druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Lol my expectations and satisfaction for the weekend was $140m then it went up to $160m on Thursday. Then this morning it was inching even higher after all of y'all were saying $170m and $180m because all of y'all hyping it up so much. Bringing my expectations up for nothing.

11 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Aehm, I am no man ;)

Grey already pointed it out, for the 500 Likes a day = Gold = $15. But they have a special offer for now, 1 year for $150

Nope, the first sentence is rather... clearly not meaning that In fact, there is a good chance it could be a $100M day.

That seems a tad bit higher than all the other sites wrote

If, that only possibel for the 2nd sentence... and even me, with mainly self-trained English abilities see that's a rather sloppy editing and/or grammar.

Back to back-reading the next few pages

There are comments before and after the one you quoted that indicate they DID mean the total box office and not just Star Wars. Full quote IN CONTEXT:

Right now — and it’s early in matinees — the film could take in anywhere around $150M to help fuel what is likely to be a historic weekend — this could be the first true three-day Christmas and weekend in history that crosses $300M. In fact, there is a good chance it could be a $100M day. Last weekend was calculated at $313M but that included that whopping Disney preview number of $57M forStar Wars.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

EDIT: I see Rth brought us a nice Christmas gift a few posts above. That's much better. :D Still, now we know the Avatar holds really likely were just a very temporary thing. 

Why do people keep talking about Avatar holds? It's a little harder to decrease by under 2% on your second weekend when you had about 191m your first weekend. And it doesn't matter since TFA will sprint, not walk, past Avatar's domestic gross. 

• Like 1

You

1 minute ago, shruth said:

Lol my expectations and satisfaction for the weekend was $140m then it went up to $160m on Thursday. Then this morning it was inching even higher after all of y'all were saying $170m and $180m because all of y'all hyping it up so much. Bringing my expectations up for nothing.

Avatar has been locked now guys.

Should be at 540 million by Sunday and near Avatar by Jan 3rd. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Just now, shruth said:

This movie seems impossible to predict on a daily basis, but with the range rth just gave us, 160 certainly isn't off the table yet. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rth said:

now that im the piss :) ...bit upside last DL update 49-51

All right.. I've already ruined my lower and upper jaws in the past few days so if that number gets any higher my NOSE is the next to go..

Edited by KATCH-2D2
  • Like 3