druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

2 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Are they showing MI3 tonight, CJ?

I almost went to see TFA in lieMAX for the 2nd time tonight, but these overeating marathons for the past couple of days really got to me so I'll rather stay in where I can fart in peace while waiting for rth's teasing to be over.

Yes, MI3 starts at 2 AM here and should end after 4 AM. Hopefully there will be an update at some point. 

18 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I see what you're saying. Possible too, but then again it's not going to open as huge as SH so multi should be a little better. Little Fockers should at least be the benchmark I'd say, with potential to go higher. 

I have the impression, that christmas day is even bigger now than it was in 2009, so we'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprised by some bigger drops tomorrow.

To put in statistics,  what I mean:

2008 vs. 2014 Openers 2nd day drops:

2008:
Marley & Me 3%

Benjamin Button: 14,5%
Bedtime Stories: 4,3%
Valkyrie: 3,6%

2014:
Unbroken: 20,1%

Into the Woods: 19,2%
The Gambler: 31,6%

Big Eyes: -26,1%

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I have the impression, that christmas day is even bigger now than it was in 2009, so we'll see what happens, but I wouldn't be surprised by some bigger drops tomorrow.

To put in statistics,  what I mean:

2008 vs. 2014 Openers 2nd day drops:

2008:
Marley & Me 3%

Benjamin Button: 14,5%
Bedtime Stories: 4,3%
Valkyrie: 3,6%

2014:
Unbroken: 20,1%

Into the Woods: 19,2%
The Gambler: 31,6%

Big Eyes: -26,1%

Good point. OK, so 200 probably isn't in contention. 150 is though, which is still huge for it, and I doubt very many people besides Ferrell could have taken the same movie that high. Guy deserves major recognition for nearly 15 years of rock solid consistency at comedic hits. Even the likes of Carrey didn't maintain his track record as long (even though he was way bigger at his peak before anyone jumps on me). 

1 minute ago, CJ Ren said:

Yes, MI3 starts at 2 AM here and should end after 4 AM. Hopefully there will be an update at some point. 

Why are they showing these Tammy Cruise action classics so late, though? It kinda bothers me.

Speaking of MI3, Felicity is someone I could understand being an object of great hatred, as opposed to M.M. I'd like for everyone to think for a moment and name an actor/director/justinbieber they resent the most... for no reason whatsoever. (subconcious stuff is also valid, like hating on mark ruffalo cause your squinty uncle touched you naked as a kid)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Lets not get our hopes super up. We all know what happened yesterday. Anything above 55M is great.

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Would be nice, but I'd keep my expectations in check if I were you.

Don't worry, I won't be posting gloom and doom if it only makes 53 or 54M :lol:   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K1Rey said:

Don't worry, I won't be posting gloom and doom if it only makes 53 or 54M :lol:   

Haha yea I think yesterday brought everyone back into reality so to speak (which is still hilarious considering reality was double the previous Christmas record). Anything north of 10% over Christmas is good to me :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

Lets not get our hopes super up. We all know what happened yesterday. Anything above 55M is great.

Let's be honest, anything over yesterday is great considering the very high level this is performing at. It's not what some are hoping but I'd be perfectly happy w/ $50m+.

• Like 6