CJohn

STAR WARS TFA MONDAY ACTUAL - 40.1M, THE FORCE IS STRONGER THAN AVATAR! (pg48)

1 hour ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

Now, now. He did write this today: http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/12/22/star-wars-the-force-awakens-3-reasons-its-box-office-blowout-is-good-news/:P

40.1m (or 41.1m, whatever it is) is fucking legendary. That SM2 record stood forever and is legendary itself. SW just shattered another record that may not be broken for another two years, if not longer.

FTFY. ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jandrew said:

The basketball bit was the hardest ive laughed from a trailer this year, so ill do a cheap tuesday or something, but I need to see it.

Went to an xmas party sunday and some others were chatting how funny it looks, so i wont be the only person in the theater lol.

I won't judge your comedy tastes. I laughed a lot harder at the trailer for Vacation, than for anything in Spy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

Lol its not going down, wishful thinking from Star Wars diehards. The best bet is domestic as this movie isn't getting close to 2.7 worldwide, rightfully so. TFA is overrated, enjoyed Avatar much more. Doesn't deserve the hate it gets. 

Ummm funny. For me Avatar had a bad story, a weak villain, and forgettable characters. Everyone has a different opinion 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Friday was off at times but last three days he's been crushing it. His adjustments have been incredible, guy should work for the studios or media. Could make some nice coin I bet.

The massive previews are screwing with all the experts ability to predict.

Less of an issue once we got into the weekend.

LOL at where he should work... I take it that was in jest?

28 minutes ago, DAR said:

Are we still questioning Rth's abilities?  For those who are, feel free to give us numbers that are close to the mark on a consistent basis.

On 07/12/2015, 14:49:07, Jessie said:

50m midnights

70m fri

82m Sat

61m Sun           263m OW

40m mon

38m tue

37m wed

24m thu

51m fri

53m sat

36m sun          140 m 2nd weekend

28m mon

27m tue

27m wed

18m thu

37m fri

37m sat

23m sun          97m 3rd weekend 739m total

final total - 950m ish

......................... surely fucking not

:P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth AndyLL said:

The massive previews are screwing with all the experts ability to predict.

Less of an issue once we got into the weekend.

LOL at where he should work... I take it that was in jest?

It was sort of lol but in fairness the statistical analysis & modeling I assume he does could be used in plenty of other areas. Guy clearly has talent or is good at disseminating information at a basic level.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

I won't judge your comedy tastes. I laughed a lot harder at the trailer for Vacation, than for anything in Spy.

My favorite comedy is Rush Hour 2, so that should tell you everything you need to know.

• Like 1

Just now, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

What are the chances you guys think that Episode VIII moves to Christmas 2017?  If it all possible I wouldn't want to mess with the massive success of the release date. Not sure when Avatar 2 is going to be ready.

I'm sure they're at least seriously considering it now.

Just now, Dark 33Legend of the Sith said:

What are the chances you guys think that Episode VIII moves to Christmas 2017?  If it all possible I wouldn't want to mess with the massive success of the release date. Not sure when Avatar 2 is going to be ready.

Like 97% chance

• Like 2

@Baumer Fett- Re numbers.  Always to with Boxoffice.com

Yesterday when I was posting Derby actuals there was a dependency between BO.com and BOM and Shawn verified BO.com was correct.

And speaking of Derby... don't miss another heroic week in the Derby.

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20788-twas-the-derby-before-christmas-week-52-december-25-december-27-2015/

• Like 3