CaptainJackSparrow

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story | 1B WW

Just now, peludo said:

Agreed. People should look at Empire Strikes Back and Attack of the Clones to determine how much SW8 will make. Both dropped big, independently of the quality/reception of their predecessors and themselves. Around 600/800/1.4b seems likely. Maybe a bit more DOM, but nothing close to TFA.

Yeah. 1.4-1.5b is what I expect too.

13 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Looking at the current numbers 1.6b ww is now impossible, because Star Wars isn't so popular overseas and this is looking to make <$500m domestic.

13 minutes ago, hw64 said:

Usually I wouldn't say this, but you are simply wrong.

Never underestimate the power of Star Wars.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story launched with a $290.5m global weekend, landing top of the chart in every market.

Overseas, Rogue One’s $135.5m bow from 54 territories marks the fourth highest December opening of all time, with the highest opening weekend of 2016 in the likes of France ($10m), Germany ($12.5m) and Spain ($4.5m).

Its biggest international debut came in the UK with a four-day $21m opening marking the biggest of the year to date and the second biggest December opening ever, behind only The Force Awakens.

Other highlights included the third highest opening weekend for Disney ever in Australia with $10.8m.

At 708 IMAX screens worldwide, Rogue One amassed $29.2m for the second biggest December IMAX opening of all time. $10.2m of its opening weekend came from 307 IMAX screens overseas, including the biggest IMAX opening ever in Japan, Denmark and Belgium.

-Screendaily

Edited by Aristis

Just now, jb007 said:

That is a very good number for Rogue One. About 50% of TFA opening weekend.

Yeah, i mean with the effect of higher USD due to Trump's win and Fed Rate Hike.. Not bad at all.

Hope WOM is good going forward, I hope it gets AT LEAST 600m USD from overseas, and a total at least 1.1 billion worldwide.

I hope it beat Civil War but its gonna be tough.

1 minute ago, Apollo2xx said:

I was a little disappointed by this 290 million figure. Deadline was expecting a global debut of 300-350 million, and even Fantastic Beasts made 145 million on overseas weekend (without China and Japan).

Ya, honestly, it is not the juggernaut that most people expected it to be.

Especially domestically... I was hoping for a 180m. Fandango crash and news like that... made us hopes high, but its opening is like Hunger Games.

31 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Looking at the current numbers 1.6b ww is now impossible, because Star Wars isn't so popular overseas and this is looking to make <$500m domestic.

$500M would need an multipler of 3,23x. TFA had more than 3,78x. Do you think it'll decrease that much?