CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Batman v Superman may not even finish in the top 5 of the year after that latest trailer.

I'm in love with that ridiculous Troll Luthor thing Eisenberg's doing so I can't provide a fair opinion here

Spoiler

Reaction to that trailer does seem crazy negative

1 minute ago, 23IsEverywhere said:

If this follows

The Hobbit 3's monday multiplier (a Wednesday opener) $966m-1B

Return of the King's monday multiplier (also a Wednesday opener)  $975m-1.0125B

Avatar with the Monday multiplier that is $1.849-$1.931B domestic

Lol, last one is higher than Gone with the Wind adjusted.

3 minutes ago, 23IsEverywhere said:

If this follows

The Hobbit 3's monday multiplier (a Wednesday opener) $966m-1B

Return of the King's monday multiplier (also a Wednesday opener)  $975m-1.0125B

Avatar with the Monday multiplier that is $1.849-$1.931B domestic

Well there it is then. 1B is done. You can't tell me it is going to hold up worse than The Hobbit 3. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Batman v Superman may not even finish in the top 5 of the year after that latest trailer.

Im looking forward to BvS but that trailer was awful. Terrible editing and Eisenberg is looking to top the lists of worst superhero movie villains of all time. He looks right out of a Schumacher Batman film. They better release another trailer because I do think reaction to that previous one was bad to indifferent 

Edited by John Marston

4 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm greedy and want the number to go up just a little more

I want TFA Monday > Trans4mers OD

I've got the perfect gif

I made the perfect gif for that one. :ph34r:

• Like 3

Just now, John Marston said:

Im looking forward to BvS but that trailer was awful. Terrible editing and Eisenberg is looking to top the lists of worst superhero movie villains of all time. He looks right of a Schumacher Batman film. They better release another trailer 

They won't edit Eisenberg out the movie.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The movie will have a breaking point we won't expect.

I could see this. It will hit a wall where everone that wants to see it will have. But I dont see it coming before 2nd week of January. By that point Avatar will be danger close. Right now I dont see this falling below 800mil. 1 bil is still going to need a special run from here on out. 

17 minutes ago, tokila said:

AND! Goodwill for the film will be through the rough. AOTC DID NOT have that going for it safe to say.

Oh yeah. I think I read earlier only 1% disliked this movie via Twitter. So yeah there is a vocal group that has bashed it (places like IMDB, The Wrap...sigh) but overall GA seems to be very happy with it. So there's no doubt to me that Episode 8 will be the biggest movie of that year. Now will the marketing be as good? Will the trailers contain more mysteries to keep building on the hype? Will it get sky high reviews?

I don't think it can reach these types of numbers much like AOU couldn't reach Avengers and that had a ton of goodwill along with great marketing leading into it too. But then again we don't have individual movies for these characters since Rouge 1 is a spin off so this is the audiences only chance to continue the story. It will be big for sure but I dunno about this big.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The movie will have a breaking point we won't expect.

True but I don't see that point until after New Years weekend. It should be well over 700M by then. If it starts to behave normally even then I see at least 850-900M finish. At this point 1B+ looks very likely. 

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I'm in love with that ridiculous Troll Luthor thing Eisenberg's doing so I can't provide a fair opinion here

Hide contents

Reaction to that trailer does seem crazy negative

I haven't seen the trailer (surprisingly not even before both times watching SW) but your endorsement make me

intrigued. Is it more glorious than your man Hector?

• Like 1

Just now, druv10 Maul said:

True but I don't see that point until after New Years weekend. It should be well over 700M by then. If it starts to behave normally even then I see at least 850-900M finish. At this point 1B+ looks very likely. 

Yeah. So what if it falls off a cliff in 2016? It's going to be past Avatar by 1/3 at this rate. It will really have to die to miss 1b. 

1 minute ago, Sam said:

I haven't seen the trailer (surprisingly not even before both times watching SW) but your endorsement make me

intrigued. Is it more glorious than your man Hector?

Would take a lot to topple Hector but it's a promising start

• Like 3