CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

1 minute ago, superduperm said:

So if it somehow comes out above $41M, is this a more legendary Monday than TDK?

That'd be a softer drop than Avatar despite 2.45 times the Sunday gross.  It'd be up there.

What the hell is next Monday going to be like if this goes >150M for the weekend?  

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Mendelson can choke on those "frontloaded" comments and articles. 

Nothing about this has been frontloaded.  It's managed to average 57.8M for 4 straight days after 57M in previews.  That's insane. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

Hell at 30M it's more legendary, at 41M it's in a different stratosphere. 

When I say "legendary," I'm not just talking about the number being higher. I'm talking about overall impressiveness and straight up shocking the forums.

TDK's Monday was so dramatic that it led people were talk about how Titanic's record was in jeopardy.

Nothing is set in stone until tomorrow, but so far, this is looking like a groundbreaker. I'm starting to believe in $1 billion domestic...

A bit of anecdotal evidence to fan the flames of hype:

Saw it for the 3rd time tonight (still amazing. still get chills at...certain moments). The RPX screening (2D) was sold out. Everyone was there 35 minutes before the film. Clapping, laughing, standing ovation, on a MONDAY. I've never seen anything like this.

• Like 6