AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

4 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I know I said I shouldn't think too much about this, but it did bug me that R2 came back to life for no apparent reason. Was there any explanation for that?

I wanted an explanation for why he was powered down in the first place. The film made it sound like R2 was in sulking mode because of Luke leaving.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Anyone else heard this?

In the movie I swear Han yelled BEN!, but afterwards I could find no mention anywhere online of his name being Ben, and I figured my hearing is bad.

He absolutely yelled BEN, while on the walk way that lead to his death

• Like 4

Loved this. Favourite of the year (will likely be #1 on my list just because how much I love it) but I can still pick apart flaws. I had a few.

- rehash of episode 4. I kinda knew it going in, but some things toward the end were a bit too much

- attack on starkiller base should have been "new and improved" attack on The Desth Star, but I thought the OT did it better... 2 times

- I know they were "amateurs" of sorts but the lifesaber duels were underwhelming

- R2 waking up sans reason

- I know they'll go into it more, but I still know next to nothing about Snoke and the First Order

- a lot of these sorta relate to one bigger problem I had. This movie was a whole lot of setup, and so with a trilogy that should have 3 stories, this is already on track to have 2 1/2 stories just because I felt it was way heavy on exposition, and didn't reveal enough to for it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RichWS said:

I get the drift. I understand the drift. It just didn't work for me in that moment. Ultimately, being strong with the Force doesn't automatically make you a natural as a fighter to me.

True. If you think back to ANH, Luke was basically semi-incompetent at everything. Sure, people *said* he was a great pilot and a great shot, but he spends most of the first half of the movie getting saved by everyone and tripping over his own feet.

But the fight was messy as hell, she struggled a lot, she won thanx to her inner strength, spirit, courage and a little help from  Dad/Haunted Lightsaber/ The Force.Net.

She didn' t kill him either.

Be careful I am gotta pull a Water soon on this, don't test me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

But the fight was messy as hell, she struggled a lot, she won thanx to her inner strength, spirit, courage and a little help from  Dad/Haunted Lightsaber/ The Force.Net.

She didn' t kill him either.

Be careful I am gotta pull a Water soon on this, don't test me.

Also, it helped she got a DBZ powerup when she remembered to use the Force.

54 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I know I said I shouldn't think too much about this, but it did bug me that R2 came back to life for no apparent reason. Was there any explanation for that?

I think he looked at his watch and saw the movie had been on for 2 hours already.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Little Tele is still too young I presume ?

He will be ready for Ep 8 !!!

A little young, yeah... not just for the intensity, but sitting through and understanding a 2 hr 15 min movie that's pitched above his head, so to speak.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ep8 with him, if he wants. He already loves A NEW HOPE ("Star Wars where Princess Leia gets rescued and with Luke Skywalker") and EMPIRE ("the scary one with Evil Darth Vader and Luke fights a snow monster").

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

A little young, yeah... not just for the intensity, but sitting through and understanding a 2 hr 15 min movie that's pitched above his head, so to speak.

I'm looking forward to seeing Ep8 with him, if he wants. He already loves A NEW HOPE ("Star Wars where Princess Leia gets rescued and with Luke Skywalker") and EMPIRE ("the scary one with Evil Darth Vader and Luke fights a snow monster").

Seeing as how TFA is pretty much a rehash/remix of ANH and ESB, he should have no problem making it through that one. Take him to the theater Mr. Grinch. :P

12 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

All Movies should be seen with little Tele eyes.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3