AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

I finally saw it, and I don't want to skim through 89 pages to find out if anyone else mentioned this but...

Is Rey, Luke Skywalkers daughter? I only say this because, I remember in The Empire Strikes Back, when Luke was with Yoda, he had all those visions in the forest. The same thing happened to Rey when she held the lightsaber? 

Also, this might sound cheesy as fuck, but I wish the ending could've been a little better. In the sense of, instead of when Rey sees Luke and he doesn't say anything and the film just ends; Luke could've said something like, "You have much to learn..." or something like that. 

4 minutes ago, HeyItsMoses said:

I finally saw it, and I don't want to skim through 89 pages to find out if anyone else mentioned this but...

Is Rey, Luke Skywalkers daughter? I only say this because, I remember in The Empire Strikes Back, when Luke was with Yoda, he had all those visions in the forest. The same thing happened to Rey when she held the lightsaber? 

Also, this might sound cheesy as fuck, but I wish the ending could've been a little better. In the sense of, instead of when Rey sees Luke and he doesn't say anything and the film just ends; Luke could've said something like, "You have much to learn..." or something like that. 

11db2e8927f94540e06aceff20761504ae6f5ecb

• Like 3

Doesn't phase me in the least.  When a movie like this is pleasing the hell out of everyone, there will always be those who feel like they need to knock it down.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Baumer Fett said:

Doesn't phase me in the least.  When a movie like this is pleasing the hell out of everyone, there will always be those who feel like they need to knock it down.

The truth baumer is not because some idiots are saying. It's because the idiot that is saying I used to defend here and everywhere because I do think he is talented. It turns out that all the movies this guy does get very harsh reviews and I think that while he has some high concept ideas and I'd like to see him getting to write a Superman flick, he seems to think he's the best screenwriter there is and no one knows more than him, which sucks coming from a young screenwriter. 

You're right though, it's not about the film itself, it's just that I wish that we'd get a great Superman film one day and I do think he could deliver in the screenwriting department, but not as long as he's such a stupid and reckless loose cannon. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Klingo said:

If Gandalf can do it, Han Solo can.

lol. Gandalf was one of the Maiar with a direct line to Manwe and Eru Iluvatar, who have the cheat codes to revive the "angels" of Middle Earth if they so choose.

Han's a dude.

• Like 2

Well now that I have finally seen this as well, some of my thoughts on the movie:

The Good:

- The new characters Rey and Finn, really liked what both of them brought to the table. Acting and chemistry between them was superb. Rey is certainly one of my favorite characters of the franchise.

- Poe Dameron was sgood too, if a bit underutilized. I hope to see more of him in the sequels.

- The lightsaber battles were epic. They were like a marriage of the best aspects of both trilogies: battles that internalize significant relationships and character developments, but are at the same time stylishly filmed and choreographed without seeming to much like a dance showcase. I really enjoyed Finn's first battle against the stormtrooper too, where he is just barely keeping up. It looked exactly like how I'd expect someone with no lightsaber training and force sensitivty to fight and it made the threat seem real. I do think Rey was a bit too strong against Kylo; in a perfect world, she would've just barely escaped after Kylo tries to seduce her to the dark side, instead of cutting him down like that.

- THAT SAID THE MOMENT WHERE THE LIGHTSABER FLIES INTO REY'S HAND WAS EPIC; PURE MOVIE MAGIC

- Harrison Ford was pretty great in this, seemed like his heart was actually in this movie. Mark Hamill was good too; his role is tiny of course but I think they really nailed the old wise Jedi hermit look. I've heard a lot of hate against Carrie Fisher, but I think she was fine too.

- LOVED the scenes where Rey is alone in the base after captured. That battle of wills against Kylo was amazing, and the scene with Daniel Craig's stormtrooper was great.

- Character interactions in general were highly believable throughout, without exception; Han and Leia, Rey and Finn, REY AND KYLO, Poe and Finn all act like real human beings and emote.

The Bad:

- Did we seriously need another superweapon that's exactly like what we've seen but 5 times as deadly? I mean what's next, in episode VIII they build a new, larger version that destroys not 5 but 10 planets at once?

- Also the way the Republic fleet destroys Starkiller is lame, derivative, and almost distracting from the actually interesting fights going on inside.

- A little more political talk would not have hurt. It's obvious they evaded anything remotely political, but it's all a bit confusing if you think about it. How did the First Order rise from the Empire? Why does the Republic still act like rebels even though now apparently they are the established order?

- I like how General Snoke is gigantic at first and then turns out to be a projection, but I didn't like his design overall. Doesn't seem Star Wars-y to me.

Overall I thought the movie was exceptionally effective at handing over the franchise to the new characters, and it was a great thrill ride that really felt like Star Wars. I'll definitely want to go back and see it more times. For the next movies I'd like to see the calmer, character-driven scenes extended even a bit more; there's still plenty of action to go around as is.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Klingo said:

Nobody question about Gandalf falling and fighting a Balrog thousands of feet into the earth.  Or fighting for many months from underground to the top of the tallest mountain for many months!  As well as dying and sent back to fulfill his destiny!

Gandalf is pretty much a godlike character in LOTR, Han is just a dude.  It's not comparable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goldenstate5 said:

Just said a kind of sexist, trollish thing about the character of Rey. Probably wanted to be that edgy contrarian against TFA but did it in a horribly dumb way.

Why does anyone listen to him? Is he angry a woman cannot have a lot of force? Didn't Luke shoot up the death star in one shot on his own on his first flying mission? what does that make him?