Ren said:

I absolutely agree but those numbers... are too magnificent to be true. Can you imagine if this goes over 800M, let alone 875M or 1B? This place will explode :lol: 1B DOM and Avatar WW record might go down.

Someone will find a way to shit on it still.  Somehow someway someone will try to downplay it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I think it will be around 600m by the end of its 3rd weekend, so 800m+ finish. :bop:

This won't be like Avatar after the holidays are over.

Also, it might be over 500M by next Sunday. I am thinking 650M by the time January 3 comes around.

Just now, Ozymandias said:

I think we should wait for weekday numbers first before talking about 1 billion though.  If Mon + Tues + Wed are all 35m+, then its possible.

No one here is saying 1 billion is in play.  All I said is a reasonable multiplier based on several factors, is 3.5.  But if it manages that elusive 4X, then a billion is in play....a lot of X factors there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

This won't be like Avatar after the holidays are over.

Also, it might be over 500M by next Sunday. I am thinking 650M by the time January 3 comes around.

But he's right about $200m. JW and Avengers both made $250m after their $100m second weekends. This would be a $100m+ third weekend for TFA. Hard to imagine it couldn't manage another $200-250m. 

• Like 1

Those Fucking Wall Street guys ...

While we believe the strength of Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (estimated at $2.6 bn in global box office) will lead to Disney modestly exceeding consensus expectations for fiscal (Sept) 2016 earnings, we now believe consensus earnings are too high for FY2017 and far too high for FY2018. We believe if Star Wars Episode VII does not exceed $2.0 billion in worldwide box office revenue, Disney will miss our FY2016 and consensus earnings estimates as well.

:rolleyes: