AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Don't worry, be happy. Just a movie after all. :)

I know. But, working in a cinema, for the next month or so I'm gonna hear nothing but people coming out of the cinema saying how great it was and how glad they are to have Star Wars back... that 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.... it's going to destroy me. But I shall have my revenge... one day...

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

let's not kid that. most people who are 'super excited' are gonna get basically what they want. everyone I saw this with gave it the biggest thumbs up. and then they got mad at me for killing their buzz and just saying it was "ok" on the ride home. 

I got that for saying it's a 9/10.

Yep I tapped that IMAX 3D screen !!!

weeeeee i lost my imax virginity and it was worth it ! B)lol

my spoilery review in a few words

WARNING  !!!! do not read unless you truly don't mind being spoiled ...or you've seen the movie ok 

Spoiler

"all families have their issues", this one like the kennedys has its fair share of black sheeps and goodie two-shoes kkk :ph34r:

12342679_10153261493576200_5331031034730

• Like 1

I do hope with Rian Johnson as director for the next film, they can take a few more risks. I liked it but I agree it was Star Wars-by the numbers at times but  there's nothing wrong with that and I really liked the new characters and I'm intrigued to see where it goes next. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

WOM will be toxic. Fans will only see this 3 times. It's just as good as Guardians of the Galaxy. No more, no less. This sucks. 

I don't know about toxic WOM but I don't think it's gonna be quite as well received as some people are hoping. I was planning to see it 15+ times, since I get unlimited free tickets whenever I want, but now that I've seen it and didn't really like it, I will likely only see it twice more - taking my friends, and taking my family.

3 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

WOM will be toxic. Fans will only see this 3 times. It's just as good as Guardians of the Galaxy. No more, no less. This sucks. 

Guardians had excellent WOM. I also suspect the general audience will be a lot more laid back about this than the fans. Even if it is a note-for-note remake/rehash of A New Hope as you guys are saying in this thread, the general audience will still eat it up big time.

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

There were trees everywhere. Never seen so many trees in a movie before. 
First tree planet: castle scene
Second tree planet: rebel base
Third tree planet: starkiller
Fourth tree planet: Luke's hiding place

I dreamed about trees last night. 
And woke up depressed. 

Ah yes. I forgot that most heinous of movie crimes. Too many trees. Obviously WOM will be abysmal.

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Living for these manic depressions reactions.

:stretcher::lol:

I would like to diagnose myself as a borderliner right now, please. And I would diagnose plenty of those others who were left empty and depressed as borderliners as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Here's a thought: Stop over thinking this folks.. It's pretty simple, from the sound of it, C-3P0 refers to her as Princess in a calling back to what he used to refer to her as, it's called NOSTALGIA and it works.. Get used to it or sit this trilogy out it sounds like??? It's as if you're over thinking it in an effort to find fault with it.. Just relax and enjoy it.. Not everything has to be: Who, what, where when and why all the time...

you are misreading what I've said:P

I enjoyed the movie and I will probably watch again next week. I nitpick this 2 things just to show that in reality I didn't had a single problem with the movie! It's great fun and I loved the characters (old and new), as a movie is very well crafted and entertaining! For now I give it an 9/10 

Yes the movie didn't reinvent the wheel, and so what?

7 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

I don't know about toxic WOM but I don't think it's gonna be quite as well received as some people are hoping. I was planning to see it 15+ times, since I get unlimited free tickets whenever I want, but now that I've seen it and didn't really like it, I will likely only see it twice more - taking my friends, and taking my family.

It'll still make a ton of money but I think Avatar's record will be untouched. Not that $1bn domestic were ever likely. 

It's exactly the movie you'd expect from Abrams. Obvious love for the source material, but too shallow to add any depth to what's already there. Too much action, too - though that won't hurt the box office.

Finn was an enjoyable presence. Rey wasn't. Ford was Ford, not Han Solo. Driver came across as a tetchy teen, which I guess was sort of the point, but I'd have been fine with his mask never coming off.

Edited by Hatebox
  • Like 1