AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

second time I saw the movie, the audience was hysterical throughout every scene in which Kylo Ren had no mask. The moment when he first takes the mask off, I've never heard a louder, more creepily hysterical reaction from an audience before; bigger laugh than in any comedy film I've seen. Suuuuuper weird.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

second time I saw the movie, the audience was hysterical throughout every scene in which Kylo Ren had no mask. The moment when he first takes the mask off, I've never heard a louder, more creepily hysterical reaction from an audience before; bigger laugh than in any comedy film I've seen. Suuuuuper weird.

That is just fucking weird. Nobody laughed in any of my shows.

• Like 11

Re: Kylo Looking weak in the fight at the end. They spent like 3 different scenes setting up how powerful Chewie's bowcaster was, they showed the blood in the snow twice, and he kept hitting the injury. Not sure what else they needed to do to stress it being a major hampering injury.

Its also pretty clear his emotions are all over the place after killing Han and not suddenly becoming more powerful. A pretty good job is done of setting up how emotionally unstable he is, and controlling the force is all about harnessing your emotion.

vs. Finn

I thought it was pretty clear we was just toying with him until Finn managed to score a hit, at which point he quickly ended it. Also confirm this is the case from a friend who read the novelization that makes the toying with him aspect explicit.

vs. Rey

He is trying to turn/recruit her at the start (also confirmed from the novel), and then she goes all Neo on him after allowing the force to flow. She clearly has fighting skills prior to this, also it seems like she was at the new jedi academy when the slaughter took place. So even if she isn't Luke's daughter she still may have had some training that was lost to her like those early memories either due to a mental barrier from the force or some sort of self inflicted forgetting in response to the traumatic event.

• Like 4

Just now, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Nobody laughed during my three showings.  Kylo is easily better villain than Maul, Dooku, Bobba Fett, and  Genral Grevious. 

Maul, Phasma, Bobba Fett and Grevious are all the same shit. Cool looking villains that are shit useless characters that do nothing.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

Maul, Phasma, Bobba Fett and Grevious are all the same shit. Cool looking villains that are shit useless characters that do nothing.

But they're so intimidating, CJohn

We need more one-dimensional, intimidating villains

Tired of these newfangled villains who are layered opposites to our heroes rather than video game obstacles

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Tired of these newfangled villains who are layered opposites to our heroes rather than video game obstacles

They are gonna do Darth Maul, Captain Phasma and Grevious origins movies, besides the Bobba Fett one, aren't they? Fucking Star Wars mega fanboys:kitschjob: 

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

No one is saying he should've been one dimensional. We're just saying he didn't have to show his face during the middle  of the movie. Not to mention his unmasking was so casual, I actually cringed. He looks goofy and weak. Couldn't take him seriously when he put the mask back on and continued with the amped voice. Not to mention he lost badly to a protagonist that just swung a  lightsaber for the 1st time. Don't see how anyone can defend this. 

Edited by Sagemode87

52 minutes ago, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

Two of my favorite parts of the movies:

The fact the Kylo was a damaged, conflicted, imperfect villain.  To try follow up what in many people's opinion is the greatest villain of all time (Vader) with a clone you will fail.   His development was and is going to be riveting.

Agreed.   I've seen Vader, kinda nice to have a different kind of villain.

20 minutes ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

In both my showings, half the audience jumped up, did a back flip, removed all their clothes, and threw popcorn at each other while drooling when C3PO showed up.    I thought that was kinda weird.   Must be the red arm.

9 minutes ago, Jiriki said:

Re: Kylo Looking weak in the fight at the end. They spent like 3 different scenes setting up how powerful Chewie's bowcaster was, they showed the blood in the snow twice, and he kept hitting the injury. Not sure what else they needed to do to stress it being a major hampering injury.

Its also pretty clear his emotions are all over the place after killing Han and not suddenly becoming more powerful. A pretty good job is done of setting up how emotionally unstable he is, and controlling the force is all about harnessing your emotion.

vs. Finn

I thought it was pretty clear we was just toying with him until Finn managed to score a hit, at which point he quickly ended it. Also confirm this is the case from a friend who read the novelization that makes the toying with him aspect explicit.

vs. Rey

He is trying to turn/recruit her at the start (also confirmed from the novel), and then she goes all Neo on him after allowing the force to flow. She clearly has fighting skills prior to this, also it seems like she was at the new jedi academy when the slaughter took place. So even if she isn't Luke's daughter she still may have had some training that was lost to her like those early memories either due to a mental barrier from the force or some sort of self inflicted forgetting in response to the traumatic event.

Well said.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

The Boba Fett movie should co-star Darth Maul. They can both stand around saying and doing nothing, it'll be rad

One-Dimensional Star Wars Villains Universe.

Make it happen Disney.

• Like 2

Just now, Sagemode87 said:

No one is saying he should've been one dimensional. We're just saying he didn't have to show his face during the middle  of the movie. Not to mention his unmasking was so casual, I actually cringed. He looks goofy and weak. Couldn't take him seriously when he put the mask back on and continued with the amped voice. 

He is goofy and weak, that's yknow why he succumbed to the dark side. He wants people to think of him as this cool shadowy badass but really he's a broken, sad mess.

Sad broken humans have orchestrated most of the worst atrocities in human history, btw. Pain is both interesting and terrifying

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

They are gonna do Darth Maul, Captain Phasma and Grevious origins movies, besides the Bobba Fett one, aren't they? Fucking Star Wars mega fanboys:kitschjob: 

They already did the Darth Maul origin in the Clone Wars show after they resurrected him.

1 hour ago, Sagemode87 said:

If he's not meant to be Vader, then he should lose the mask. I cringed when he put the mask back on and talked with the amped voice after seeing what was under there. It just didn't work anymore. 

Dude, seriously, you're not getting it. 

HE WANTS TO BE VADER!!!!! That's why he wears the damn mask. He's trying to really hard to be something that we as the audience can see that he's probably never going to be. But he doesn't know that. He thinks he's going to be just like Vader and take up the mantle of wiping out the Jedi and controlling the Galaxy. 

Obviously, I'm not going to change your mind, so we'll just going to have to agree to disagree. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I was asked in a thousand PMs if Snoke is Darth Plagueis, but the film doesn't even make this clear who Snoke is anyway. I assumed he was some sort of Chief Sith type dude. We'll see more of him in Episode 8 and 9 for sure. 

And people elsewhere were convinced you hadn't seen it because you couldn't answer that question.

• Like 1