CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

8 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Avatar was a widely enjoyed movie that used it's new format to its advantage. It's blue ray sales proved that it wasn't just the 3D that brought in the crowds, Pandora itself was the biggest selling point Imo. That's no more a gimmick than being a sequel to a hugely successful franchise fueled by nostalgia. If it tops avatar worldwide then we can talk but as of now you've only claimed passing 1b in the US is more impressive even if it fails to reach Avatars worldwide tally, I'm disagreeing with that.

2 can play this game

No England, no America full stop ;)

It was called America before england. w/o  england, youre right, it would be different. It wouldn't have the scar of a slave history.

7 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

If it does end up opening MD weekend, you're probably right.

I totally forgot it was opening 5/26/17. I should have said a year and a half. 

This is awesome, kind of like having a nightmare that Christmas is still six months away then waking up and remembering it's September. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

Ummm funny. For me Avatar had a bad story, a weak villain, and forgettable characters. Everyone has a different opinion 

I think one of the most interesting things about the Avatar run is how little it actually entered the cultural lexicon.  Basically every other all time monster hit (Jaws, Star Wars, ET, Titanic, etc.) has had lasting impact but Avatar just isn't a movie that gets talked about outside of its box office run and it really didn't develop a particularly fervorous fanbase. 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Friday was off at times but last three days he's been crushing it. His adjustments have been incredible, guy should work for the studios or media. Could make some nice coin I bet.

James Earl Jones in Coming to America: WORK???!!!!  RTH is a box office god, he does not need to work.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

They were already going to have to move either Star Wars or Guardians. You can't just open two Benicio del Toro movies in the same month like that

Oh yeah, they are totally gonna move one of them. 

If TFA Followed Avatar through the next three weeks :ph34r:

Mon: 40.1m

Tue: 39.4m

Wed: 40.3m

Thu: 27.3m

395m 1st Week

Fri: 56.5m

Sat: 69.2m 

Sun: 59.4m

2nd Weekend: 185.1m (580.1m)

Mon: 47.6m

Tue: 44.8m