AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

My first post on this was :

Oh, JJ, have you done ?

I knew a shitstrom was coming, a massive one, almost as bit as the PT but for very different reasons.

I still can't believe they went THAT far on the remake thing, it boggles the mind really.

Besides characters' interactions and character' personalities, it is a remake of ANH from top to bottom.

Also, as other people pointed out, it felt very small in scope & scale, hate the PT all you want but those movies felt big & epic.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Will this remind me of the OT

I just want it to be something new.

Nothing new. Ok, maybe a few things here and there, but mostly A New Hope remake. 

• Like 1

Just now, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I've explained it a couple of times, but it's just natural for a lot of people to feel that way for a movie that's generating as much hype as this is and actually living up to it.. They see the movie, the defense mode kicks in afterwards in an effort to cool that hype.. Problem is, is really, outside this site, it's actually getting overwhelming positive reaction.. It's just the way it is.. Pretty much, no movie that comes out after this will measure up at the box office and it's true and that bothers some deep down, but you know what?? It's just too damn bad now isn't it???

Just stop it BKB, you haven't even seen the film yet.

• Like 5

Just now, The Futurist said:

My first post on this was :

Oh, JJ, have you done ?

I knew a shitstrom was coming, a massive one, almost as bit as the PT but for very different reasons.

I still can't believe they went THAT far on the remake thing, it boggles the mind really.

Besides characters' interactions and character' personalities, it is a remake of ANH from top to bottom.

Also, as other people pointed out, it felt very small in scope & scale, hate the PT all you want but those movies felt big & epic.

Yep hate the prequels all you want but no one can deny that they were epic in nature, if nothing more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I've explained it a couple of times, but it's just natural for a lot of people to feel that way for a movie that's generating as much hype as this is and actually living up to it.. They see the movie, the defense mode kicks in afterwards in an effort to cool that hype.. Problem is, is really, outside this site, it's actually getting overwhelming positive reaction.. It's just the way it is.. Pretty much, no movie that comes out after this will measure up at the box office and it's true and that bothers some deep down, but you know what?? It's just too damn bad now isn't it???

Why do you have to come up with conspiracy theories for everything?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Are the mods just deleting non spoiler reactions now? :mellow:

In the non-spoiler threads, yep. If you guys are right that this is pretty much a remake of ANH, the spoiler policy will be amusing in hindsight. You would think they are guarding the secrets of the most original movie ever released.

• Like 2

I had no problems with the scale thing. But I guess you guys are right. The space battles on the Independence Day trailer seem to be far bigger than the ones on The Force Awakens. :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, CJ Ren said:

I had no problems with the scale thing. But I guess you guys are right. The space battles on the Independence Day trailer seem to be far bigger than the ones on The Force Awakens. :lol:

I cannot think of a more unnecessary movie than a sequel to Independence Day. If there was ever a reason to not have a franchise, it was that movie. In theory should be a one-off deal.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

I cannot think of a more unnecessary movie than a sequel to Independence Day. If there was ever a reason to not have a franchise, it was that movie. In theory should be a one-off deal.

I am ready for Roland to Roland me next Summer. It will be his ultimate masterpiece.

• Like 1

Cause most of the time, they're spot on.. What I've said makes perfect sense and like I said, it happens with every movie and did so with JW.. It's just that when movies make a lot of $$$$$ like JW and TA did and now this, for some reason, people just see it as a threat deep down and just want to watch the world burn over it(see what I did there??):P

JW was hardly a great movie and neither is the new SW unfortunately, its not like its beyond the realms of possibility that people won't like these films. Believe me, i wanted nothing more than to LOVE this film.

This is all academic though as you haven't even seen the film yet so you shouldn't be trying to shoot down peoples opinions.

• Like 1

Cause most of the time, they're spot on.. What I've said makes perfect sense and like I said, it happens with every movie and did so with JW.. It's just that when movies make a lot of $$$$$ like JW and TA did and now this, for some reason, people just see it as a threat deep down and just want to watch the world burn over it(see what I did there??):P

No, the reality is that TFA is just a remake of ANH by JJ Abrams, with all that implies including everything thats usually bad about his movies.