baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

I'll just put my .02 on this whole thing. There hasn't been one issue regarding the previews being counted towards Friday's gross since post-Aurora until now. And why is that? BD2, CF, AOU, MJ1 and JW all had the same advantages TFA did. They got showings before midnight too so why didn't people say their previews were unfair? TFA's demand was just higher than all of them and the grosses reflect that. If it had a midnight it still would've destroyed the record. Don't think otherwise.

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I didn't get that indication from reading his tweet. Really more just a realistic observation based on time frame I would say :)

It will go down as 5 days in the record books.

3 minutes ago, blackspider said:

I'll just put my .02 on this whole thing. There hasn't been one issue regarding the previews being counted towards Friday's gross since post-Aurora until now. And why is that? BD2, CF, AOU, MJ1 and JW all had the same advantages TFA did. They got showings before midnight too so why didn't people say their previews were unfair? TFA's demand was just higher than all of them and the grosses reflect that. If it had a midnight it still would've destroyed the record. Don't think otherwise.

This

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

Is there any info about how much of the 100m in pre-release sales were for the 2nd weekend?

Just that Christmas Day was the 3rd highest amount of tickets sold after Thursday and Friday.

TFA should break the non-opening Wednesday record. Unless it drops by more than 20%. Currently Transformers(in its 2nd day) has this at 29 million. 

Wednesday overall record totally out of reach. 68m mil by Twilight: Eclipse opening day. 

For frame of reference, JW dropped 18% from its 1st tues to 1 wed. 

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Is there any info about how much of the 100m in pre-release sales were for the 2nd weekend?

Probably way over that number now.  Presales for the 2nd weekend have still been building up.

15 minutes ago, blackspider said:

LOL There are $57,000,000.00 reasons why people don't care about those other movie's previews.

• Like 5