AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

Saw it a 2nd time today and it was worse on 2nd time viewing. I still like it a lot and love rey/finn/poe/bb8 but the movie has too many almost awesome moments but makes some mistakes which stop it from achieving its full potential.

the whole movie did feel more

emotional this time round for me as I knew it was han's final adventure.

I am now ready to put it in a ranking of a sorts

ROTS > ROTJ > ANH > TFA > ESB > AOTC > TPM

*yeah my sw ranking aint typical and changes daily...like a few weeks ago ESB was ahead of ANH and ROTJ ahead or ROTS* ...on ROTS... My emotional connection to that film transcends most movies I have seen. It came at the in the middle of my teen years at the absolute peak of my star wars fanboyism and fulfilled all of my dreams in what had been an awful year of life. Since my first viewing my opinion on the film has decreased a bit but on the whole watching that film still makes me just feel awesome and I like every moment of it tbh! I guess I am disappointed in TFA as it didnt make me feel this....whereas the last theatrical star wars did...but that was an unfair expectation to have

Honestly though EP VIII has all the pieces in place to be the greatest film in the saga. The most important thing...setting up a cast of new likeable/interesting characters whoms story i wanna follow has been done by TFA

Edited by darthdevidem01
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Merkel said:

I think Rey is connected with the whole Force Awakening thing. It's even possible she wasn't Force Sensitive before said awakening. Like the Force chose her or something

Hmmm reminds me of what palpatine said about midichlorians being able to surround and implied them even being able to possess someone in that fab episode 3 scene where he talks of plagueis. 

Its hilarious how much this series is going to mirror the OT

- JJ was the Lucas laying the foundation recreating the sand box, style and tone. 

- Rian is going to come in and make an even better film that even all the critics will say is classic SW level further expanding the drama and lore. 

- Colin is gonna come in and do his job, won't stray too far but will be the weakest of the series. As proven though with Jurassic World he will deliver a fantastic 3rd act that will make people pretend they love it just as much as the other two. 

Edited by Jay Salahi
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jay Salahi said:

Its hilarious how much this series is going to mirror the OT

- JJ was the Lucas laying the foundation recreating the sand box, style and tone. 

- Rian is going to come in and make an even better film that even all the critics will say is classic SW level further expanding the drama and lore. 

- Colin is gonna come in and do his job, won't stray too far but will be the weakest of the series. As proven though with Jurassic World he will deliver a fantastic 3rd act that will make people pretend they love it just as much as the other two. 

Mah man Jay delivering the truth. And we will love it as a trilogy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

WAT

I'm not a Jurassic World fan, I couldn't even get through it on blu-ray, its heartbreaking actually, I don't think its an F like you but a solid C.  However everyone seemed to love the 3rd act and it was very crowd pleasing. I did enjoy the epic oner at the end though. 

Edited by Jay Salahi

I just hope Rian has something really interesting up his sleeve. I'm ok with the rehashed bits is this movie. It had to rebuild the universe and make us invested in the new characters (check and check). The next one can be very ESB rehashy if they are not careful though. There are certainly a ton of different directions it could go.

1 minute ago, Jay Salahi said:

I'm not a Jurassic World fan, I couldn't even get through it on blu-ray, its heartbreaking actually, I don't think its an F like you but a solid C.  However everyone seemed to love the 3rd act and it was very crowd pleasing. I did enjoy the epic oner at the end though. 

Besides doing the 2nd biggest movie of this decade, I believe they have chosen Trevorrow because he is a safe choice to deliver a crowd pleasing finale to the new trilogy. 

• Like 2

Just now, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

:lol: I don't think it's an F. But imma be really pissed if the third act of Ep9 is anything like JW. :ph34r:

And you will be in the 1% who don't like it :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 1

Tomato Watch:

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens

Reviews: 286
Fresh/Rotten: 270 Fresh / 16 Rotten Certified Fresh
94% Fresh / 6% Rotten
Average Rating: 8.3 / 10

Critics Consensus: Packed with action and populated

by both familiar faces and fresh blood,

The Force Awakens successfully recalls the series'

former glory while injecting it with renewed energy.

Cream of the Crop
Reviews: 47
Fresh/Rotten: 43 Fresh / 4 Rotten
91% Fresh / 9% Rotten
Average Rating: 8.3 / 10

The Force Awakens is 92% fresh with the users,

with a 4.3/5 average rating based on 141,021 reviews

post opening update

Edited by B J

Just now, CJ Ren said:

And you will be in the 1% who don't like it :ph34r::ph34r:

No no, you don't understand. There will be blood in the streets... the markets will collapse. It will be a time of chaos. Of ruined dreams. It will be a blaze which engulfs them all. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

No no, you don't understand. There will be blood in the streets... the markets will collapse. It will be a time of chaos. Of ruined dreams. It will be a blaze which engulfs them all. A whirlwind of looting, a firestorm of fear.

Just like in the Summer when ruined the Jurassic Park franchise... wait a minute :ph34r::ph34r:

• Like 2