AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

54 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I know I said I shouldn't think too much about this, but it did bug me that R2 came back to life for no apparent reason. Was there any explanation for that?

I think he looked at his watch and saw the movie had been on for 2 hours already.

Yeah, I just can't bring myself to give this a generous A grade if that's the closest anyone can come to an explanation. A convincing reason for R2 to turn back on would've gone a long way toward making the ending satisfying.

Thoughts on Rey being Kylo Ren's sister? Seems to make better sense than her being his cousin. Falcon's on her planet so she can conveniently use it. Han happens to pick them up. Han delivers her to Luke's saber so she can find it... If she's ready. Possibly hid her there when Ben Solo turned to protect her. Luke refused to train her young so she couldn't turn like Anakin and Ben... To make absolutely sure she was more light than dark. Ben Solo shows strange compassion, envy toward her...

Star Wars is nuclear familial ties not cousins.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

21 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seeing as how TFA is pretty much a rehash/remix of ANH and ESB, he should have no problem making it through that one. Take him to the theater Mr. Grinch. :P

Nah, this is way more intense. Maybe on home video.... the theatrical experience alone is still a bit overwhelming for him.

2 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Thoughts on Rey being Ren's sister? Seems to make better sense than cousin. Falcon's on her planet. Han happens to pick them up. Takes her to Luke's saber so she can find it. Possibly hid her there when Ben Solo turned. Couldn't go to Luke until he was sure she was more light than dark. Ben Solo shows strange compassion, envy toward her...

Rey is the Emporors illegitimate grandchild. All the relatives of the Emporor were being killed and Luke helped Rey's family hide her on Jakku. Now Rey must choose between embracing the Emporors darkness or the light of the Jedi.

I just made that shit up. But it could happen...

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

This movie is amazing. Fuck you all. This 2nd viewing made it even better in my eyes. I still have no clue where Han gets the explosives from but it doesn't matter.

he obviously got them from the Resistance before he left to blow up the shields ;) 

• Like 1