AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

2 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

But Luke's the maguffin.. That's he whole point, right???

He is but the movie forgets that after 1 hour and only remembers it at the very end. The ending are... I don't have words.

After sleeping on the movie I  think it only gets wors. Like if R2-D2 wasn't the biggets asshole in the galaxy they would have found luke after two minutes.

Kaylo Ren is a sensitive teenager, everytime somthing dosen't go his way he starts destroying machinery around him. Stormtroopers are in one scen almost laughing at his back.

It like a house with a beautiful exterior but it supporting walls are ready to go at any time

4/10

Edited by Haha
wrong word
  • Like 1

Just saw it. This films works as a bridge from the old and an introduction to the new. What more could you actually want. Do you realize this is the setup for the new trilogy and it had to accomplish so much and for the most part it works. You really are nitpicking if you expected more. I hold no great attachment to the original trilogy so maybe some things did not bother me like it would a true die hard of the franchise but in the end people they are simply two hour long movies, remember that.

8.3/10 or B+

1. ESB

2. TFA/ANH

3. ROTS

4. ROTJ

5. AoTC

6. TPM

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 4

It is an okay and sometimes good-great blockbuster.

On a technical level ist is amazing, characters, story and atmosphere are not that special, though. Some shots and cinematography are simply breathtaking.

Good mass entertainment that would be forgotten very soon if it wasn't for lightsabers, Han, Leia, Luke and the inevitable historic BO run.

They will have to be bolder with the next ones, though. This one really did bring "balance" to the franchise (which imho had more bad/average than good movies up until now) and doesn't suck. Maybe that is a success in itself.

Will see it again early next week, maybe it is easier to watch it with the initial inner excitement calmed down. After all, the OT lives from its re-watchability.

7/10

Edited by ShouldIBeHere
  • Like 2

Basically it's just one big fan-service and I don't really know what the story actually was about? 7-8/10 right now but have a feeling after few more months I'll be more negative towards this movie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haha said:

He is but the movie forgets that after 1 hour and only remembers it at the very end. The ending are... I don't have words.

After sleeping on the movie I  think it only gets wors. Like if R2-D2 wasn't the biggets asshole in the galaxy they would have found luke after two minutes.

Kaylo Ren is a sensitive teenager, everytime somthing dosen't go his way he starts destroying machinery around him. Stormtroopers are in one scen almost laughing at his back.

It like a house with a beautiful exterior but it supporting walls are ready to go at any time

4/10

Honestly I think that was Arndt's original idea to make whole movie about finding Luke and the first shot should have been Luke's hand and his lightsaber flying in the space. But then JJ arrived and made it A New Hope v2 AKA Star Wars Episode 6.5.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Don't be surprised... Whenever a movie garners a tremendous, TREMENDOUS amount of hype like this and actually lives up to it, it poses a threat to that poster's beloved franchise they're hoping and praying will be the all time great and pretty much from this point on, any blockbuster released in the future will look like a flop out the gate compared to how much $$$$ SW will make and some get butthurt over it and take their frustrations out on it by bagging on it and trying to discredit it in the reviews, like the 4/10 review..  No way this movie is a 4/10.. This shit Happens all the time.. Still doesn't change the fact the movie kicks ass and that'll never change...

For God's sake... for once you could just swallow such bullshit and accept that people have different opinions.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

Surprised at all the negativity in here. I absolutely loved this, everything I expected out of the movie and more! Rey was the biggest highlight, Daisy had a very promising career ahead of her after watching what she did in this. 

with all the hype, disappointing backlash is to be expected. When its plastered everywhere and hyped to be the biggest movie in history, people tend to forget that its just a movie, and expect a life changing experience. Blame marketing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Haha said:

+1. I generally liked the movie but IMO Kylo Ren was the weakest part. He doesn't even have half the screen presence of Darth Vader or Darth Maul and behaves exactly like an overly sensitive teenager. His mask was redundant because he kept taking it off all the time, and it was weird how much he looked like professor Snape. If you take away the scene where he kills Han Solo (which could have been done better), his role was about as significant as that of any generic stormtrooper. 

Han Solo, Ray, Finn and the new cute looking orange droid save the movie from the weak sauce that was Kylo-Ren. 

• Like 3

Helo priviledged people! One of the still waiting-to-see-SW hereby ask you to post a PM with opinions about music. No big spoilers please (something like "XXXs' theme is good", but not "music in the scene when Kylo perforates Han" - I don't want to hear anything about that anymore. :P ), and thank you for your messages. Obviously I'm not gona read this thread and searching that opinions for myself.

The only opinion that matters (from the RTM thread):

Fun, exciting, it has heart and a warmth to it that was sorely missing in the prequels, it has the tone and the physical look and feel of old Star Wars, as opposed to the shitty artificial videogame visuals of the prequels, with their boring overwhelming plastic CG. The cinematography is beautiful (there are some gorgeous shots in there). The action scenes are top-notch and don't feel over-the-top like in the prequels. The new characters are mostly great, although, in my opinion, none of them, with the possible exception of Rey (who steals the show), will become as iconic as, say, a Han Solo or Darth Vader. Kylo Ren is pretty cool tho. Also, there's real chemistry between the characters.

I think one of JJ's biggest accomplishments, however, which I didn't think he would be able to pull off, is recapturing the spirit of Star Wars. Some of my favorite moments are the ones early on with Rey (:wub:) alone on Jakku, scavenging and just trying to get by. It is in those moments that I feel the movie truly captures that sense of adventure and wonder being just over the horizon, of longing to matter and be someone.

On the negative side, story-wise it's not very original (the plot is too similar to A New Hope), and there are a few too many winks to the past. The movie also feels a bit rushed.

At the end of the day it's great entertainment, it brings Star Wars back with a bang and wipes away the bad taste left by the prequels. I'd say it's on par with Jedi, perhaps even better.

8.5 or 9/10

• Like 8