#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

A lot of places have school today, but I'm still predicting it to be pretty much flat on Saturday, give or take 5%.

With the current range estimated, though, it looks like $250m+ may very well happen. We are through the fucking rabbit hole. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

It's going to break the OW record in 2 days. Holy fucking fuck. This total weekend record is also being obliterated. This won't be broken for 25 years.

If Episode VIII is as good as this and has a good cliffhanger, Episode IX might.

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Someone at KJ brought up a good point. What if the $57m preview number is only 7 PM to 11:59 PM and everything after midnight is part of that $43m matinee number? Might help explain it and also would make the $57m preview number even more incredible.

So 1 less hour than DH2?

I was just going to comment on the 57 million previews...yeah that's not going to be broken again for a long time. That's insane enough. The only thing that could do these types of numbers would be Avatar 2 or maybe the next Star Wars. Batman V. Superman won't do it. The next Avengers won't. I mean this was really the perfect storm. Harry Potter held that for so long, so to crush it like that, just wow.

And hearing those estimates...holy shit. Let's hope they end up being true and it doesn't fall through the night like Avengers AOU did. I have a feeling this is going to be much much stronger though.

• Like 1