CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

2 minutes ago, Fake said:

40M  Monday?? FUCKING INSANE!!!

1 Billion is getting more and more likely every day.

Beating Avatar is almost locked now!

BTW is rth's 39-41 the last update or was there one after that?

It's his only update.

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Point Break

and less than a month later

Bayghazi

#Blessed

For some reasons, YouTube decided that is the trailer for me. I've seen it so many times now. 

Watching Jim Halpert being all seriouzzz is taking its toll on me. 

Edited by Sam

Just now, Sam said:

For some reasons, YouTube decided that is the trailer for me. I've seen it so many times now. 

Watching Jim Halpert being all seriouzzz is taking its toll on me. 

At least it's not the Deadpool trailer

Give thanks for the little victories

• Like 1

The thing that's spreading fast and is a big help to this is "You don't need to see the other ones to understand Episode VII." I know about ten people who told me last month they wouldn't see it before finishing the other movies which they weren't planning on doing, but most now have plans to see it by the end of the week even without watching the other ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

At least it's not the Deadpool trailer

Give thanks for the little victories

I saw that one. Oh boy, it was painful. 

Something is better off on the comics pages, or pop up once in a while internet meme, or that one snarky Tumblr post. Deadpool is definitely one of that something. 

But a whole movie of it? I already got secondhand embarrassment from some of the jokes in that trailers, I can't imagine a whole movie full of it. I just can't. 

Just now, Sam said:

I saw that one. Oh boy, it was painful. 

Something is better off on the comics pages, or pop up once in a while internet meme, or that one snarky Tumblr post. Deadpool is definitely one of that something. 

But a whole movie of it? I already got secondhand embarrassment from some of the jokes in that trailers, I can't imagine a whole movie full of it. I just can't. 

It's simply too glorious for some mere mortals to fully comprehend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'm all out of likes, I'm so lost without them....

Copper:

Ad-Free

75 likes/day

Custom Avatar

Ability to send Private Chats to members in Chat Room

Silver:

100 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

PM Box Increased to 75

Premium:

150 "Likes" Per Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Add Events to Community Calender

Special Forum Access

PM Box Increased to 100

Gold:

500 "Likes" a Day

Ad-Free Viewing

Custom Avatar

Custom Member Title

Custom Signature

Personal Blog

Access to Special Forum

Upload Images to Gallery

Add Events to Community Calender

PM Box Increased to 150

1 hour ago, Nasok said:

It's a little bit not fair to judge. Russia with Exchange rate from 2009 would overdone avatar or come close. Now it's impossible even to get half of it. The same around the world

This will be issue for Avatar 2 as well though. 

Agree. I am already impressed by Russias and Euro-based results, especially considering how bad the exchange rates are nowadays. It's a lot to compensate via more tickets...

Euro / Euro-connected countries

2000px-Verwendung_des_Euro_und_daran_gek

1 hour ago, Tubes said:

Screen%20Shot%202015-12-22%20at%201.27.3

By Christmas, all these records will be broken.

For me Christmas Eve is X-Mas (including we get our presents at the evening of Christmas EVE) = I wouldn't count on the Thursday record beig broken this week

59 minutes ago, tokila said:

all but Thursday. CMAS eve will prevent this.  I am thinking 24-25 mil for CMAS eve.

Other wrote even $20m+, as i do not life in the US, I have no feeling for that particular day's traditions and rules.

46 minutes ago, ForcedForward said:

Well everyone is going bonkers!:P 570 million in 10 days....At this rate it hits 700 million in 20 days.

I sure hope it passes Avitar, but it could hit a wall, very front loaded movie, everyone wants to see it NOW.

Nope, I e.g. run a school library and doing Media related subjects and used both to ask around.

Counting for the till ~ 14y old:

all born to German parents want / plan to see it for the first time after X-Mas / Christmas Eve. Two with South African / Scandinavian parents want to see it earlier, but might have to wait till the parents have time to drive them.

A lot of the older than twenty-somethings also want to wait till the rush is over.

I started to ask around a long time before the premiere, this is not based on the actual news, but on the news about the insane pre-sales.

36 minutes ago, #ED2-D2 said:

Dude, I practically sent people gifts and they're all going to open the box thinking they're wrapped. So pissed!

Send mails/ SMS / phone to them to warn them?

27 minutes ago, John Marston said:

One thing I am hoping is that it can beat Avatar worldwide too 

Based on exchange rates and the bad performance in Hong Kong (not the same as the Chinese market) I wouldn't count on that, see above. Here a chart for the Euro, the Russian Rubel is far worse, for that one I only found one that mirrors the details

euro-area-currency.png?s=eurusd&v=201512

Rubel, the other way around presented

DollarRubleExchangeRate.png

• Like 5

Not indicative of Monday's numbers but here's some stats from my theatre.

TFA did the equivalent of $278M for opening weekend; Sunday actually INCREASED from Saturday here and did the equivalent of $85M alone. Then, Monday comes along, my manager expects it to slow down a bit until Tuesday madness, doesn't put too many staff on (I'm one of them) then a hoard of people show up and Star Wars makes the equivalent of $71M today.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

It's simply too glorious for some mere mortals to fully comprehend.

I'm happily staying mere mortal then. That's definitely way better then trying to comprehend it and possibly end up dying from embarrassment. 

And I say that as someone who actually found Deadpool's antics generally funny.

But well, your cup of tea, my cup of tea. 

38 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't think I've opened any non-Star Wars related thread since Thursday night, probably gonna be the case for the next month lol.  Everything else is just so irrelevant right now.

I was also visiting the sxtra forum for Premium / Gold members, but beside those posts I too only visited Star Wars 7 related threads I think (incl. the International Forum)

16 minutes ago, superduperm said:

That's practically my entire life right there. I didn't even have consciousness back in 1997...

Pfft, I already worked part time (and went to a ~ specialized technical school) as part IV got released....

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

I'm happily staying mere mortal then. That's definitely way better then trying to comprehend it and possibly end up dying from embarrassment. 

And I say that as someone who actually found Deadpool's antics generally funny.

But well, your cup of tea, my cup of tea. 

Hmm, apparently I wasn't over the top enough, seems like you took me seriously.

• Like 1